Texas Women’s Basketball 2022-2023: Get on board or get out the damn way

Pancho

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Hell of a defensive performance by Texas today. Now we have 48 hours to recover and prep for Baylor

Unlike our trip to Norman last year, which was Vic’s first time seeing this OU offense under Jennie B. Hasn’t been competitive for them since 

Texas destroys the Sooners. 67-45

Sole possession of 1st

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

All of my bitching and it was pretty comfortable the whole quarter. 

nice to hear the despair in the sooner broadcast crew, including the wish casting that Texas has a quick turnaround for Baylor and has to go to manhattan to finish up. 

Meanwhile they have to go to Stillwater for a hot OSU team. I’d rather be us than them 

Overlooked yesterday was Holle’s defense on Taylor Robertson.  2-8 (2-7 BTA) for 6 points. Holle then chipped in 11 points on 4-8 shooting (3-4 BTA), all in the 3rd Q, to help us pull away. Played 38.5 minutes. Rori and Shaylee with another 40 min each game. Really need Morris back.

Robertson and Madi Williams is a deadly duo and they went a combined 5-19 (2-8) for 14 points. I bet we win by 30 if it weren’t for their 17 offensive boards for 21 second chance points. 

Also Taylor Jones with 5 blocks off the bench! 

Coach JB was very respectful in the postgame press conference as well. It’s hard to not hate an OU and Baylor coach, but between the whining from coaches like Fennelly and the bitch from Lubbock, JB and NC come across as very classy and respectful of Vic and his program. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Overlooked yesterday was Holle’s defense on Taylor Robertson.  

This is why the Morris injury might be a blessing in disguise. 

If she transitions into a 6th "woman" role this team would be a lot better than her as a starter. Morris is more of spark plug off the bench and I think Holle does other things we need in the starting 5. 

If Muhammad develops any type of offensive game she's going to be a special player. 

She's already the best offensive rebounder on the team and creates a lot of issues on the defensive end with her athleticism/length. I can tell Vic really loves her. She played limited minutes yesterday but came in throwing her body around and you could tell that Vic loved it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Kansas is actually a 2 point favorite over OKST today, and then they'll probably be slight underdogs against @WVU and OU. Wouldn't surprise me at all if OKST loses 2 of their last 3 and falls to 4th in conference

We’ll see but I think they’re the 3rd best team in conference and I’ve rather have ISU as the 4 than seeing OSU again

No. 19/20 Texas (22-7, 13-3 Big 12) vs -/RV  Baylor (18-10, 9-7 Big 12)
Monday, February 27, 2023 – 6:00 p.m. Central   Game 30
Austin, Texas – Moody Center
TELEVISION: The game will be nationally televised on ESPN2. Beth Mowins (pxp) and Debbie Antonelli (analyst) will have the call.
RADIO: The game will be carried on 105.3 FM in Austin. Craig Way (pxp) and Kathy Harston (analyst) will call the action. The broadcast will be streamed on TexasSports.Com.

Baylor Players to Watch
Sarah Andrews is Baylor's leading scorer, averaging 15.1 points and 4.4 assists per game. Darianna Littlepage-Buggs is the leading rebounder, tallying 9.5 rebounds per game to go with 10.5 points, while Jaden Owens leads the Bears with 6.0 assists per game in addition to averaging 8.0 points a contest.
Andrews' 2.4 made three-pointers per contest makes her Baylor's most prolific three-point shooter. She knocks down 34 percent of her shots from downtown.

Baylor Schedule:

vs TCU     W64-42     
@ Oklahoma      W81-70
@ Kansas     W75-62

vs Oklahoma State L70-65     
@ West Virginia     L74-65

vs Kansas State     W69-48     
vs Texas     L68-55     
@ Texas Tech     W79-59     
vs Kansas     W77-73

@ Iowa State 12     W76-70     
vs Oklahoma 16    L98-92 OT