Texas Women’s Basketball 2022-2023: Get on board or get out the damn way

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

32-6 run since the 2nd Q

Damn.  Vic woke them up at halftime.

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I would maybe try to rest Rori here for a couple minutes and if the lead stays around 15 then maybe she can get a quarter worth of rest. 

Vic has seen us without Rori and it's not pretty. I like the plan of 15 though.

K-State came out on fire.  They didn't seem tired after playing last night and Texas looked rusty being off since Saturday night, plus maybe a little cocky playing KSU in back to back games after a giant blowout.  But Texas adjusted and really locked down defensively, and went on a huge run since they were down 9 midway through the 2nd Q. 

Texas moves into the semifinals with a 60-42 win over 9 seed KSU.

Noon tomorrow vs. Ok State

• Hook 'Em 1

We looked like we were shaking a lot of rust off.  The men did last night too.  The longer layoffs in March are tough. You see this in the opening round of the NCAA women's tournamnet a lot, with most conferences having 2 weeks off between their conference tournamnet and the first round. 

I do agree with Brenda and Holly, you fly into KC, you sit around your hotel for a couple days doing homework and watching film while the lowest seeds play, and then you get thrown onto the court against an opponent you didn't even know you were playing until last night, away from home, against a team that just played. 

Like clearing cobwebs. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1