Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise Catch-All

C-Man

There’s a chick named Katie that I don’t think has received 5 minutes of screen time this entire season. Only reason I even know she exists is I’ve seen her on Demi’s social. 

Two weeks in a row both and wife and I said “who is that ???” When she walked in for rose ceremony.

Loved how Cassie’s issue was people / family now knowing she wasn’t a virgin. Lol.

I don’t always remember the names (like Jesse Palmer) so I just looked up “Katie.”  Yeah, she was actually played up prominently in the Night One preview pieces, along with Cassie, Demi, Kirpa and a few others. She claimed to be a dancer, but was really horrible. I think she’s extremely pretty, with incredible eyes, but could use some help in the nose area, but who the fuck am I? They have a good chemistry, but yeah, she’s not on much.

There's a girl named Katie? Seriously? 

It's painfully obvious that he's going to choose Cassie. She's the only one that he has any chemistry with. But you know, I'm starting to wonder if this dude even likes girls.

Edited by ajax

4 hours ago, ajax said:

It's painfully obvious that he's going to choose Cassie. She's the only one that he has any chemistry with. But you know, I'm starting to wonder if this dude even likes girls.

there were a ton of rumors when he was on the bachelorette that he was gay.  rumblings from someone who knew someone who knew someone type of telephone bullshit.

then in week 1 or 2, billy eichner, who might be the gayest man in america, suggested that he should decide to be gay, or something like that.  and i feel like it wasn't a completely outrageous statement, nor was it laughed off.

i think cassie is guaranteed top 4, likely top 2.  hannah b is positioning herself well and playing the game.  there are only about 4-5 girls who have a shot at this point.  the rest is just noise.  i think demi makes it to hometowns just to see the circus that is her homelife.  "welcome home mom"  where's she been? /raisingarizona.  hannah g or caelynn will complete the final 4.  (yes, i had to look up names and spellings).

i watched the end of the latest episode last night, what a shitshow.  that other black girl who actually heard the conversation firsthand should've stepped up and said something to colton, because clearly the cuban chick's statement was misconstrued.  their bickering was some classic 10th grade bullshit, which of course set colton off, because he's 15 years old.  neither of those chicks has a shot. 

in the history of this show, anyone who goes to the contestant and complains or narcs out another girl/guy essentially wrecks both of their chances.  every single time.

30 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i watched the end of the latest episode last night, what a shitshow.  that other black girl who actually heard the conversation firsthand should've stepped up and said something to colton, because clearly the cuban chick's statement was misconstrued.  their bickering was some classic 10th grade bullshit, which of course set colton off, because he's 15 years old.  neither of those chicks has a shot.

in the history of this show, anyone who goes to the contestant and complains or narcs out another girl/guy essentially wrecks both of their chances.  every single time.

You're right that it's never worked for anyone on this show ever. At least I can't remember it. It's usually an act of desperation anyway in that the person is already as-good-as-gone even if they don't know it yet.

And I'm not sure the other black girl (Tayshia?) had an obligation to say anything to Colton. I can't imagine how many conversations these chicks have amongst themselves while this show is in production -- how does she know Onyeka is going to take a second-hand conversation to Colton.

I didn't know there were rumors. I was just going off of how he talks and acts. We had a feminine guy like Colton in my boot camp and that dude got roasted by the drill sergeants. He was called "cupcake" the entire time, back in the old days when they could say un-pc stuff like that in the military.

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

You're right that it's never worked for anyone on this show ever. At least I can't remember it. It's usually an act of desperation anyway in that the person is already as-good-as-gone even if they don't know it yet.

And I'm not sure the other black girl (Tayshia?) had an obligation to say anything to Colton. I can't imagine how many conversations these chicks have amongst themselves while this show is in production -- how does she know Onyeka is going to take a second-hand conversation to Colton.

i'm pretty sure she said something like, "i was there when (cuban gal) said that to (red head) and that's not what she said at all."  of course, it morphed from the "i'm using this to get out of miami (makes no sense anyway, miami isn't arkansas)" to "she said i'm emotionally unstable" or whatever it was.  of course, (black chick) says something like, "i never said you were emotionally unstable" then turns to the camera and is like, "yeah, she's literally a straight up psychopath" or something.  fun stuff.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm pretty sure she said something like, "i was there when (cuban gal) said that to (red head) and that's not what she said at all."  of course, it morphed from the "i'm using this to get out of miami (makes no sense anyway, miami isn't arkansas)" to "she said i'm emotionally unstable" or whatever it was.  of course, (black chick) says something like, "i never said you were emotionally unstable" then turns to the camera and is like, "yeah, she's literally a straight up psychopath" or something.  fun stuff.

Wasn't the mix-up between "mentally unstable" and "emotionally unstable"? The Cuban chick didn't think there was a difference, Onyeka did.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Wasn't the mix-up between "mentally unstable" and "emotionally unstable"? The Cuban chick didn't think there was a difference, Onyeka did.

yes - you're right.  she denied saying "mentally unstable" then called her a psycho to the camera, which i found amusing.  i think after a few drinks, in the competition format, they're all emotionally unstable.

5 hours ago, ajax said:

I think Katie was the one he was talking to when he had to go check out what those two were fighting about.  Maybe.  She's so invisible, I might be wrong.  Pretty sure I'm right because I remember thinking "who the hell is he talking too?"  

2 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I find Oyneka to be terribly unattractive.  Something about her face looks like a cartoon character.  And not in the hot, Disney princess way.  More in a weird Dr Seuss way.  

No Racist- Tayisha is my current favorite for hottest girl left.  

i'm sure as a racist jewish white guy, sometimes i think black people look alike when they look nothing alike and all that.  but this season there really has been a wide array of different looking attractive black women, and onyeka is far and away the most unattractive.  i think taysha and katie are both among the hottest left.

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm sure as a racist jewish white guy, sometimes i think black people look alike when they look nothing alike and all that.  but this season there really has been a wide array of different looking attractive black women, and onyeka is far and away the most unattractive.  i think taysha and katie are both among the hottest left.

I thought Courtney was pretty hot too, until she broke out the cray.  

7 minutes ago, ajax said:

Crazy Bama is growing on me. Was kinda sexy when she did the roar this time.

she's finally settling in.  the smart ones figure out where they stand and just kinda lay low until the final 5-6.  the crazy ones like the redhead freak out if they don't get every one on one and eventually lose their shit.

every season there's somebody who has a great 1-1 date, then proceeds to freak the fuck out when the contestant doesn't simply announce that she/he has found their perfect mate and insist that the rest of the season gets cancelled so that they can continue their love affair unencumbered.

14 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I find Oyneka to be terribly unattractive.  Something about her face looks like a cartoon character.  And not in the hot, Disney princess way.  More in a weird Dr Seuss way.

Her chin sticks out farther than her nose, that’s where she gets the caricature look. Hopefully he kicks her & Cuban both out. 

6 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Have they always traveled like this in the past, or is part of it because of the wildfires? 

pretty sure the fires happened after this - since it nabbed the house as well.  i wonder where the bachelorette will take place.

i feel like typically they go somewhere domestic first, then out of the country, all leading up to wherever it ends (even though they come back to do hometowns i guess).  it did seem quick to go from the mansion to freaking singapore.

54 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I thought Courtney was pretty hot too, until she broke out the cray.  

Never liked her very much. I really dig Tayshia, though.

46 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

And I’m also Team HannahBama. Her skin breaks out terribly, but she can fix that. 

Why is her nose always red in her one-on-one interviews? I do like her now that the craziness is tempered. She does like to let loose a "Roll Tide" from time to time -- fortunately it's been a few weeks since the last time.

39 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Have they always traveled like this in the past, or is part of it because of the wildfires? 

Always.

33 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

she definitely has the biggest "delta" between how she looks with makeup vs without.

Definitely.

I think I like Cassie the best of who is left. Both Hannah's are good in my book and I like Tayshia. Demi would be fun -- in a short fling-type situation.

I have noticed there seem to be fewer obvious tattoos than we've seen in recent Bachelor/Bachelorette/BIP seasons. I wonder if that's something Colton talked to producers about before the season when they're picking women to be on the show.

I picked Cassie the first night.  She's the only one who looks like she could get ready to go somewhere with less than 2 hours notice.  She doesn't wear much makeup, doesn't do much with her hair, yet still looks hawt.  And she's got a really nice rack. 

Those are my standards.

Here's my reality TV brush with greatness:

This was probably 2001... I had a guy  in my class named Steven.  He came to my office hours a few times and hung out (I had a recliner in my office at the time).  I really liked him because one time one of the girls who was always flirty with me came by and he talked some sarcastic shit to her about something and it nearly went over her head, but she figured it out and gave him a death glare and I laughed my ass off.  Anyways, sometime mid-semester, I was giving a test and he turns his in and says, "Can I talk to you in the hall?"  Went to the hall with him and he says, "I'm not supposed to tell anyone this, but I'm about to bust, so I'm going to tell you.  Can you keep a secret?"  Yeah.  He said, "They had a casting call at the students center last month for Real World/Road Rules and I interviewed.  Yesterday, I got a call back from them, and they're flying me to NY for the next round of interviews."  He said if they picked him, he'd just drop school.  I said, "Great, I hope I never see you again." and shook his hand. 

Never saw him in class again, but the next time I saw him, I was flipping channels and happened upon Real World Las Vegas, and there he was, making out in a hot tub with Trishelle and another girl. 

42 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Demi would be fun -- in a short fling-type situation

I never thought I'd be typing this but Demi is 10x smarter than Dolton. If they end up together (no f'n chance) he would end up as ground up dust under her high heels.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Here's my reality TV brush with greatness:

This was probably 2001... I had a guy  in my class named Steven.  He came to my office hours a few times and hung out (I had a recliner in my office at the time).  I really liked him because one time one of the girls who was always flirty with me came by and he talked some sarcastic shit to her about something and it nearly went over her head, but she figured it out and gave him a death glare and I laughed my ass off.  Anyways, sometime mid-semester, I was giving a test and he turns his in and says, "Can I talk to you in the hall?"  Went to the hall with him and he says, "I'm not supposed to tell anyone this, but I'm about to bust, so I'm going to tell you.  Can you keep a secret?"  Yeah.  He said, "They had a casting call at the students center last month for Real World/Road Rules and I interviewed.  Yesterday, I got a call back from them, and they're flying me to NY for the next round of interviews."  He said if they picked him, he'd just drop school.  I said, "Great, I hope I never see you again." and shook his hand. 

Never saw him in class again, but the next time I saw him, I was flipping channels and happened upon Real World Las Vegas, and there he was, making out in a hot tub with Trishelle and another girl. 

funny putting "reality tv" and "greatness" in the same sentence.

i never watched real world, but we had a time period at ggw where we brought along some former cast members to help rowdy up our tour stops.  generally pretty cool guys and gals, and it was always entertaining watching college kids lose their entire shit over them.

later on, when i was running an energy drink tour, we had several models that later went on reality shows.  even though i watched neither, two of our girls won survivor and then the bachelor on back to back nights, probably back in 2011 or so.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

funny putting "reality tv" and "greatness" in the same sentence.

We're talking 2001 SWT.  Steven Hill was probably our most famous alum (*) in that period.

(* Didn't graduate, but you don't have to graduate from UT to join the Texas Exes; in fact, you don't even have to have attended UT.  So don't judge me. )

13 hours ago, spystud13 said:

There was someone on the other thread that made a joke about Biola University before the season even started, thought they were just trying to make a funny. Never realized it was an actual thing. What an amazing name. 

Cracks me up that they started with two Biola grads and two TxState grads.  They should have had them sharing rooms and filming it.  

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

that's the type of chick who ends up on bip and everyone's like who the f is that?

they should send some rando in and just have them claim he/she was an early exit from 2-3 seasons ago.  doubt anyone would know the difference.

11 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Unfortunately I knew this was Little Miss Dem’s last episode because I’d seen a spoiler earlier. We shall see if she reappears on another reality show soon. 

The other four he kicked out were the absolute perfect choices though. Sydney & Katie were fucking worthless. 

she'll definitely be on bip.

it's always the big gamble when you decide to go late night to pay a visit.  even the wife said, "she better be careful, she says the wrong thing, and she'll end up going home tonight."  that was pretty rough.

by the way, if you're playing the bachelor drinking game, the phrase "open up/opening up" would've sent you to the hospital last night.  not only did 3-4 different girls say it, but colton said it several times, and katie went home because she couldn't "open up" and she knew it.  what is colton's obsession with hearing about everybody's dark, traumatic past?  i've never seen it been this forced.  it's getting awkward.

the final four is still looking like cassie, hannah g + the 2 pageant girls.  never been kissed girl, kirpa, and lone black chick on the outside looking in.  although where is my 2-1 date?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

I was pretty indifferent on non-Bama Hannah until she rolled over in that black bikini. Yowza. 

What is the CliffsNotes on BiP? Equal # of both sexes? I’ll buy if midget blondie is in, but can’t imagine watching a season of 20 dudes & 1 chick without her. 

1. the move colton pulled in the shower didn't seem new to him.  which leads me to ask - if he's hooked up in a similar fashion in a shower before (presumably with no cameras rolling) are we to believe it didn't lead to any sexual interaction?  hmmm.

2. have you not watched bip before?  shiiiiit.  pretty much the only reason i watch bachelor/bachelorette is so i can figure out who these people are before they get to mexico.  that's why i typically don't pay much attention the last few weeks once the drama is over and things get "serious".

* to answer your question (if you have not watched bip) is that it starts about even dudes and chicks.  there will be a couple more on one side, and the other side starts out by giving out the roses (e.g. there will be 6 dudes giving out roses and picking out of 8 chicks).  then once it's evenly matched, the following week, they'll send in a couple of dudes, so that it's mismatched the other way.  they alternate weeks and send a few new people in every day or two.  if they're smart about it, they send the people in who are most likely to wreak havoc and cause chaos to the delicate ecosystem created in sayulita.

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

I’ve never seen a minute of any of these until this season. Little Miss Dem has been a long-time favorite of the Shag/Surl crowd, she drew some new followers. 

I’ll finish this one just because. 

ahh, gotcha.  mugshot thread?  i didn't know she had any overlap into our little hamlet.

we have had a group watch party here for years that has sort of dissolved as folks got married, had kids, etc, but now we still typically watch.  i can deal with it as long as i can pause and make jokes or drink and talk shit with other people around.

the bachelorette will be next, and it's not about whomever the chick is (although it's likely to be someone in the final 4 who doesn't win).  it's about the crew of dudes they bring in.  just like the chicks, there will be groups of friends, too much boozing, stupid drama, and emotional outbursts.

the reason bip is so great, is because they'll take a bunch of rejects from the most recent season of each, but they'll also pepper in some folks from the past 3-4 years (as well as some repeat offenders).  and whatever drama is forming now will carry over down there.  it's all day drinking, and basically a free for all that is totally non dependent on "date cards" even though they have them.  and at the end, there's no "winner".

this thread will be a lot more fun when that shit starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

I was pretty indifferent on non-Bama Hannah until she rolled over in that black bikini. Yowza. 

What is the CliffsNotes on BiP? Equal # of both sexes? I’ll buy if midget blondie is in, but can’t imagine watching a season of 20 dudes & 1 chick without her. 

I've liked Hannah G from pretty close to the beginning. She's smoke and less crazy than the the other Hannah from Bama. She got the first impression rose IIRC. I don't know the stats but it seems like in the half-dozen or so of these I've watched, the person that gets the first impression rose seems to have a higher percentage of being the winner than the others.

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

I’ve never seen a minute of any of these until this season. Little Miss Dem has been a long-time favorite of the Shag/Surl crowd, she drew some new followers. 

I’ll finish this one just because. 

Yeah, I got hooked by getting roped into BiP one summer watching with my wife. It's led me to the regular franchises, which are nearly as good but decent to bide time and learn some of the players when they come on. Last year's BiP was kind of lame, though, and the summer before got pretty much wiped away because of the scandal -- so it has come catching back up to do this summer.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

ahh, gotcha.  mugshot thread?  i didn't know she had any overlap into our little hamlet.

we have had a group watch party here for years that has sort of dissolved as folks got married, had kids, etc, but now we still typically watch.  i can deal with it as long as i can pause and make jokes or drink and talk shit with other people around.

the bachelorette will be next, and it's not about whomever the chick is (although it's likely to be someone in the final 4 who doesn't win).  it's about the crew of dudes they bring in.  just like the chicks, there will be groups of friends, too much boozing, stupid drama, and emotional outbursts.

the reason bip is so great, is because they'll take a bunch of rejects from the most recent season of each, but they'll also pepper in some folks from the past 3-4 years (as well as some repeat offenders).  and whatever drama is forming now will carry over down there.  it's all day drinking, and basically a free for all that is totally non dependent on "date cards" even though they have them.  and at the end, there's no "winner".

this thread will be a lot more fun when that shit starts.

Not that one.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the final four is still looking like cassie, hannah g + the 2 pageant girls.  never been kissed girl, kirpa, and lone black chick on the outside looking in.  although where is my 2-1 date?

You're better at this than I but I leaving this way as far as the Final 4:

* Hannah G

* Caelynn

* Cassie

* Tayshia (curveball here -- if not her, Hannah B)

I think Heather is the least-likely left on the show, just slightly behind Colton calling the whole thing off to announce he's dating his male athletic trainer.