Texas @ Texas Tech Series Thread

ztejas

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn, I'm ready for Hodo to be moved down in the order -- batting him 2nd right now is demoralizing... 😬

Eh, he’s hitting .280 with an OBP close to .380. He’s far from the weakest link right now. You also have to move someone up if you are planning on moving him down and I don’t think anyone fits the 2 hole mold like he does. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, torre said:

Tadlock's  postgame comments.    Moreland did not ask Pierce to comment postgame on radio,  normal positive rah rah. 

"Once we got to two outs, we've got communication that if we got in a position we need to do it, we're going to do it," Tech coach Tim Tadlock said. "Kurt made it happen. No doubt about it. Kurt's initial lead allowed him to do it. The baseball player Kurt is allowed him to do it."

Asked if the Red Raiders believed from advance scouting they could steal home on Nixon or if they became aware of it during the game, Tadlock said, "I would tell you that I thought we could steal home on their lefthander (starter Pete Hansen). He goes out of the windup a lot.

"(Against) Nixon, I really thought we could steal second and third more so than home, but if you can steal second and third easily, you can probably steal home, too. So I guess it all just kind of added up."

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/sports/college/baseball/2022/03/26/college-baseball-texas-tech-beats-ut-wilson-steals-home-10th-inning/7163902001/

So was he playing head games with Pete Hansen too?

Just now, ztejas said:

I don't give a shit what the balls are doing he shouldn't give up 5 runs in the first inning on 0 outs. Worst start of his career. 

Did I say it was good? He’s a contact pitcher and the contact wasn’t finding gloves. On top of that he was getting behind. 

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Did I say it was good? He’s a contact pitcher and the contact wasn’t finding gloves. On top of that he was getting behind. 

You said "this is who Tristan is" after he had an all-time bad start. That isn't who Tristan is. Regardless of circumstance.