Texas @ Texas Tech Series Thread

ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You said "this is who Tristan is" after he had an all-time bad start. That isn't who Tristan is. Regardless of circumstance.

I'm not shocked. He was bound to get hammered at some point. He really has to be close to perfect, and it's amazing that he's managed to do that so often.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You said "this is who Tristan is" after he had an all-time bad start. That isn't who Tristan is. Regardless of circumstance.

Yes it is who Tristan is, he pitches to contact. When it doesn’t find gloves he’s in trouble. He barely survived 3.1 against Tennessee in Omaha giving up 4 runs and it took spectacular defense for him to just survive those 3.

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

I'm not shocked. He was bound to get hammered at some point. He really has to be close to perfect, and it's amazing that he's managed to do that so often.

Yep. It’s gotta be pretty much no walks, constantly ahead, and then even then if the ball isn’t finding a glove there is nothing he can do

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Yes it is who Tristan is, he pitches to contact. When it doesn’t find gloves he’s in trouble. He barely survived 3.1 against Tennessee in Omaha giving up 4 runs and it took spectacular defense for him to just survive those 3.

Fair enough. Not worth debating now I guess.

Fuck this series.  What in the fucking fuck is happening up there in that shithole triangle of baseball?  

I'm a bad fan.  I got yardwork to do.  Let's avoid the sweep tomorrow and figure out what the fuck is happening to this team as of late.  I'm sorry Witt got hurt.  I truly am, he's probably got the Top-3 best stuff of any pitcher in this program in the last decade, but this is insane.  The season is already 1/3rd over...we gotta make sure we make the post-season at this point.  FUCK!  I'm gonna go do yardwork.  I just can't today with this bullshit

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hodo batting in the 2nd slot is killing the Texas offense...   FUCK

I don't like the constant flipping of him and EK. Pick a leadoff guy and stick with him. We have one left handed hitter - it isn't a huge deal where he bats.

2018 team lost 5 in a row at one point, dropped 2 series in conference play and had Parker Joe Robinson pitching high leverage innings out of the bullpen.

It’s March and our conference schedule is front loaded. We have things to figure out but throwing in the towel at this point is beyond stupid.

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I don't understand what pitch Silas and Faltine are looking for. 

I mean Faltine has at least proven he can take pitchers out of the park. Why Silas is against putting a sac fly up there with zero outs is beyond me.