2022-23 PGA Tour season

Wally Fairway

Ryder Cup competition heating up 🔥🔥🔥

"US team for golf's Ryder Cup could be loaded, and some stars could be left out"

https://www.newsday.com/sports/golf/column-us-ryder-cup-team-could-be-loaded-and-some-stars-could-be-squeezed-out-of-going-to-rome-szel53ge

The leading six in the Ryder Cup standings going into the Rocket Mortgage Classic are: Scottie Scheffler, Clark, Koepka, Xander Schauffele, Patrick Cantlay and Homa.

Next in line are Bradley, Spieth, Young, Burns, Thomas and Morikawa.  

Still to be determined? Plenty.  The resurgent Rickie Fowler and Tony Finau, who has played on the last four U.S. teams and has two wins this season, are part of the conversation.

Dustin Johnson is probably too far back that even a claret jug won't allow him to qualify, but he will be hard to ignore if he were to win the final major of the year.

3 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I don’t think it was a new coach, but maybe. They mentioned it last week and he had said something about finding a little tick or something that made a big difference in something. 

He had Lyme disease?

10 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

JT may need to do that too, else Bones is gonna go back to TV. 😂

I love JT but dude has suuuucked this season. 

The Rickiessance continues. 

Part of what makes the Tour great is that you can be a big name, drop off the face of the earth for years, and then come back and start winning again. Granted Rickie hasn't bagged one yet this season - but Keegan has a couple. 

• 2 weeks later...

Proud of Bob MacIntyre’s efforts on his home turf today, in Scotland, but Rory had an amazing finish to beat him by one. Bob went to my alma mater - McNeese (Lake Charles, LA).

It’s amazing how these Europeans find a small home in the states for college golf. I remember when I was in HS, that Colin Montgomery played college golf at Houston Baptist of all places.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

Unreal comeback on the back 9 by Rory. Wins #24 which ties him with Player and DJ. No one younger than Phil has 25.

Rory also has now won the US, British, Canadian, Scottish and Irish opens. I'm guessing no one else has done that. 

Also - Scottie with another ho-hum tie for 3rd at a big event. He's decent.

Edited by ztejas

So - yeah - he's the first guy to have won the Irish, Scottish and British. He's also won the Aussie and Hong Kong opens (for whatever those are worth).

If there's an open championship on Mars the Martians better watch out. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Unreal comeback on the back 9 by Rory. Wins #24 which ties him with Player and DJ. No one younger than Phil has 25.

Rory also has now won the US, British, Canadian, Scottish and Irish opens. I'm guessing no one else has done that. 

So who is better:  DJ or Rory  🤔

Rory has had a much better career than DJ. Koepka is the only guy of this "generation" who has an argument over him with the 5 majors now. Granted Rory has 3 legs of the slam vs. 2 plus a players plus 3 tour championships (and one of those he ran down Koepka to win playing in the final pairing with him) plus 4 strokes titles plus 15 more wins on tour. I don't think an extra PGA championship outweighs all of that but some people rank guys strictly on major wins.

I'd put DJ 4th behind Spieth.

Edited by ztejas