Any Plumbers?

Hopefully you don’t mind If jump in here too. Bought a house I’m renovating and will rent. I need to swap out the hot water heater. Was really wanting to go tankless but it’s not an option so I have to go old school. Id like to go economical but the reviews I see are scary. Anyone also want to recommend something?

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/29/2024 at 12:02 PM, Skipper said:

I need a new rec for Dallas as well if anyone has someone they really like.  I feel like folks we've been using have been trying to upsell a bit recently.

I've used Hooper Plumbing for the last decade or so and have been happy.  They get people out quickly and stuff is fixed when they leave.

https://www.hooperplumbing.com/

Honestly, I'm not sure how they are for prices because I haven't compared them to anyone else in years.

Edited by orange dream
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, orange dream said:

I've used Hooper Plumbing for the last decade or so and have been happy.  They get people out quickly and stuff is fixed when they leave.

https://www.hooperplumbing.com/

Honestly, I'm not sure how they are for prices because I haven't compared them to anyone else in years.

Even though I’m not the person who asked, thanks for the rec.  My long-time guy, who was the best, most honest plumber to ever walk the earth, died last year.  So the next time I need a plumber I will be starting from scratch.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/2/2024 at 9:53 AM, Spaulding Smails said:

I have two businesses.  Residential general contracting and plumbing / electrical / HVAC service.  

The punishment and misery of owning a  GC business wasn't enough? Had to double down?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dish Boggett said:

The punishment and misery of owning a  GC business wasn't enough? Had to double down?

What can I say?  I'm a glutton for punishment, I suppose.  I still say my dream job is owning a business that has no customers and no employees.  Haven't figured that one out yet.

6 hours ago, Spaulding Smails said:

What can I say?  I'm a glutton for punishment, I suppose.  I still say my dream job is owning a business that has no customers and no employees.  Haven't figured that one out yet.

I think that’s called consulting or being an expert witness 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Dish Boggett said:

I think that’s called consulting or being an expert witness 

I was an expert witness.  My customers were law firms and insurance companies.   It was a PITA.  Sometimes it took forever to get paid.