Texas Recruiting Notes 2026: NIL Deals for flying cars

texifornia

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Spoiler

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage four-star quarterback Dia Bell has already established himself as one of the top rising juniors in the country. Bell, who visited around 10 schools this spring, may be coming off the board sooner than later. 

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound signal-caller is considering a commitment this summer, including at the end of June or the beginning of July. His finalists are already beginning to take shape. 

“I feel like there are a couple schools that are already pretty strong,” Bell told On3. “I feel like there are a couple of schools that have solidified themselves pretty well. Then, there are some schools that I have to keep building the relationship with and see where that takes me with them.” 

Ahead of revealing his college destination, Bell believes that he will release a list of his top schools. The No. 1 player in Florida is excited to continue connecting with multiple programs, and already knows what matters to him in a school. 

“The history and putting guys into the league in the past gives a school a head start on a lot of the programs that haven’t sent guys to the NFL,” said Bell, the No. 12 overall prospect in the 2026 On3 Industry Ranking. “The culture around the program, the offense and the fit for me matter too. Those are probably the three big things.” 

One of the schools to host Bell this spring was Texas. The No. 2 quarterback in the 2026 On300 left Austin on April 19 with an offer from the Longhorns. 

Bell is returning to Texas on June 1 for another unofficial visit. He is looking forward to being back on The Forty Acres. 

“I had never been to one of their practices, so it was good to learn how coach A.J. Milwee and coach Steve Sarkisian like to coach their quarterbacks,” Bell said. “… I feel like that camp is going to help because I’m going to be able to see firsthand how coach Milwee likes to coach because he’ll be coaching me during it. I feel like that will be a good thing for me.” 

Texas is not the only top program that is working hard to land Bell. Some of the other schools heavily pursuing the four-star include LSU, Miami, Ohio State and Penn State. 

There is still a long time remaining in Bell’s recruitment. Yet he is looking forward to finding his college football home in the coming weeks. 

“I feel like there’s a group of schools that I have better relationships with because I’ve known them for much longer periods of time,” Bell said. “I make sure to stay in contact with those schools. The longer I’ve known them, probably the better my relationship with them has been. That has helped shape what my decision is going to look like.”

• Hook 'Em 4

I'm always suspect about these "offers". Pretty sure they're just "offered" a place to show up so they can get a look at them. These "offers" these kids put up really need to stop and just be honest that it's just the school affering them a chance to see them. 

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm always suspect about these "offers". Pretty sure they're just "offered" a place to show up so they can get a look at them. These "offers" these kids put up really need to stop and just be honest that it's just the school affering them a chance to see them. 

The offer now days is just an official notice that they're interested.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage four-star quarterback Dia Bell has already established himself as one of the top rising juniors in the country. Bell, who visited around 10 schools this spring, may be coming off the board sooner than later. 
The 6-foot-3, 190-pound signal-caller is considering a commitment this summer, including at the end of June or the beginning of July. His finalists are already beginning to take shape. 
“I feel like there are a couple schools that are already pretty strong,” Bell told On3. “I feel like there are a couple of schools that have solidified themselves pretty well. Then, there are some schools that I have to keep building the relationship with and see where that takes me with them.” 
Ahead of revealing his college destination, Bell believes that he will release a list of his top schools. The No. 1 player in Florida is excited to continue connecting with multiple programs, and already knows what matters to him in a school. 
“The history and putting guys into the league in the past gives a school a head start on a lot of the programs that haven’t sent guys to the NFL,” said Bell, the No. 12 overall prospect in the 2026 On3 Industry Ranking. “The culture around the program, the offense and the fit for me matter too. Those are probably the three big things.” 
One of the schools to host Bell this spring was Texas. The No. 2 quarterback in the 2026 On300 left Austin on April 19 with an offer from the Longhorns. 
Bell is returning to Texas on June 1 for another unofficial visit. He is looking forward to being back on The Forty Acres. 
“I had never been to one of their practices, so it was good to learn how coach A.J. Milwee and coach Steve Sarkisian like to coach their quarterbacks,” Bell said. “… I feel like that camp is going to help because I’m going to be able to see firsthand how coach Milwee likes to coach because he’ll be coaching me during it. I feel like that will be a good thing for me.” 
Texas is not the only top program that is working hard to land Bell. Some of the other schools heavily pursuing the four-star include LSU, Miami, Ohio State and Penn State. 
There is still a long time remaining in Bell’s recruitment. Yet he is looking forward to finding his college football home in the coming weeks. 
“I feel like there’s a group of schools that I have better relationships with because I’ve known them for much longer periods of time,” Bell said. “I make sure to stay in contact with those schools. The longer I’ve known them, probably the better my relationship with them has been. That has helped shape what my decision is going to look like.”

Calculator.gif

He was recently on OTF and had glowing remarks about Sark. Said they met when he was in the 8th grade prior to getting recruited at another camp.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 5/11/2024 at 2:09 PM, Mother mopar said:

Calculator.gif

He was recently on OTF and had glowing remarks about Sark. Said they met when he was in the 8th grade prior to getting recruited at another camp.

I was thinking "8th grade?  Sark's been on him a long time!"  Then I realized that in Dia's case that was ... two years ago.   Damn. 2026? Holy shit. It's likely that he won't play much at all on the 40 until 2028.  I could be dead by then. 

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I was thinking "8th grade?  Sark's been on him a long time!"  Then I realized that in Dia's case that was ... two years ago.   Damn. 2026? Holy shit. It's likely that he won't play much at all on the 40 until 2028.  I could be dead by then. 

And you'll still be letting us know Husan Longstreet might commit to aggy at any moment

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

And you'll still be letting us know Husan Longstreet might commit to aggy at any moment

I can't be the only one reading this guy's name as Husain and wondering if he came from the now defunct aggy campus in the UAE? 

• Haha 1