Oklahoma woman shoots Deputy and bystander with Deputy's rifle while in the backseat of cruiser.

T-shirt Sip

SIAP. Someone's in trouble and probably getting sued. Both shooting victims survive. Woman surrenders without further incident.  She's as ugly and methy as you would expect someone from Oklahoma to be. Video from inside the vehicle and the deputy's cam are in the link. 

Oklahoma woman slips out of cuffs, shoots man and deputy from back of police cruiser, video shows (msn.com)

Spoiler

Oklahoma authorities have released wild dash and bodycam video that shows a handcuffed woman retrieving a police rifle and firing it out of the back of a patrol car – striking a civilian and a deputy.95%

The Grady County Sheriff’s Office responded to a wellness check at a home in Blanchard just before noon on Aug. 12. Deputies took a woman into custody, placed her in handcuffs and into the back of a marked SUV.

Video taken inside the vehicle shows her squirming in the backseat, slipping one hand out of her cuffs and fishing out the rifle.

She loads it, aims out the window and begins firing.

Officers’ bodycams recorded the civilian getting shot in the chest. A deputy also suffered a minor injury when a bullet grazed his head, according to authorities. The victims scrambled to take cover behind another law enforcement vehicle as they called in the incident. 

The wounded man’s son was also nearby and is seen running over and assisting with first aid as officers call for backup and an ambulance.

Both victims were hospitalized with injuries that were not considered life-threatening, according to authorities.

Police initially described the encounter as a barricade situation and eventually the suspect, Rachael Zion Clay, surrendered to authorities.

Jail records show she is being held at the Grady County jail on $1 million bond and a charge of shooting with intent to kill.

• Haha 1

It's weird how the focus is on the woman, when the cop fucked up badly to leave a fucking rifle and a mag in the back seat with a detained person. I mean, yeah, she's a danger to herself and others but that's why the cops arrested her lol. Prolly not a good idea to give her a gun after cuffing her

I agree. A huge spotlight should be on the deputy. I wonder if its a department policy to leave a loaded rifle in with detainees or if he fucked up. Either way I expect the bystander to sue the department. The taxpayers take the hit and the deputy will still have a job. 

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

It's weird how the focus is on the woman, when the cop fucked up badly to leave a fucking rifle and a mag in the back seat with a detained person. I mean, yeah, she's a danger to herself and others but that's why the cops arrested her lol. Prolly not a good idea to give her a gun after cuffing her

4 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

I agree. A huge spotlight should be on the deputy. I wonder if its a department policy to leave a loaded rifle in with detainees or if he fucked up. Either way I expect the bystander to sue the department. The taxpayers take the hit and the deputy will still have a job. 

Dayum, I couldn't get the video to load.  When I read the article I just assumed that the rifle was in the front seat in a lock down rack.  People need to be fired over that stupidity.