Texas roster 2018

Machinator

Starting to doubt the Jamison decision.  He was one of my favorite DB's in the class, and he has produced nothing on offense.

There were all these pre-season raves about Jamison scoring long TD's in scrimmages.  But now I think we can all see that had more to do with our defense's inability to stop a jet sweep than with having a sufficient package for Jamison.

A true nickel is more valuable than another Daje/Monroe that doesn't get touches.

6 minutes ago, fellside said:

Starting to doubt the Jamison decision.  He was one of my favorite DB's in the class, and he has produced nothing on offense.

There were all these pre-season raves about Jamison scoring long TD's in scrimmages.  But now I think we can all see that had more to do with our defense's inability to stop a jet sweep than with having a sufficient package for Jamison.

A true nickel is more valuable than another Daje/Monroe that doesn't get touches.

Well, he’s not going to play nickel this year, so why not put him on offense where he’ll see the field and maybe help us?  Now, if he’s still messing around on offense next year and we are short on DBs, then I’ll start worrying. 

37 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Well, he’s not going to play nickel this year, so why not put him on offense where he’ll see the field and maybe help us?  Now, if he’s still messing around on offense next year and we are short on DBs, then I’ll start worrying. 

So what's more valuable:  A year of practice reps and garbage time at the position you will actually play or a year getting no reps at the position you will play?

If we assume he's going back next year, why isn't he getting better at what he'll do next year?

9 minutes ago, fellside said:

So what's more valuable:  A year of practice reps and garbage time at the position you will actually play or a year getting no reps at the position you will play?

If we assume he's going back next year, why isn't he getting better at what he'll do next year?

You're also assuming he will be of no benefit to winning where he is this year. Using your standard, you could have argued the same thing about Collin Johnson after the first few games. 

We don't do wait'll next year at Texas. You win now or you lose your job. I trust the coaches in determining who may help win.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:48 PM, ckhorn said:

It looks like they are RS Chisholm, so saying that he will probably play this weekend. Smart thing as we lose the whole starting DL this year. Hope these coaches are right on DL evaluations for 2018.  They have been pretty spot on thus for.

The DL 2 deep has been emerging and growing into the future. Bimage forcing a fumble last week is evidence of that.

I do hope we can flip Leal from aggy though. Definitely need to bring in at least 1 or 2 DTs every year to keep the DL deep enough.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:23 AM, fellside said:

lol okay I'm dumb.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Here is the player tracker through KSU. This tracker only lists those who have not already redshirted. Players with the red "NO RS" designation have played in at least five games and thus cannot redshirt this season.

DocQy0nUYAAlFfr.jpgDocQ1dXUUAANodU.jpg

Based on this chart, several true freshman hopefully able to Redshirt.  This should really provide depth in future years.

Any idea how many players a program like Bama typically redshirts each year??

Trying to guess Redshirts who will likely stay.....

1) Woodard........WR.   (Frosh)

2) Coburn............DL.    (Frosh)

3) Angilau............OL.   (Frosh)

4) Epps................TE.   (Frosh)

5) Rising..............QB.    (Frosh)

6) Thompson.......QB.    (Frosh)

7) Moore...............OL.     (Frosh)

😎 Ghirmai............ OL.     (Frosh)

9) Ojomo.............. DL.     (Frosh)

10) Vaughn........... LB.    (Frosh)

11) Williams..........DL.    (Frosh)

12) Carson.............DL.    (Frosh)

13) Jones.............. OL.     (Frosh)

14) Okafor.............OL  

15) Chisholm.........DL

(Can't get rid of emoji on #8 Ghirmai)

Edited by LTtxfan

I could see Jones declaring.
That would be silly on his part. He is not reliable in coverage at the college level, he would get eaten alive in pros. He has shown a lot this year in run support and tackling in space but he needs to refine that part of his game. I'm not sure he'd get taken as things stand now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Trying to guess Redshirts who will likely stay.....

1) Woodard........WR.   (Frosh)

2) Coburn............DL.    (Frosh)

3) Angilau............OL.   (Frosh)

4) Epps................TE.   (Frosh)

5) Rising..............QB.    (Frosh)

6) Thompson.......QB.    (Frosh)

7) Moore...............OL.     (Frosh)

😎 Ghirmai............ OL.     (Frosh)

9) Ojomo.............. DL.     (Frosh)

10) Vaughn........... LB.    (Frosh)

11) Williams..........DL.    (Frosh)

12) Carson.............DL.    (Frosh)

13) Jones.............. OL.     (Frosh)

14) Okafor.............OL  

15) Chisholm.........DL

(Can't get rid of emoji on #8 Ghirmai)

Forgot... 16) Roach.........(Junior)

Okafor is a Junior,  Chisholm a Senior

Edited by LTtxfan

59 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

That would be silly on his part. He is not reliable in coverage at the college level, he would get eaten alive in pros. He has shown a lot this year in run support and tackling in space but he needs to refine that part of his game. I'm not sure he'd get taken as things stand now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He would certainly be taken. He would not be taken nearly as high as his ceiling suggests.

20 hours ago, Machinator said:

Here is the player tracker through KSU. This tracker only lists those who have not already redshirted. Players with the red "NO RS" designation have played in at least five games and thus cannot redshirt this season.

DocQy0nUYAAlFfr.jpgDocQ1dXUUAANodU.jpg

Redshirting to transfer:

QB Buechele

RB Porter

RB Carter

WR Burt

DT Christmas-Giles

DL Chisholm

K Rowland

Redshirting to stay:

QB Rising

QB Thompson 

WR Woodard

WR Epps

OL Moore

OL Okafor

OL Jones

OL Angilau

OL Ghirmai

DT Coburn

DT Ojomo 

DE Carson 

DE Williams

LB Overshown

LB Roach 

LB Vaughns

LB Adeoye

DB Green

DB Foster

Edited by Snake Diggity

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Bad move to let Christmas and Chisholm transfer when we are bringing in 0 DTs in this recruiting class thanks to master recruiter Oscar giles 

I don't think we are redshirting Chisholm with the intention of getting him to transfer.

I think T'Vondre Sweat will become a DT in a couple years.

20 hours ago, torre said:

Isn't Porter in McCombs ?

Unless he is on track to graduate early,  doubt if he would want to transfer.

He's a senior, no? Wouldn't have to be early. He could probably transfer at the end of the school year with very little problem. Finding a graduate program not offered at UT might be a bit tricky, but I'm pretty sure he'll find a way to do it, if that's what he wants. Good luck to the kid; for all the vitriol we pour out over the fact that he shouldn't be getting any playing time, he's still done everything asked of him. Other, than, you know, not being mediocre as a RB...