Lina Hidalgo

Nice Guy Eddie

34 minutes ago, Pods said:

They also mentioned Hidalgo is under investigation, which I am assuming is also bullshit, but does anyone know what they are talking about?

Think that went away.  There was definitely smoke there a year or so ago. Single sourcing something to a friend, iirc.  Security stuff maybe? 

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Think that went away.  There was definitely smoke there a year or so ago. Single sourcing something to a friend, iirc.  Security stuff maybe? 

Hidalgo basically pissed off Democratic DA Ogg because she wouldn't do her bidding so Ogg decided to play some dirty politics in retribution is how I saw it.  Republicans jumped on it because that's what they do and Ogg hand fed them.

50 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Didn’t she admit it was a mistake on her part?  

I honestly have no idea what you're referring to. I was talking about the stuff that Og was looking into regarding Elevate Strategies. 

https://cjo.harriscountytx.gov/Newsroom/Truth-Center#:~:text=Claim%3A County Judge Hidalgo steered,local%2C woman-owned firm.

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Hidalgo basically pissed off Democratic DA Ogg because she wouldn't do her bidding so Ogg decided to play some dirty politics in retribution is how I saw it.  Republicans jumped on it because that's what they do and Ogg hand fed them.

Kim Ogg is a disappointment.

Lina Hidalgo is not.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Pods said:

They also mentioned Hidalgo is under investigation, which I am assuming is also bullshit, but does anyone know what they are talking about?

Pretty sure this rumor started on Tex ags, about one month after she took office. ‘Her arrest is any day now !!!’

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

ogg is a huge huge cunt. Her office hates her. She’s going to be primary’d  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is very sad. The fascists taking over your jurisdiction and deciding to rule over your constituency would wear down anybody.

Best of luck to her. If I ever get a chance to vote for her for anything, I'll do it.

If I ever get testicular cancer, I'll be looking to acquire a flamethrower.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Tweets gone now.  Apparently 800k in legal fees being picked up by the county?  M Berry was discussing it today.  Tweet had her doing an interview and sounded like shit. 

whether it’s true or not, Berry is a world class troll and needs to come out of the closet 

• Like 2

Interesting.  I have a dumbass coworkers who is totally bought into the craziness on the right in Harris County and yesterday she started making smirky comments about Lina resigning.  I pretty much changed the subject.  Now I understand where it originated.  

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Interesting.  I have a dumbass coworkers who is totally bought into the craziness on the right in Harris County and yesterday she started making smirky comments about Lina resigning.  I pretty much changed the subject.  Now I understand where it originated.  

i was told by a relative that "if i believed that, then i believed lina hidalgo runs things around here." a more daring relative asked the gentleman kindly "wait, i'm confused then, who does run harris county?" and he sort of smirked and gasped at the same time while turning on his heel and saying "oh, you know who!"

classic stuff.

anyways, i've been a fan of hidalgo's for awhile. hate to see anything stick to her, but damn if they aren't trying, so she's doing a metric fuckton correctly, imo

Honestly, I'm neutral on her.  She's done the best that she could.  I liked Ed Emmett and was sad to see him go but did not lose my mind when she was elected.  Some people seriously lost it and started attacking her immediately.  

Look at that... when she took her leave of absence, Ed Emmett did not act like an a-hole... (unless there are other clips/interviews I don't know about)

Edited by texasdago

5 hours ago, texasdago said:

Honestly, I'm neutral on her.  She's done the best that she could.  I liked Ed Emmett and was sad to see him go but did not lose my mind when she was elected.  Some people seriously lost it and started attacking her immediately.  

Look at that... when she took her leave of absence, Ed Emmett did not act like an a-hole... (unless there are other clips/interviews I don't know about)

hurricane Harvey response sunk enmitt

he was just mailing it in his last term 

Hope Lina get whatever help she needs. Don’t really care about her job as judge. Her covid policy was overly aggressive in spite of the data. Like most in Harris county her ethics seems pliable at best. It’s just who we are here. She’s not the worst we’ve seen. She’s not great either. Pretty ineffectual.  Seems unorganized and easily rattled by anyone questioning her. Not a surprise she’s having issues, but I hope she finds whatever peace she needs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2