2022-23 PGA Tour season

Wally Fairway

I can't really get into the next couple of events - RBC, Zurich (partner/buddy event), Mexico Open. Not elevated status, coming off a fairly boring last day in Augusta, with little to no drama, Brooks never put pressure on Rahm, Phil (& Jordan) didn't get much screen time and by the time they got low they had run out of holes.

Just one of the least interesting Masters I can remember, no fireworks, only 1 lead change and that was fairly early, no huge numbers, no eagles of significance....too much announcers blathering on.

I'll catch back up when they play Wells Fargo for $20 mil purse then Byron to warm up and off to Oak Hill for the PGA

4 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I can't really get into the next couple of events - RBC, Zurich (partner/buddy event), Mexico Open. Not elevated status, coming off a fairly boring last day in Augusta, with little to no drama, Brooks never put pressure on Rahm, Phil (& Jordan) didn't get much screen time and by the time they got low they had run out of holes.

Just one of the least interesting Masters I can remember, no fireworks, only 1 lead change and that was fairly early, no huge numbers, no eagles of significance....too much announcers blathering on.

I'll catch back up when they play Wells Fargo for $20 mil purse then Byron to warm up and off to Oak Hill for the PGA

Fyi: Lefty/Spieth pairing were on Masters.com and ESPN+ for all 18 holes in Rd 4.

Great watch !!!

4 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

RBC is a designated event with a big purse. 

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Rory did withdraw today, which is a bit worrisome. 

I like him WDing better than playing. He needs it. 

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

RBC is a designated event with a big purse. 

Don't know how I missed that, but IMO it is pretty shitty from a players perspective - having to play the week after a major. That has traditionally been a week many players would take a down week, but I know the Tour is trying to reengineer the schedule and coerce everyone to play in elevated events. 

14 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Would agree but he’s already skipped his designated event for the year. He’s probably just mentally fried. 

I get he's supposed to be the role model for the PGA or whatever but he doesn't need more tour wins or money. I think he's earned the right to be a bit more selfish when it comes to chasing his remaining career goals. 

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Don't know how I missed that, but IMO it is pretty shitty from a players perspective - having to play the week after a major. That has traditionally been a week many players would take a down week, but I know the Tour is trying to reengineer the schedule and coerce everyone to play in elevated events. 

Probably why no one played in SA. 

Idk. Idk what the Tour or LIV is doing. It seems like everything is just getting overcomplicated. 

• Hook 'Em 1