Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise Catch-All

C-Man

33 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Did it look like in the previews that the aggy has some problems with the other guys in the house?  I hope that's the case.  There's nothing about that guy that fits the usual stereotype of "guy everybody hates".  He doesn't seem luke an overly aggressive Alpha like they usually are.  He's an aggy over the age of 21 so you know he's ready to get married.  So "there for the wrong reasons" doesn't seem to fit.  I guess he could be a devious back stabbing schemer, but he's an aggy and I doubt he possesses the mental faculties to be devious.  If he is "guy everyone hates", I'm thinking it's because these guys are getting their first taste of aggy.  

Dude is 30. (That might be the oldest on the show.) Maybe he's a closet case (NTTIAWWT).

4 hours ago, ajax said:

How's the trainwreck factor look? Is it worth watching?

tough to tell, but i'll say this - this is the youngest group (of guys or girls) that i can recall.

i get that hannah is what, 23-24?  that means most of the guys should be 26-32 (in my opinion).  seemed like over half of them were 24 on the nose.  gonna make for a great bip.

Second episode was last night. Some interesting events last night. Cam, who isn't picked to go on either group date or the 1-on-1, gets a bouquet of flowers and crashes the second group date. (Just to reset -- Cam is the dipshit aggy living in Austin who freestyles Goo/Derka-style.) Hannah is so fucking stupid she finds it charming. Meanwhile, at least two or three of the other bachelors come out to tell him he was out of line while he's talking on-camera to producers in the street. Also, Luke P -- the muscled-up dumb ass -- has already told Hannah, in front of the rest of the group daters mind you, that he's already falling in love with her. The other guys call him on the fact that they've been around each other for about 24 hours. (FF to the pre-rose ceremony cocktail party and he's giving her a massage and then she removes his shirt to repay the favor -- and dry-hump him -- and gets caught by the musician from Nashville, who already has a rose.) I'm coming to the conclusion that Hannah is a bi-polar simpleton -- about par-for-the-course considering her hometown is Tuscaloosa.

"ABC, Always Be Cam" count -- twice (I think)

"Roll Tide" count -- once (I think)

Okay, I watched the first episode. Sorry, I'm behind all y'all. It was a fucking beating trying to stay awake watching it.

The only time I paid attention was when Hannah authoritatively handled the douchebag with a girlfriend, and frankly that's the only time I found her attractive. I hope she retains that fire cuz the dudes are just a whole lot of blah.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:40 PM, ajax said:

Okay, I watched the first episode. Sorry, I'm behind all y'all. It was a fucking beating trying to stay awake watching it.

The only time I paid attention was when Hannah authoritatively handled the douchebag with a girlfriend, and frankly that's the only time I found her attractive. I hope she retains that fire cuz the dudes are just a whole lot of blah.

I think she's bi-polar. I actually think this group of guys seems pretty normal for this show. When Cam is the brewing villain, that should tell you something. I also wonder if this is the youngest average age -- bachelorette and all bachelors -- that they've ever had. Seems everybody is in the 23-25 range.

Ol' Cam -- the "Always Be Cam" aggy from Austin -- got the boot last night. Ironically, after not respecting any of the other guys he asked for them to let him grab her briefly before the tailgate party (no cocktail party) so he could discuss something serious with her, something he said might send him home immediately. Mike said, "Hell naw" and sometime after Cam's sob-story -- "I quit my job to come on this show, I had an illness and they were about to amputate my leg a couple of years ago, my grandma died, I had to re-house my pup" -- Mike goes and drops a nuclear bomb on him in a one-on-one with Hannah. He didn't exactly get the story straight -- and I kinda felt bad for Cam for one brief mili-second -- but he brought that shit upon hisself. Don't start no shit, won't be no shit and all. Hannah sent him on his merry way last night.

Other developments:

• Luke P remains a massive douche
  • Hannah wound up in the ER for some vague reason -- exhaustion/dehydration
  • The gang is off to Boston for the next week or two -- and there appears to be an ambulance ride after a rough-and-tumble rugby match
One last thing -- why is Hannah's nose always red? Does she have poor circulation. Wife pointed her "purple" hand during the tailgate party one-on-one.

95ea35622e0c1cd25bafee0f56812d2a.jpg

Only made it through ~20 minutes last night before other things came up.  Saw the part where they were doing the simulated labor part.  I told mrs. pied that seemed dumb and she said it was great.  Awesome for guys to experience that.  I told her it was exactly like that show Jack @$$ and she had no real comeback lol.  

13 minutes ago, pied said:

Only made it through ~20 minutes last night before other things came up.  Saw the part where they were doing the simulated labor part.  I told mrs. pied that seemed dumb and she said it was great.  Awesome for guys to experience that.  I told her it was exactly like that show Jack @$$ and she had no real comeback lol.  

My wife thought that part was hysterical, particularly when John Paul was going through it.

Pretty good recap of this week's episode: https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/the-bachelorette-recap-season-15-episode-3-week-three.html

i'm behind, that's why i've mostly stayed off this thread.

i liked hannah when she was a contestant.  i do not like her very much as the main target.  she wants everyone to be "real" but falls head over heels for dudes dropping cheesy lines and being typical douchebags.

i will power through so that i know who's who for bip.  also to see eventual aggy demise.

• Like 1

I think she's bi-polar. I actually think this group of guys seems pretty normal for this show. When Cam is the brewing villain, that should tell you something. I also wonder if this is the youngest average age -- bachelorette and all bachelors -- that they've ever had. Seems everybody is in the 23-25 range.

I wouldn’t even call Cam a villain. He’s just a pathetic loser who doesn’t really understand how to act around non-aggy.

I wonder if Texags ever takes time away from the misery of aggy sports failure to discuss these shows. If so, I bet they’re ABC too. Always backing Cam.

Here's what I don't get about Cam.  What's the big deal about his story?  Why would Hannah care?  He didn't indicate his illness was ongoing and it's pretty common for people that age to lose their grandparents, and the dog?  I love my dogs, but I mean wtf?  Plus they seemed to be some time ago.  

Lolz never watched one of these shows, but I grew up with Cam. Same schools/classes, played basketball with him and partied in HS in same group. Zero contact since HS. Tuned in to watch and was about like I expected. He went down doucheville road in HS and I had seen some things during college and after that suggested he went full dooshbag. Was not disappointed. Pretty much constantly full of himself, pissed a lot of people off.

That seems so weird that he would be full of himself. The guy is average in every way. Every other guy in that house is probably better looking than him (maybe females see something I’m missing). His job that he worked hard to get was software sales in Austin. Um, my step son got that same job without a ton of effort. No charisma. Cringey white guy rapping. No sense of humor that I could discern. Tried to do an impression of being bold, but was just disrespectful and desperate.

If you knew this guy in HS, you should really go back and watch the other episodes ( FF thru any non-Cam stuff). You won’t regret it and if you don’t like the guy, you’ll really enjoy it. He pretty much got abused on a weekly basis.

It’s the suburb effect. He was slightly funnier, taller, richer and more outgoing than most of the other kids so he was one of the big shots. As you near the end of high school a lot of that shit goes away and kids start to figure out a lot of it is just arrogance in a small pond as they move on to college and bigger things.

For him, he apparently doubled down on it. Always the loudest voice in the room.

Anyways - interesting to see some of this as I remember him all the way back from elementary and junior high.

A very competent computer person could probably find in the dark YouTube archives a video of him boxing in high school with a bunch of us watching in someone’s backyard. He gets hit once in the face squarely and spins around like a windmill. Hilarious

Reading your last paragraph, I though you were going to say Cam is a very competent computer person. Of course not. He’s the perfect aggy. No discernible skills to speak of. Unable to interact with non-aggy.

Honestly, he’s not very Aggy. I was surprised he went there.

3 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

That seems so weird that he would be full of himself. The guy is average in every way. Every other guy in that house is probably better looking than him (maybe females see something I’m missing). His job that he worked hard to get was software sales in Austin. Um, my step son got that same job without a ton of effort. No charisma. Cringey white guy rapping. No sense of humor that I could discern. Tried to do an impression of being bold, but was just disrespectful and desperate.

If you knew this guy in HS, you should really go back and watch the other episodes ( FF thru any non-Cam stuff). You won’t regret it and if you don’t like the guy, you’ll really enjoy it. He pretty much got abused on a weekly basis.

the key to surviving the first few weeks is the willingness to be a good sport and embarrass yourself in front of the chick/dude.  typically that's as far as that gets you.

needy/emotional guys getting drunk and imploding while stepping on toes and whining to the other dudes is fun to watch, but those are next to be weeded out, as it seems to be happening to luke p or whatever (i still have 45 min left to watch from monday).

every season, the obnoxious "front-runner" who gets an early rose and thinks the contest is theirs to lose invariably realizes that there are 15-20 other people trying to make a connection (many already have succeeded).  i'm glad hannah actually said something to luke addressing this, like look dude, i like you, but back off.

that said, she's the one who encouraged him to take his shirt off during the cocktail party, and she's the one who allowed him to come in during her post-rose interview (i've never seen that), so she should shoulder some/most of the blame for his shitty behavior.  i thought for sure he was going to try to get to her place while she was sick, and i was shocked he didn't stalk her all the way into her dressing room during the photo shoot.

you gotta let the game come to you.  when will people learn?  he's gonna be hilarious (with cam) on bip.

4 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

It's all about showing confidence. If you don't make an impression you are gone. Even if you come off in a negative light it's a good story and producers will encourage the lead to keep this person or that person around for the entertainment part. Not to mention that is the only way you get cast on BIP is if you make a name for yourself. It's all about getting a little fame and spinning that into Instagram followers and whatever juice you can squeeze out of the 15 minutes of fame. 

It's really stupid as 90% of the guys and girls that go on the show could give two shits about the lead and just want the PR for their career or Instagram following which of course gives them D level fame with stupid hot chicks who fall all over morons from the show. 

Then after being played they complain that they thought "this guy was different" It's actually comical how it's the same thing over and over again. 

It's kind of wild but in four of the last five Bachelorette seasons the guy who got the first impression rose in the season premiere has gone on to win. The one time it didn't happen, the guy finished second. The Bachelor does NOT usually turn out this way, which probably says quite a bit about the differences in men and women -- and how they approach this show. Just to refresh your memory, Cam got the first impression rose from the finale of The Bachelor (first time I'd seen this) and then she gave one to Luke P the night of her premiere.

finally caught up, upcoming scenes involving luke p look pretty good.  now that cam is out of the way, they'll direct all their hostilities towards that idiot.

in related news, caelynn is at my wife's work currently, and they're discussing bip.

dress to move, it's gonna be a mess.

33 minutes ago, zman13 said:

This season of bachelorette is so boring and the guys so bland that my wife is actually getting tired of the show. So that's good news. 

Next week for Luke's meltdown should be good.  After that, I'll start checking out.   I guess I should say I'll accelerate the checking out process that started with episode 2.  I know what I need to know for BIP, so I'm good.  

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Next week for Luke's meltdown should be good.  After that, I'll start checking out.   I guess I should say I'll accelerate the checking out process that started with episode 2.  I know what I need to know for BIP, so I'm good.  

yeah, once i know who everyone is, and things start getting "serious" or "romantic" then i check out.  we already fast forward all the 1-1 dates unless we're with a group.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so last night we finally watched the back half off last week's episode and then tues night's episode.

where to begin...

the luke vs luke drama was entertaining, yet predictable.  props to luke s for ditching this shit.  it's pretty clear that hannah has some soft spot for luke p (and others like him probably) and at that point, you gotta think, "you know what, i'm not interested in anyone who's interested in someone like that."  if she chose luke p over him at the end, it would've been a nightmare for him.  although they took away a rose, so maybe they were planning on keeping them both and hashing it out next week in the 2-1 showdown?  was weird that they took a rose.

then she takes luke p on a 1-1 date which he, of course, is excited about because he's a moron.  the wife was like, "yeah, she probably wanted a drama-free group date, then wanted to sit him down for answers" which is exactly why she did it.  then during the 1-1 she basically asks him to say anything honest, and he torpedos in magnificent fashion.  bravo, sir.  is it that hard to say, "you know what, i'm just being myself, and i think it rubs some people the wrong way, but i'm here for you, and i don't really care if i'm not the house favorite, you're all i care about.  i know i get intense, but it's only because i see a future here"?

she would've eaten that up because she's a fucking idiot.  i bet her line of past boyfriends is horrifying and includes at least a couple luke p's.  but instead, he says, "well, i don't get it.  every other time in my life, everyone has always loved me."  hilarious.  hannah gave him every opportunity to save his own dumb ass, and he whiffed.  so far she has been a miserable judge of character.  the fact that she brought them both in a room to talk to each other, then leaves after 3 minutes, just made it obvious they were both stained and gonzo.

there are a few clear front-runners.  tyler, the pilot guy, the nashville guy (jed?), and the dude with the crazy hair.  mike maybe rounds out the top 5.  it's funny how hard they all bonded together against luke p.  gonna make for some good bip drama - since most of this crew will be down there.  same could've been said for the season with chad, if he hadn't threatened people and lost his shit on like day 1.

I think Garrett the golfer wins it.

Last night was brutal to watch.  Luke P almost seems like he is acting for the cameras.  He's really dumb and offers absolutely nothing.  Hannah gave him numerous chances to offer up something of substance and failed each time.  He reminds me a bit of the Shermanator from the American Pie franchise.  

It is also painful to hear Hannah add multiple syllables  and letters to words like now, hello, know and how.  

5 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Last night was brutal to watch.  Luke P almost seems like he is acting for the cameras.  He's really dumb and offers absolutely nothing.  Hannah gave him numerous chances to offer up something of substance and failed each time.  He reminds me a bit of the Shermanator from the American Pie franchise.  

It is also painful to hear Hannah add multiple syllables  and letters to words like now, hello, know and how.  

Well you will sure enjoy the rest of the season then. 

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

and at that point, you gotta think, "you know what, i'm not interested in anyone who's interested in someone like that."

This is a big part of why the Bachelorette concept has never worked for me, but the Bachelor does. 

That's something guys say. 

Women would think, "Why is he interested in someone like her, when he could be interested in me?" and fight even harder to get the guy.  

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is a big part of why the Bachelorette concept has never worked for me, but the Bachelor does. 

That's something guys say. 

Women would think, "Why is he interested in someone like her, when he could be interested in me?" and fight even harder to get the guy.  

great point.

i stopped hooking up with a girl forever ago because i heard she had previously hooked up with a dude who i just thought was terrible.

i would like to say that's something young hg would do, but if i was single i think i would probably still do that.

mostly i enjoy the early weeks of the bachelorette, because of dude drama, but it gets old right about now most seasons.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i stopped hooking up with a girl forever ago because i heard she had previously hooked up with a dude who i just thought was terrible.

I would guess that over 50+% of guys who get around could say something like this.  

"Hell, Lumberg fucked her!"

The percentage of women who do this is in the single digits.  

The Jake sideshow was a little interesting but now that’s done and I have hardly any clue who anyone else is. I’m not trying to be a prude, but not sure I’ve seen anyone attack three guys(or girls for that matter) in the course of that short a time even on bip. 

She jumped on and straddled one dude, got busy on a pool table and then threw another onto the bed. Always seems a little weird when they make out with multiple people in a night but she just next-leveled it. 

Want to thank whoever asked why her nose is red. I can’t unsee that. She truly seems to be a not smart person. 

Edited by pied

4 hours ago, pied said:

The Jake sideshow was a little interesting but now that’s done and I have hardly any clue who anyone else is. I’m not trying to be a prude, but not sure I’ve seen anyone attack three guys(or girls for that matter) in the course of that short a time even on bip. 

oh, even in the context of "bachelor nation", she's a next level hussy.

that's what got her in trouble initially with luke p - and why he acted like a psycho afterwards.