2022 Longhorns Countdown to kickoff

Longboard Horn

19 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

When I was in HS and BH was playing for the Horns, I was at the UIL State Track meet and sitting with my parents. He came up our aisle near the finish line and sat close by. I was able to briefly tell him how much I appreciated his play with the Horns. He was very cool, approachable, and nice to a teenager.

Lol I can promise you that the same dude was completely different in the bars at night. He and John Hagy were fucking pricks….

• Hook 'Em 1

Boone Powell … watching Darren Lewis score in a 28-27 victory over the Aggies in 1990.
The win wrapped up a 10-1 regular season (our only blemish was an early-season loss to Colorado) during the “Shock the Nation” campaign. Mark Berry saved our bacon with a stop of Lewis on a two-point attempt to seal the win.

9d52ffaa60a60355c622257ede8e6acc--vintag

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Boone Powell … watching Darren Lewis score in a 28-27 victory over the Aggies in 1990.
The win wrapped up a 10-1 regular season (our only blemish was an early-season loss to Colorado) during the “Shock the Nation” campaign. Mark Berry saved our bacon with a stop of Lewis on a two-point attempt to seal the win.

Sort of. We were inside their 10 and kneeling the ball to run out the clock at the end. We could easily have scored more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

The year before Boone Powell scored a TD off a punt that ricocheted off an OU returner and straight to him. I’m pretty sure he also scored on an INT return in 1990, maybe against Tech?

EDIT - It was Micah Padgett against OU, not Boone Powell. White boy LBs all look alike to me….

Edited by Ignatius
  • Haha 1

On 7/9/2022 at 6:13 AM, Longboard Horn said:

My wife’s aggy uncle and I had a rolling bet on that that game. After paying up for several years of losing to Jackie Sherrill’s crooked teams, he refused to honor our wager because ABC [edit:  CBS] “cheated to help t.u. win.” He was convinced that the sideline camera crew showed the play that aggy was going to run, and our coaches up in the booth were told to watch the broadcast so we could signal the defense what to look for. All this supposedly transpired over a span of about 20 seconds.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
CBS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My wife’s aggy uncle and I had a rolling bet on that that game. After paying up for several years of losing to Jackie Sherrill’s crooked teams, he refused to honor our wager because ABC “cheated to help t.u. win.” He was convinced that the sideline camera crew showed the play that aggy was going to run, and our coaches up in the booth were told to watch the broadcast so we could signal the defense what to look for. All this transpired over a span of about 20 seconds.

Sounds like a chicken shit cocksucker.  JMO.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My wife’s aggy uncle and I had a rolling bet on that that game. After paying up for several years of losing to Jackie Sherrill’s crooked teams, he refused to honor our wager because ABC “cheated to help t.u. win.” He was convinced that the sideline camera crew showed the play that aggy was going to run, and our coaches up in the booth were told to watch the broadcast so we could signal the defense what to look for. All this transpired over a span of about 20 seconds.

That’s the story they tell. It’s bullshit. And I think it was CBS. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

2:27:00

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Stonie Clark 

I was seated in the end zone this game. Yelling my lungs out. 
(Side note- Is it me or did it feel like the end zone seats were all the way out to the back line in those days…felt like we were just a mere foot or so from the field.)  Anyway, this play ranks up there for me; like up there with “4&5”…🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

I was seated in the end zone this game. Yelling my lungs out. 
(Side note- Is it me or did it feel like the end zone seats were all the way out to the back line in those days…felt like we were just a mere foot or so from the field.)  Anyway, this play ranks up there for me; like up there with “4&5”…🤘🏻

It seems that way to me, too. I had seats directly behind the goal posts in 1981. Row 2, to be exact. Worst seats in the house. At least the people in Row 1 could put their feet up or have a place to set their drinks. To top it off, the cross bar blocked our view of the scoreboard at the opposite end. Being able to jaw with the OUsucks Roughnecks was a welcomed bonus.  

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Wtf did we have gold outline on our numbers? At least the orange looks burnt. 

3 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Both teams had it to "honor" the Golden Hat..or some such shit

2 hours ago, cochamps said:

Some such shit = Nike marketing gimmick

I honestly liked those uniforms. The gold around the numbers looks good, but only for the Red River game. Glad it wasn't used for any other. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

55 DAYS  🤘

H44QVEJ3JPVHV7WTLDHX2EVRTY.jpg

Damn, if this ain’t a pretty picture. 
One of my most prized pieces of “memorabilia”; of which I don’t have a whole lot and certainly not as much as Cuban’s lawyer(!)…anyway, one of my most prized pieces is a picture of myself, my Wife and our then 1yo Daughter (who’s going into her Soph yr of McCombs), with Coach Royal.

It was T-Day+1 and we were in town to see the game, and as per tradition, we hit Cisco’s for some migas and ran into Coach and Miss Edith. 
They were both so gracious and polite. Miss Edith said, “Y’all get up and let’s get that baby a picture”.  So, we obeyed what she said (IYKYK!🤘🏻) and she took the picture.  

RIP Coach Royal🙏🏻🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 1