2022-23 PGA Tour season

Wally Fairway

8 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Glover chips in on the 1st to get to -11, 2 strokes ahead of Jordan and the rest of the pack that's charging along at -9. Sure looks like you'd better card no worse than a 67 today if you don't want to get left behind.

Yeah if you aren't at least 2 under on the front you're losing ground. 

44 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

What's uglier: Hovland's double bogey on 18 or the ridiculous logo patches on his shirt? Viktor, you won the Memorial this year. You shouldn't have 6" iron ons for sponsors on your polo. Tell 'em you want embroidered shit on your kit.

he's asked but you know...supply chain issues from China.

At first glance this leaderboard isn't all that captivating but Glover and Moore aren't exactly locks to fire 68 or 69 tomorrow. My gut tells me -17 wins this but I wouldn't be shocked if -15 gets into a playoff. Anyone at -7 seems too far back.

Spieth and Homa very much in the mix. Rory, Cantlay, Hovland would need an unreal Sunday. 

Looking at the guys that are -8 or worse I'm calling it that no one that isn't at least -9 has a shot and I'd bet a lot of money it's someone -11 or better.

Edited by ztejas

This tourney feels like everyone is just wiped out from slogging through the heat & humidity all week. It looked earlier today with guys shooting at pins & dropping putts that the field was going to reel in Glover. But it's like everyone's hit the wall, the putts aren't falling, and Glover is just Steady Eddie-ing his way around the course.

Holding out some fireworks on the back 9.

OK, if Glover can pipe his drive after his right foot slipped 8" on his follow through it just might be his week (again). 

And if Jordan's birdie putt misses by one long blade of grass on the edge of the cup it just might not be his week (again).

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
How'd that stay out?