2022-23 PGA Tour season

Wally Fairway

6 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

WTF crawled up JT's ass lately? Bones has to be questioning getting back on the bag at this point.

Sucks, kinda like the guy, but damn he is just off lately and not doing himself any favors.

It’s called golf. He’s trying to be too perfect, something he’s not. 

16 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

WTF crawled up JT's ass lately? Bones has to be questioning getting back on the bag at this point.

Sucks, kinda like the guy, but damn he is just off lately and not doing himself any favors.

It is called a slump - sometimes they are short, sometimes they are intermittent (see Spiethcoaster), sometimes they can go on for years (see R. Fowler), and sometimes people never recover (David Duval comes to mind). IMO JT will figure "it" out & if not there is some kid who will take that spot in the top 10 and we will never notice the difference.

I think the real question is does he get picked to go to Italy as part of the Ryder Cup team; IMO if he isn't at the top of his game then he should come down with an ailment or injury and recuse himself from selection. He has too many friends, on the team, who will pull for him and it can cause friction if he isn't picked and they were pulling for him OR if they get there and his struggles continue. The Ryder Cup point system isn't a perfect way to select a team, as a perfect example Will Zalatoris is currently ranked no 17 and he hasn't played since January.

• Hook 'Em 2

I agree it’s obviously a slump, and they hit whenever, but just seems something went off the rails almost overnight.

Funny you bring up Duval. I missed watching him. It was nice to see him come back to the game, even if it wasn’t until he was eligible for the senior tour.

Hasn’t been a smash return, but good to see. 

Just missed a spot in FedExCup Playoffs...

After hours of uncertainty, the ending was anticlimactic: It didn't happen. The players remaining on the course didn't miss what they needed to miss, and he stayed right there in 71st place, one spot to the bad after finishing the tournament in a tie for 12th with a closing 68 leaving him one shot short. But to JT, we issue the following statement: The golf fans of America invite you to come back to the bubble any old time you want.

46 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

That pitch hitting the stick and ending up 6” away was entertaining.

Shame he missed it, but shit happens. Sometimes you’re the club, and sometimes you’re the ball.

and you know that Phil would have had the pin out or tended, because FIGJAM gonna FIGJAM

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

If my math is right Phil basically “only” lost the juice at -110.

That was my takeaway from the story, too.  Effectively, he performed pretty much exactly how any average sports bettor would perform over time and predictably ended up dumping 10% of his bets to the house for the privilege.

Edited by Lurch
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Lurch said:

That was my takeaway from the story, too.  Effectively, he performed pretty much exactly how any average sports bettor would perform over time and predictably ended up dumping 10% of his bets to the house for the privilege.

He was probably much worse than that on his own picks because the picks he got from Walters were probably significantly better than 50%

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

He was probably much worse than that on his own picks because the picks he got from Walters were probably significantly better than 50%

16 minutes ago, Lurch said:

And yep that’s just through walters. Who knows how he did on his own or while gambling on the course.  

I figured he was far worse than 50% if he lost that much 

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Jordan's last several seasons in a nutshell. One stroke off the lead, 2nd shot from the fairway on a par 5 and he goes out of his way to bring trouble into play with nothing to gain. Washes his ball. 

Such a ridiculous decision right there. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Rory tee to green is on another planet right now and then he gets up there and can't make a 5 foot putt. 

Look at this ridiculousness. He's fucking +3.23 SG on just his approach through 11 holes.

Just 2 under on the day because he's -1.52 putting (which isn't that terrible, really).

Screenshot_20230811_150522_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b655675ae204a244f354d23286149b45.jpg

Great website btw www.datagolf.com

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Lol they're going over Spieth's round on the Scottie/Rory group and one of them goes "He's looking like a dangerous man right now".

As in... danger to himself? To his caddy? His fellow competitors?

Help me out here. 

He's one shot off the lead. What's the confusion?