Texas @ Texas Tech Series Thread

ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I mean that's just inexcusable. We really need to get our shit together. Totally handed them that game. 

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

We got some problems.

Nah, mostly just bad sequencing luck tonight.  4 solo homers yet 10 LOB.  Go get 'em tomorrow.

Send that ump back to high school softball. Fucker would call a strike a foot off the plate if tech’s shitty catcher could rip his glove back into the zone in a reasonable time. 

Can confirm he belongs in HS softball. Some of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet. I got thrown out of my daughter’s game this week just for saying “that was horrible”. Soft ass weak ass bitches.

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Nah, mostly just bad sequencing luck tonight.  4 solo homers yet 10 LOB.  Go get 'em tomorrow.

Jeez man I pump as much sunshine as anyone but we're now 5-4 in our last 9 and just totally blew our first conference game. Not exactly brimming with confidence that these guys are going to waltz to a conference title and Omaha. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Jeez man I pump as much sunshine as anyone but we're now 5-4 in our last 9 and just totally blew our first conference game. Not exactly brimming with confidence that these guys are going to waltz to a conference title and Omaha. 

“totally blew”

we were losing in the 8th inning on the road at the 16th ranked team and took a brief 1 run lead. Not exactly Chernobyl here. 

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

I dunno man.  Something is fucked up about this team. 

Objectively, the bullpen is unreliable and scary, and it's getting to the point where it shouldn't be.

Some new bats are coming around, but some old ones are flailing.

3 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Can’t see his shoes with those legs. Daydreaming about leg day. 

It's funny in the South Carolina series I was watching him on the mound and thought man, someone is gonna steal a base on him because he seems not really be aware of what is going on between pitches.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

“totally blew”

we were losing in the 8th inning on the road at the 16th ranked team and took a brief 1 run lead. Not exactly Chernobyl here. 

Sure. You can paint it that way. We were also winning in the bottom of the 8th and let them score 2 runs on 0 hits to beat us including a fucking stolen home base. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Objectively, the bullpen is unreliable and scary, and it's getting to the point where it shouldn't be.

this team doesn't look like it has "it".  doesn't mean they can't make a super regional but it's gonna be a grind.

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, I wonder if Tadlock thought the steal of home would actually work. Might have been hoping Nixon would balk...

If Tadlock had watched video of Nixon he'd probably saw the opportunity.  at least it happened now and not in a regional/super regional.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

For the future I have this bad feeling that if it’s a close lead with Stevens and Pete, and the bullpen needs to finish the last two or three innings, it’s going to be a 50/50 chance we win or lose. There’s just not enough consistent reliable arms in the pen. 

Let's keep things in perspective. That sucked major peen but no way are any of us as embarrassed as the guys on the team. Let's see how they rebound tomorrow and try and back door this thing. 

(And I'm catching myself as much as anyone else)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

the pitching staff without Witt is not Omaha good IMO.  that said they have enough hitting and pitching to ham and egg it to get there potentially.

10 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

For the future I have this bad feeling that if it’s a close lead with Stevens and Pete, and the bullpen needs to finish the last two or three innings, it’s going to be a 50/50 chance we win or lose. There’s just not enough consistent reliable arms in the pen. 

we haven't replaced Quintanilla or Witt.  Quintanilla was huge for us last year.  still a lot of baseball but a couple of guys are gonna really need to step up for long relief.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

we haven't replaced Quintanilla or Witt.  Quintanilla was huge for us last year.  still a lot of baseball but a couple of guys are gonna really need to step up for long relief.

Yep, made the comment earlier in the year when Witt first went down that we were going to feel the loss of Cole the most.