Texas opens as a 14 point favorite v UTSA

TexasMan

22 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Are they better or worse than the teams the Aggies played the first two weeks? Because they couldn’t run the ball against either of the first two 

Well Miami had QB pressures on 23/27 pass attempts from Southern Miss.  I'm betting they mangle to the aggy OL.  Last time Kevin Steele rolled into BCS as a DC for a team he shut them down.

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Well Miami had QB pressures on 23/27 pass attempts from Southern Miss.  I'm betting they mangle to the aggy OL.  Last time Kevin Steele rolled into BCS as a DC for a team he shut them down.

Also, Miami did that without Mesidor who is their best defensive lineman and should be back against aggy. 

Miami probably is overrated but they're also better than App State. 

I don't think this is the game to break in a new QB that had such a high sack rate at LSU. Miami generated 23 pressures in 27 passing attempts against Southern Miss without their best defensive lineman. 

I kind of hope they do start Max Johnson and he's sacked all night. That will really deflate their confidence knowing that neither QB are viable options. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

28 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Yea the line went down to 11 after Sark's presser. That's still a lot of faith in Charles Wright. 

I'm just glad Utsa is coming off of a physical game vs Army.  Hope Texas jumps out on the Roadrunners with a couple early scores.

A lot of fight in Utsa -- they were down vs Army 28-14 on the road and came back to win.

On 9/12/2022 at 11:47 PM, Hermanator said:

It's going to be a tough game with no QB1 unless Wright ends up being right

On 9/13/2022 at 7:40 AM, thrillhammer said:

we may have no bijan either.  not going to be an easy game.

I'm ready for this to be a tough one, don't care about optics. Just win. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Charles-Wright-46051054/high-school-210877/

Adequate size for the QB position, especially in today's game. Good production against Texas 6A competition. Flashes impressive accuracy and touch on deep throws outside the numbers, as well as red-zone throws to the end zone. Shows a knack for making off-schedule plays. Varies arm angle pretty well when needed. Not a home run hitter as a runner, but athletic enough to extend plays and hit the occasional designed run. Fairly smooth, consistent release. Can tighten delivery and quicken release a bit. Often throws with upper body alone and can more consistently uses his legs to help velocity and throw power. Projects to the Power Five level in a very deep 2021 QB class in Texas.

Let's just see.

Gives me hope that he’s got a good chance of managing the game and not being a liability.  Make a few throws and let Rochon and Robinson eat. 

As far as keys to the game feels like secondary to Wright’s performance is the Texas D line exploiting SAs OL weaknesses.