Texas @ Texas Tech Series Thread

ztejas

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Well he’s going to end up throwing him for 2 innings anyway…..

Hindsight is 20/20. Are you arguing that Pierce should have known that Silas was going to overthrow 2nd? Or he should have known that Melendez wouldn't take the out at first? How do you know that Nixon wouldn't get taken yard by their first hitter? Or walk him just like Southard did?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Are you arguing that Pierce should have known that Silas was going to overthrow 2nd? Or he should have known that Melendez wouldn't take the out at first? How do you know that Nixon wouldn't get taken yard by their first hitter? Or walk him just like Southard did?

I don’t know any of that, but I do know Nixon is our closer and despite any shaky outings he may have had, he still has a 0.00 ERA. Now we are asking him to go 3 innings when we could have asked him to just start the 8th with a one run lead.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t know any of that, but I do know Nixon is our closer and despite any shaky outings he may have had, he still has a 0.00 ERA. Now we are asking him to go 3 innings when we could have asked him to just start the 8th with a one run lead.

This game is huge and all and I would have completely been on board with putting him in, but I can see Pierce thinking about the next two games. Of course now we are probably going to be without Nixon for the rest of the weekend.

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Now we are asking him to go 3 innings when we could have asked him to just start the 8th with a one run lead.

Okay but there's no guarantee they don't tie the game anyway. You admit yourself Nixon has been shaky. He has a 0 ERA but he also hasn't come out to start the 8th yet this year. You're acting like Southard totally blew it and he really didn't. He walked one batter and we fucked it up from there. 

Either way you're entitled to your opinion. Not saying you aren't right - entirely possible you are. Just trying to defend DP's decision there.