Looking for a refurbished Apple Iphone 6S

For my daughter's 6th grade graduation.  I know shoe's going to lose this motherfucker within the year, but her older, more responsible brother got one then and she deserves it (well probably not, but whatever).  What's my best option to locate one on the relative cheap?

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, I just checked Swappa for you -- looks like a Verizon mint condition gold 6s is $205.

I've had 100% positive experience with that site.

N=???

(not being a smartass, just curious how many deals you've done with them)

confirm the swappa experience...bought 3 there over the years with zero problems.

And one of those was for my 5th grader at the time.  Good case goes a long way. 

Edited by beer

On 6/1/2018 at 7:53 PM, Quagmire said:

Cell phone for a 6th grader? Shit

10 years old is what we settled on.  Makes it easy for us being able to get a hold of him.  Also works well as the first thing that gets taken away when he acts like a turd.  His friends who got a phone in sixth grade were among the last ones.  I know it seems crazy, but that's the way it has shaken out.  

And before the assumptions start, not a surly elite private school kid.  The elder, now almost 13, has taken reasonably good care of the phone, but did finally drop it, with the case on, and is coming out of pocket for screen repair.

Edited by dcbc

There are as many positives as negatives with kids that age owning cell phones.  Parents can largely control content, and can also track location.  (Of course this is the location of the phone, not the kid, but all we need to do next is implant the phone in the kid and we're off and running.  I . . . kid.)

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the rec for Swappa in this thread I bought a mint Iphone 7 Plus 128 GB for $529 for my wife's birthday next week.  On time delivery was important.  The purchase and charge went through last Friday.  I just received an e-mail (Tuesday) that they didn't actually have this item is stock.  Refund pending. The seller was a merchant with hundreds of 5 star reviews.  

So my experience with Swappa is 0 for 1 or 100% failure.

Update:  Just purchased from Gazelle.  Mint Iphone 7 Plus 128 GB for $529 which is same as the Swappa.  Will post results.  

Edited by BottleRocket

3 hours ago, BottleRocket said:

Based on the rec for Swappa in this thread I bought a mint Iphone 7 Plus 128 GB for $529 for my wife's birthday next week.  On time delivery was important.  The purchase and charge went through last Friday.  I just received an e-mail (Tuesday) that they didn't actually have this item is stock.  Refund pending. The seller was a merchant with hundreds of 5 star reviews.  

So my experience with Swappa is 0 for 1 or 100% failure.

Update:  Just purchased from Gazelle.  Mint Iphone 7 Plus 128 GB for $529 which is same as the Swappa.  Will post results.  

Probably the same company. 

On 6/10/2018 at 10:36 PM, jimmyjazz said:

There are as many positives as negatives with kids that age owning cell phones.  Parents can largely control content, and can also track location.  (Of course this is the location of the phone, not the kid, but all we need to do next is implant the phone in the kid and we're off and running.  I . . . kid.)

My 7 year old has an iPhone 8 for this reason and an 8 because BOGO, would never pay retail.

that said to the OP I have a 6plus (big) if interested...