Texas Recruiting Notes 2026: NIL Deals for flying cars

texifornia

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

How crazy is this ...

- a 2026 QB named Quinn Murphy.

- from Austin, Texas.

He has profiles on 247 and On3, so it's not someone pulling a Gotch Yarbrough?

image.thumb.png.9e0fb5026b6a43fd6885831b1e253bef.png

image.thumb.png.65f5304063a695f90e87eea5b8ae2c39.png

That Regents has a qb recruit at all is wild. The Brydon's were family friends, so we used to go to their 6-man playoff games and that was fuuuuun football. 

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, someone with the first name Quinn and last name Murphy seems like a super, super unlikely combo. Next thing you’ll tell me there’s a Sean Miller or a Kevin O’Donnell. Maybe a Paddy O’Neil knocking around. 

Don’t be such a dick about it. No joke, I have a friend named Eric Chavez, just like that journeyman MLB player from the 2000s. You have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning on your way to cash it in than meeting someone with that name. Same for Quinn Murphy. So mind-blowing

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Don’t be such a dick about it. No joke, I have a friend named Eric Chavez, just like that journeyman MLB player from the 2000s. You have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning on your way to cash it in than meeting someone with that name. Same for Quinn Murphy. So mind-blowing

Listen, this is surly, and I made a dick response becuase I thought it was funny and it made me smile. And I got a chance to drop some Patriot Games references. But let me go ahead and go full dick right now and short circuit your typical knee-jerk ass backwards bullshit right now:

How about another Quinn Murphy who also plays football? What're the odds on that? Is that like winning the lottery AND getting struck by lightning? Oh, hey, he goes to Notre Dame, almost like he might be Irish:
https://fightingirish.com/roster/quinn-murphy/

I also found 4 people on IMDB, 2 soccer players, a makeup artist, some attorney in Florida, 5 people listed on IMDB in roles, etc. There are almost 350k people in America with the last name murphy. And by the way, Eric Chavez isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison becasue it's a historically anglo name with a historically hispanic name. What if I fucking ask how many guys were named Chuy Chavez, or Juan Chavez. Would that be more likely? If I saw those names together, would I be able to safely assume they were of Latin descent?

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, this is surly, and I made a dick response becuase I thought it was funny and it made me smile. And I got a chance to drop some Patriot Games references. But let me go ahead and go full dick right now and short circuit your typical knee-jerk ass backwards bullshit right now:

How about another Quinn Murphy who also plays football? What're the odds on that? Is that like winning the lottery AND getting struck by lightning? Oh, hey, he goes to Notre Dame, almost like he might be Irish:
https://fightingirish.com/roster/quinn-murphy/

I also found 4 people on IMDB, 2 soccer players, a makeup artist, some attorney in Florida, 5 people listed on IMDB in roles, etc. There are almost 350k people in America with the last name murphy. And by the way, Eric Chavez isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison becasue it's a historically anglo name with a historically hispanic name. What if I fucking ask how many guys were named Chuy Chavez, or Juan Chavez. Would that be more likely? If I saw those names together, would I be able to safely assume they were of Latin descent?

You got #Helobious’d, so hard I almost feel bad. Thanks for playing.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So you're either admitting this has been your gag for years, or this is your new go to when you've been conveniently pansted? Either way, I'm not sure it's the good look you might think it is, sir. 

That wasn’t really a gag, I truly thought I had layered the sarcasm on to the point it was obvious. Failed to account for the unsophisticated reader I guess. My bad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(Justin Wells) Texas Recruiting Intel: Saturday offers from the Horns

The No. 7 Texas Longhorns handed out a few new recruiting offers prior to their game with No. 23 Kansas State from Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on Saturday. Here’s the latest.

Tradarian Ball, RB, Texarkana (Texas) Texas High – 2026

On his fourth trip to Austin since last summer, the On3 four-star running back picked up a Texas offer on Saturday. UT joins Penn State, Oregon, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Cal, Arizona State, Texas Tech, UH, and others on the offer sheet. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound east Texas tailback took an unofficial visit to Austin this weekend for the UT-Kansas State game. “For real, it was crazy,” Ball told Inside Texas. “Back at DKR today. Like (celebrity) for real though, it’s crazy here.”

Jalen Lott, WR, Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy – 2026

One of the top-rated prospects in-state for 2026, Lott already holds double-digit offers including Michigan, Florida State, Miami, Missouri, Oregon, Oklahoma, Nebraska, TCU, Baylor, SMU, and others. You can add Texas to the mix today. The 5-foot-11, 158-pound four-star has ties to the Texas football program. Lott’s father, James Lott, played defensive back at Texas and for the Chicago Bears. He also stars on the track.

Landen Williams-Callis, RB, Richmond (Texas) Randle – 2027

This was really an early offer when Tashard Choice extended one to the 5-foot-7, 160-pound freshman on Saturday morning. After early offers from Alabama, Penn State, Miami, Georgia, Stanford, TCU, Texas A&M, and USC, Choice and the Longhorns offered the dynamic Houston area prospect. “It was exciting,” Williams-Callis told Inside Texas. “I’m very close to coach (Tashard) Choice. I came to the camp this summer and I felt like he was very interested in me.”

Williams-Callis has also taken an unofficial trip to Alabama and is looking at more fall visits in November.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...