Flash bang car thieves, police advise against it

crash_davis

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Society has an interest in discouraging vigilante justice. This shouldn't have to be explained.

society also has a "person can only take so much continued vandalism, theft, aggravation, with police being fucking impotent to act" level that when triggered, jury nullification solves the problem...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Hunting the perp down and exacting vengeance is one thing.

Reinforcing your mailbox is hardly vigilantism.

True but... if you've filled the inside of your mailbox with concrete it's no longer a mailbox. Also, the law has to draw a line somewhere.

5 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

society also has a "person can only take so much continued vandalism, theft, aggravation, with police being fucking impotent to act" level that when triggered, jury nullification solves the problem...

This. When the authorities come out and tell us they don't have time to deal with petty crimes, that's the signal to deal with it yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Almost every corner house in my neighborhood has these large moss rock boulders on the corners of their lots to get people from driving through their yard.  Is that over the line you drew?

Hopefully those rocks tear of their fake paper plates.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Almost every corner house in my neighborhood has these large moss rock boulders on the corners of their lots to get people from driving through their yard.  Is that over the line you drew?

I had to put some rocks in my yard for this exact reason.  I've had to move those rocks back in place several times after people have run over them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Not near any line that I'd draw. Are you analogizing or throwing out a scenario? What you've described seems pretty close to the reinforced mailbox post situation, which I don't have a problem with, except the boulders are open and notorious so seemingly even less problematic.

Also I didn't draw a line. I don't have a boulder in this stone yard.

Edited by Chopper

On 4/8/2022 at 2:22 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

Cops are too busy rounding up outlaw uber drivers.

• Hook 'Em 1