Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Right, but he’s immune to meaningful political damage.  That’s winning in Trump’s book. 

He's historically unpopular, he isn't expanding his electorate, and he's the underdog in his own re-election campaign. You won't know if he's immune to political damage until after the election.

• Like 1

Do y'all not understand what was occuring on the floor?  She had 35 moderates who were going to vote with the GOP on the motion to recommit, no matter what. The Majority party was going to fucking LOSE a major floor vote.  Moreover, another pile of dems probably would have switched their votes once it became clear what was going to happen. 
In the house, losing a high profile vote when you are in the majority is an absolute no-no. It's incredibly destructive to the moral of the majority and leads to open in fighting.  Like fistfights in the cloak room type stuff. It emboldens the minority.  The majority then has to respond by tightly restricting the rules of floor behaviour and taking away the autonomy of the individual members.  She DOES not want to do this.  This is how the GOP maintained control for years.  The members fucking hate it.  On both sides.  And if she did nothing, and refused to vote, you've got dead bodies on the news while McConnell gloats that he's passed a bill and is ready to help, it's SPeaker Pelosi's fault.   The truth is, there was NOT 218 votes for the the Majority bill.  It was a minoirty position.  I know that sucks if you are sympathetic to that view, but that's the reality.

I am not arguing with anything you point out here.

Pelosi absolutely made the correct call to pass the Senate version in front of the holiday and avoid McConnell’s potential gloating.

My point is she lost well in advance when the House didn’t get their funding version passed first. McConnell outflanked her on the timeline when the Senate moved the bipartisan bill to passage.

I believe I recall past times when former Speaker Ryan passed bullshit legislation in the House and then adjourned the House. Then he basically told the Senate to pass the House version or to go to Fuck themselves. Maybe that didn’t happen and my memory is poor, but it is what I recall.

1 minute ago, swraith said:

Pelosi absolutely made the correct call to pass the Senate version in front of the holiday and avoid McConnell’s potential gloating.

My point is she lost well in advance when the House didn’t get their funding version passed first. McConnell outflanked her on the timeline when the Senate moved the bipartisan bill to passage.

I believe I recall past times when former Speaker Ryan passed bullshit legislation in the House and then adjourned the House. Then he basically told the Senate to pass the House version or to go to Fuck themselves. Maybe that didn’t happen and my memory is poor, but it is what I recall.

Chuck Shumer and the Democrats did Nancy Pelosi no favors. 

That sucks.

13 minutes ago, swraith said:

That is absurd. Maybe you should try updating her Wikipedia page with that phrase.

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

If there's one thing zork knows, it's absurdity.

What is absurd about it?  Did the House of Representatives just vote to fund the concentration camps or not?  Isn't Pelosi in charge of bringing that vote to the floor?  Ergo...

Edited by zork
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, zork said:

What is absurd about it?  Did the House of Representatives just vote to fund the concentration camps or not?  Isn't Pelosi in charge of bringing that vote to the floor?  Ergo...

Who created them you fucking idiot?

Fox News says they are not concentration camps. Ergo the statement about Pelosi is false and absurd.

Just now, David Dennison said:

What does the bill say?

We the NAZI House of Representatives hereby fund the US concentration camps of the poor people who want to enter the country and get their $75K of US taxpayer funding per person for their first 5 years after they pass vetting and processing in said concentration camps.  Or something like that.

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Who created them you fucking idiot?

Who is funding them you stupid cunt?(or had the choice to refuse)

4 minutes ago, swraith said:

Fox News says they are not concentration camps. Ergo the statement about Pelosi is false and absurd.

Who pays attention to Fox News?  Certainly few on this board and not myself.  Pelosi brought the bill to the floor as mentioned above.  It was her choice to do so.

2 minutes ago, zork said:

We the NAZI House of Representatives hereby fund the US concentration camps of the poor people who want to enter the country and get their $75K of US taxpayer funding per person for their first 5 years after they pass vetting and processing in said concentration camps.  Or something like that.

Who is funding them you stupid cunt?(or had the choice to refuse)

Who pays attention to Fox News?  Certainly few on this board and not myself.  Pelosi brought the bill to the floor as mentioned above.  It was her choice to do so.

So you have no idea.

Cool.

2 hours ago, swraith said:

I agree with this, mostly.  I’m not sure the optics of this situation after that father and daughter pic would have allowed this approach.  

The Senate Dems did her zero favors.  Schumer could have filibustered the bill and tried to help her out.

The following is not a defense of Schumer.

Who is an alternative Minority Leader at this time?

Will Schumer be ineffective as a potential Majority Leader if the Democrats retake the Senate at some point with only a slim margin?

7 minutes ago, swraith said:

The following is not a defense of Schumer.

Who is an alternative Minority Leader at this time?

Will Schumer be ineffective as a potential Majority Leader if the Democrats retake the Senate at some point with only a slim margin?

The only other person I can think of is Dick Durbin, his whip.

Just now, David Dennison said:

God couldn't beat Nancy Pelosi in that district.

That's what everyone said about Joe Crowley and he lost to someone that actually gives a fuck. Let Pelosi keep refusing to impeach Trump and keep taking it up the ass from McConnell and see what happens. Pelosi is worse than worthless and this is political malpractice. 

1 minute ago, suddenly shaggy said:

That's what everyone said about Joe Crowley and he lost to someone that actually gives a fuck. Let Pelosi keep refusing to impeach Trump and keep taking it up the ass from McConnell and see what happens. Pelosi is worse than worthless and this is political malpractice. 

You're comparing Nancy Pelosi to Joe Crowley?

LOL

36 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You're comparing Nancy Pelosi to Joe Crowley?

LOL

I'm comparing their districts and you vastly underestimate how angry Democrats will be over this decision. 

Pelosi is failing miserably. She cares more about keeping HER power than she does anything else. All she had to do was the exact same thing McConnell did, don't bring it up for a vote. Tell the Senate to pass the House bill and go on a media blitz. It's a winning issue and she caved, just like she always does. 

Regarding the dissenting moderates, if they can't stand up to the GOP and Trump putting kids in concentration camps under barbaric conditions, they deserve to lose and they will anyway because they are fucking cowards. Any competent campaign should have a field day making ads of the Trump lawyer defending not giving kids toothbrushes and soap, while making them sleep on concrete floors with a mylar blanket. It's a fucking layup and the Democrats are acting like a vintage Rick Barnes team, scared and bouncing it off the rim. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, suddenly shaggy said:

I'm comparing their districts and you vastly underestimate how angry Democrats will be over this decision. 

Pelosi is failing miserably. She cares more about keeping HER power than she does anything else. All she had to do was the exact same thing McConnell did, don't bring it up for a vote. Tell the Senate to pass the House bill and go on a media blitz. It's a winning issue and she caved, just like she always does. 

Regarding the dissenting moderates, if they can't stand up to the GOP and Trump putting kids in concentration camps under barbaric conditions, they deserve to lose and they will anyway because they are fucking cowards. Any competent campaign should have a field day making ads of the Trump lawyer defending not giving kids toothbrushes and soap, while making them sleep on concrete floors with a mylar blanket. It's a fucking layup and the Democrats are acting like a vintage Rick Barnes team, scared and bouncing it off the rim. 

You do realize most Democrats in the House voted for the Senate bill, right?

8 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

GTFO with this logic, AOC, Talib, Omar aren't causing people to suddenly prefer voting for Republicans now. Where are you even getting this data? Are you even paying attention to how so many people under 50 are trying to push the party left? Who is the biggest group of voters for this upcoming election?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/05/29/gen-z-millennials-and-gen-x-outvoted-older-generations-in-2018-midterms/

I may not like it, but it's absolutely the right call for the Democrats to get some far left agenda pushed with the complete shitshow that is the right currently.  No need to cater to the middle as much as I would like it.  But I do think there is a small chance that could risk this orange tub of shit winning again, especially if the economy is humming.  

Pelosi had no choice. Schumer had no choice. They ran with the "Manufactured Crisis" narrative during the shutdown and the months that followed. They played politics and they got caught.

Even after Border Patrol Agents who came to Washington and told them what was happening they still denied.

Now that they had no option but to walk that Manufactured Crisis shit back because of the real and undeniable evidence of a crisis at the border they had to fund the efforts to do something about it. Even now while people are suffering the far left faction of the Democrat party are still playing politics. Crying because they weren't allowed to tack on partisan riders to a non-partisan Senate bill that is meant to help our Border Patrol Agents help these people that the Dems claim to care about.

The American people see through this shit. Apparently the Senate Dems also saw through it as well. If the House Dems didn't fall in line those new House Dems, that won new seats from purple districts and gave them the Dems the majority, would be thrown out on their asses come 2020.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You should learn when and when not to use capital letters

Yea, probably right about that. Grammar was never my strong suit.

Any thoughts on the content of the post or is ad hominem attacks all you got?

• Like 2

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I have plenty of thoughts but I’m not going to argue with someone who consistently displays they are uninformed, unintelligent, and uninterested in listening to others.

Good enough for me . Why even bother to respond at all? 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Crusher said:

Pelosi had no choice. Schumer had no choice. They ran with the "Manufactured Crisis" narrative during the shutdown and the months that followed. They played politics and they got caught.

Even after Border Patrol Agents who came to Washington and told them what was happening they still denied.

Now that they had no option but to walk that Manufactured Crisis shit back because of the real and undeniable evidence of a crisis at the border they had to fund the efforts to do something about it. Even now while people are suffering the far left faction of the Democrat party are still playing politics. Crying because they weren't allowed to tack on partisan riders to a non-partisan Senate bill that is meant to help our Border Patrol Agents help these people that the Dems claim to care about.

The American people see through this shit. Apparently the Senate Dems also saw through it as well. If the House Dems didn't fall in line those new House Dems, that won new seats from purple districts and gave them the Dems the majority, would be thrown out on their asses come 2020.

It's terrible to thing about what happened yesterday in Sweden.   Sweden!

23 hours ago, David Dennison said:

So we shouldn't have appropriated any funds?

Correct.   

Pelosi screwed the pooch on this one.  No bill should have been brought up for a vote without explicit protections for the migrant children. Period.

No lead is too great for the Dems to squander the win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Correct.   

Pelosi screwed the pooch on this one.  No bill should have been brought up for a vote without explicit protections for the migrant children. Period.

No lead is too great for the Dems to squander the win.

That bill would have been defeated.

16 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

That bill had already passed the House. McConnell refused to bring it up for a vote and forced Pelosi to cave instead. 

https://www.apnews.com/1da70ca1789149a5a2aaf49a869c985c

Right. And then the Senate passed its amended version 84-8, meaning the House had to agree to that version, pass another bill, or put up no bill at all. A new House bill would have failed if Pelosi had brought it to the floor for a vote. The amended version passed the House with a large majority of Democratic votes.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/3401

Edited by David Dennison

Just now, suddenly shaggy said:

That's on Schumer. Both Schumer and Pelosi need to be replaced with people that can actually lead. 

Senate Democrats and Chuck Schumer did Nancy Pelosi no favors. But she had no choice but to pass that bill. She was boxed in by members of her own party. And that sucks.

Democrats can change leaders whenever they want. If you feel that they should, you need to tell them that. And then vote against them in the next election if you aren't satisfied with the result.

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Senate Democrats and Chuck Schumer did Nancy Pelosi no favors. But she had no choice but to pass that bill. She was boxed in by members of her own party. And that sucks.

There is always a choice.  The Mitch McConnell out front shoulda told you.

She's weak and not doing the image of female leaders as weak any favors.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

That bill would have been defeated.

So what if it was?

The Dems had public opinion on their side.  The GOP would have rightfully taken the blame.  Now the Dems have lost their cover because they are just as guilty as the Pubs.

It's bullshit, and an invite for the GOP to keep playing hardball knowing the Dems will cave...again, and again, and again.

Theye need leaders like Warren and AOC who give zero fucks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So what if it was?

The Dems had public opinion on their side.  The GOP would have rightfully taken the blame.  Now the Dems have lost their cover because they are just as guilty as the Pubs.

It's bullshit, and an invite for the GOP to keep playing hardball knowing the Dems will cave...again, and again, and again.

Theye need leaders like Warren and AOC who give zero fucks.

How do you know Democrats had public opinion on their side?