Texas roster 2018

Machinator

25 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't think Burt transfers.  He's got the track gig at Texas that he excels at - and he could still have a prominent role on this team next year.

Agree on Burt.....

Also don't think Chisholm or Chris-Giles are necessarily redshirting to transfer

On a previous Post on "Redshirting to stay".

......a few may play more than 4 games  and NOT Redshirt.. ...(see below)

LB Overshown...(May be needed for LB depth... On chart played vs KState)

LB Adeoye...... (May be needed for LB depth with Roach out)

DB Green........ (Played in 2 games and important on Special Teams)

DB Foster ........(already played in 3 games)    

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

He's a senior, no? Wouldn't have to be early. He could probably transfer at the end of the school year with very little problem. Finding a graduate program not offered at UT might be a bit tricky, but I'm pretty sure he'll find a way to do it, if that's what he wants. Good luck to the kid; for all the vitriol we pour out over the fact that he shouldn't be getting any playing time, he's still done everything asked of him. Other, than, you know, not being mediocre as a RB...

He's in his third year. Signing class of 2016.

Edited by Machinator

Just now, Sock Monkey said:

Are all the D-line and O-line recruits from last class on track to redshirt? If so, the positive impact that will have on the future of the football program cannot be emphasized enough. No more starting true freshman lineman please! 

So far, so good.

• Like 1

Burt always looks really happy on the sidelines, in videos, and post game.  He's always congratulating dudes and standing in front for the eyes.

Just get the vibe that he's a track dude who likes his life right now.  I could be wrong since I'm basing all of this on video and pictures.

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

I also don't think it's a given that Green, Overshown, and/or Dele redshirt. They're likely going to play a lot next season, and we need them to get snaps this year, whether it's on defense or on special teams.

I will be shocked if Overshown redshirts. Mildly surprised if Green does. I'll actually be shocked if Dele doesn't, at this point. It will be interesting to see over the next few weeks. Also, the premise of the Big 12 Title game is an intriguing kink. Not saying I think we're headed there this year, but I also don't think it's an insane concept at the moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I will be shocked if Overshown redshirts. Mildly surprised if Green does. I'll actually be shocked if Dele doesn't, at this point. It will be interesting to see over the next few weeks. Also, the premise of the Big 12 Title game is an intriguing kink. Not saying I think we're headed there this year, but I also don't think it's an insane concept at the moment.

Question for all....

Any way a few true freshman that has not yet appeared in a game get some playing time against BlowU?? (They could still only appear in 4 games or less and Redshirt)

Seems like maybe  Ojomo or Coburn could help provide depth for the Dline.

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Question for all....

Any way a few true freshmen that have not yet appeared in a game get some playing time against BlowU?? (They could still only appear in 4 games or less and Redshirt)

Seems like maybe  Ojomo or Coburn could help provide depth for the Dline.

Still interested to hear if folks think some new freshmen might see a few plays in BlowU Game.....

Good News.... KIRK JOHNSON played in the KState Game... He's classified as a Junior.

Found this comment....

Kirk had off-season surgery to remove bone spurs in his ankle that doctors said resulted in a series of injuries (ankle, knee, hamstring) that caused Kirk to miss most of the last three seasons.

Kirk replaced Jamarquis Durst (shoulder) on kickoff coverage and kickoff return against K-State, his first significant game time since his freshman year in 2015.

“Unreal to see him out there,” Collin said. “It meant a lot to me. Him being on the field gave me extra passion and motivation. I was watching him run down on every kickoff.

“I’d watch him on kickoff return. It meant a lot to me to watch him play. I told him to be patient. His time came on special teams. He’s going to continue to work hard to find more opportunities to get on the field.”

GOOD LUCK KIRK #28...... HOOK'EM  🤘

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Still interested to hear if folks think some new freshmen might see a few plays in BlowU Game.....

Good News.... KIRK JOHNSON played in the KState Game... He's classified as a Junior.

Found this comment....

Kirk had off-season surgery to remove bone spurs in his ankle that doctors said resulted in a series of injuries (ankle, knee, hamstring) that caused Kirk to miss most of the last three seasons.

Kirk replaced Jamarquis Durst (shoulder) on kickoff coverage and kickoff return against K-State, his first significant game time since his freshman year in 2015.

“Unreal to see him out there,” Collin said. “It meant a lot to me. Him being on the field gave me extra passion and motivation. I was watching him run down on every kickoff.

“I’d watch him on kickoff return. It meant a lot to me to watch him play. I told him to be patient. His time came on special teams. He’s going to continue to work hard to find more opportunities to get on the field.”

GOOD LUCK KIRK #28...... HOOK'EM  🤘

Additional comments on KIRK JOHNSON 's Return....

Kirk returned two kickoffs in 2015 and also recovered two special teams fumbles, including a fumble by OU on a kickoff that led to a touchdown drive and a 14-0 Texas lead in UT’s 24-17 win over the Sooners (UT’s last win in the Red River Shootout).

“My goal is to be on the field with him (Kirk) at the same time,” Collin said. “Whether that’s on special teams or on offense. That’s my goal before the season ends.” 

Edited by LTtxfan

On 10/1/2018 at 2:41 PM, Machinator said:

Here is the player tracker through KSU. This tracker only lists those who have not already redshirted. Players with the red "NO RS" designation have played in at least five games and thus cannot redshirt this season.

DocQy0nUYAAlFfr.jpgDocQ1dXUUAANodU.jpg

Great Chart.....

On 10/7/2018 at 2:52 AM, Machinator said:

Participation chart will be interesting to see. D'Andre Christmas once again played important snaps, and we had our first John Burt sighting of the season.

Think Overshown, K.Johnson, and maybe even Dele played....

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Was Overshown on ST’s? Or did he see snaps on defense?

2 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Don't remember him on defense but he was credited with a tackle. 

Think his tackle came on kickoff coverage. Didn't see him on defense.

OK, looks like Joe isn't going to update it. Anyway, here's the player tracker through KSU. It only lists those who have not already redshirted. Players with the red "NO RS" designation have played in at least five games and thus cannot redshirt this season. The one error in the listing is that Brennan Eagles did play against OU.

DpBltteUwAAZ9Zi.jpgDpBlwgWUUAAecza.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting watching this chart, makes me wonder about how Coaches may have to manage their 85 Man Rosters differently under the new 4 game Redshirt rule.  

Potential Scholly Player Group Candidates for Redshirting

1) 1st or 2nd year players  (Especially OL/DL)

2) Early Season injured starting players 

3) Jrs or Srs who by Redshirting could start/provide depth following year

.......................................................................................................................

Redshirt Eligible Scholly Players Coaches will be sure to play 5+ Games:

1) Players that are primarily depth/backups.....  [keep advancing their Class Rank (Soph, Jr, Sr) especially if new recruiting class is deeper for their position group]

2) Players that are primarily Special Teams Players or have limited roles on the Team. (Usually easier to replace with incoming Frosh Class)

3) Top Talented players-- probably only playing 3 years then off to NFL

With new Redshirt Rule Changes......Coaches managing their 85 Man Roster for the next Recruiting Class may feel like they are now playing a game of "4 Dimensional Chess" 

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Interesting watching this chart, makes me wonder about how Coaches may have to manage their 85 Man Rosters differently under the new 4 game Redshirt rule.  

Potential Scholly Player Group Candidates for Redshirting

1) 1st or 2nd year players  (Especially OL/DL)

2) Early Season injured starting players 

3) Jrs or Srs who by Redshirting could start/provide depth following year

.......................................................................................................................

Redshirt Eligible Scholly Players Coaches will be sure to play 5+ Games:

1) Players that are primarily depth/backups.....  [keep advancing their Class Rank (Soph, Jr, Sr) especially if new recruiting class is deeper for their position group]

2) Players that are primarily Special Teams Players or have limited roles on the Team. (Usually easier to replace with incoming Frosh Class)

3) Top Talented players-- probably only playing 3 years then off to NFL

With new Redshirt Rule Changes......Coaches managing their 85 Man Roster for the next Recruiting Class may feel like they are now playing a game of "4 Dimensional Chess" 

ALSO.....

Have to fill lack of experience Losses with JUCO and Grad Transfers...  

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

OK, looks like Joe isn't going to update it. Anyway, here's the player tracker through KSU. It only lists those who have not already redshirted. Players with the red "NO RS" designation have played in at least five games and thus cannot redshirt this season. The one error in the listing is that Brennan Eagles did play against OU.

DpBltteUwAAZ9Zi.jpgDpBlwgWUUAAecza.jpg

So from the non-freshmen....

Okafor, Chisholm might Redshirt and return for 2019?

Porter, Toneil, and Shane might Redshirt and transfer?

Maybe Rowland Redshirts and returns as a backup kicker??

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Texas has 19 RS players from the 2014-2017 classes.

Of the 11(includes Anderson) upper class OL/DL on the roster, 2 got to RS at Texas.

No doubt being able to RS several OL/DL from the 2018 Class should begin the process of building better depth in the trenches for the future....🤘

I like that we're redshirting (so far - hope that holds) a lot of bigs on both sides of the ball this season. That's how it's supposed to be:

OL: J.Angilou, R.Moore, R.Ghirmai, C.Jones, D.Okafor

DL: K.Coburn, M.Ojomo, M.Williams, D.Carson, M.Roach, D.Christmas, J.Chisholm

13 minutes ago, Scholz said:
I like that we're redshirting (so far - hope that holds) a lot of bigs on both sides of the ball this season. That's how it's supposed to be:

OL: J.Angilou, R.Moore, R.Ghirmai, C.Jones, D.Okafor

DL: K.Coburn, M.Ojomo, M.Williams, D.Carson, M.Roach, D.Christmas, J.Chisholm

I wonder whether we're actually RS'ing D. Christmas or if he's just playing sparingly because hes not a fit for what Orlando wants to do?  If we're actually trying to RS he's only eligible for one more game over the next 6+.  I guess they could sit Christmas once they're ready to start rotating in the freshmen for their 4 games.

Absolutely love that we're going to have a whole class of RS offensive linemen and a veteran that should of RS'ed.

• Like 1

Assuming Johnson, Humphrey, and Jones leave early (cries), who do we predict for team captains next season? Might be a fun little exercise. I say we limit it to juniors and seniors snice I believe Herman said they were the only grades eligible in the team voting.

I will go with: Ehlinger, Shackleford, Wilbon, McCullough, Thompson OR Duvernay

Edited by Tired of Lurking

@Machinator Has Reese Leitao played? I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see him on the table.

Beck has been a revelation at TE this year and shows how important the TE is to this offense. Brewer has been quiet and I can't remember seeing Leitao except maybe special teams? TE could be a pretty big hole next year.

11 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

@Machinator Has Reese Leitao played? I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see him on the table.

Beck has been a revelation at TE this year and shows how important the TE is to this offense. Brewer has been quiet and I can't remember seeing Leitao except maybe special teams? TE could be a pretty big hole next year.

Leitao redshirted last year. He plays on the placekicking unit. I haven't seen him on offense this season.

Edited by Machinator

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Brewer is just now one year removed from his ACL. I think we might see him start to contribute more late in the season. 

On 10/17/2018 at 10:26 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Beck has been a great asset, but I wouldn't be surprised if both Leitao and Brewer exploit the TE passing game even more the next couple of seasons.  We actually have two prospects who could also compete in the next year or two to really give the TE room real talent not seen in over a decade. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 9:50 AM, Machinator said:

Here's the player tracker through Baylor. It only lists those who have not already redshirted. Players with the red "NO RS" designation have played in at least five games and thus cannot redshirt this season.

DpoqZJIVsAAKZeG.jpg

DpoqcrTU8AIy17b.jpg

Gonna be fascinating to watch how the Coaches rotate some of these True Freshmen into the remaining games.....

Remaining Schedule....

1) At Okie Lite

2) West Va.

3) At Tech

4) Iowa St.

5) At Kansas

6) B12 Champ Game (hopefully)

7) Bowl Game or CFB Playoff

On 10/16/2018 at 9:50 AM, Machinator said:

Here's the player tracker through Baylor. It only lists those who have not already redshirted. Players with the red "NO RS" designation have played in at least five games and thus cannot redshirt this season.

DpoqZJIVsAAKZeG.jpg

DpoqcrTU8AIy17b.jpg

Dang Josh Moore is not eligible to Redshirt for 2018 Season and he just hurt his shoulder.....