Lina Hidalgo

Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

There's got to be a good joke series in this somewhere. Nerdy white guy at the Familia barbecue. 

Needs some workshopping. 

Good luck you two dreamers.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hidalgo's opponent, Mealer, was appointed to the METRO board. Basically she was appointed for one of the non-Houston board seats, even though she lives in Houston.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/transportation/article/alex-mealer-metro-board-19325497.php

Chron says it's unusual that the smaller cities appoint a Houston resident. I guess Mealer doesn't want to go away and still plans to make noise in politics later on.

Oddly her appointment, by this guy, was called a victory.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hidalgo's opponent, Mealer, was appointed to the METRO board. Basically she was appointed by Katy instead of Houston, even though she lives in Houston.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/transportation/article/alex-mealer-metro-board-19325497.php

Chron says it's unusual that the smaller cities appoint a Houston resident. I guess Mealer doesn't want to go away and still plans to make noise in politics later on.

Will Ferrell Loser GIF

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Fucking hell, I figured there was no way the HISD takeover thing was real, but it is, and was easy to find:

Fuuuuck that noise

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Sounds like Parker is floating her name out there just in case Hidalgo receives a Biden Admin appointment. Parker would want everyone to immediately turn to her in that scenario since there is a rumor she's interested.

This PR stunt costs her nothing other than perhaps potential embarrassment if it falls flat in Dem circles.

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sounds like Parker is floating her name out there just in case Hidalgo receives a Biden Admin appointment. Parker would want everyone to immediately turn to her in that scenario since there is a rumor she's interested.

This PR stunt costs her nothing other than perhaps potential embarrassment if it falls flat in Dem circles.

I believe Lina also Hinted she would only be a 2 termer and taking a spot in the Biden Admin would keep her promise. I’d rather she stay local and continue to be a force pissing for the state GOP

As for 2028 county judge? Chris Hollins please 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2