Texas Women’s Basketball 2022-2023: Get on board or get out the damn way

Pancho

14 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So Baylor is 4 back with 4 to play and either Texas or ou has to win at least once more.  So baylor is eliminated from the regular season title?

I think so. They can really fuck us over if we don’t beat them in Austin though 

Back to 10th in the NET rankings

image.thumb.png.ccc81ef252f57809362f623c1a84e3a9.png

Next reveal is Thursday.

Going to guess we drop down to a 4, but have room to grow with the OU game on Saturday. I think Alex Loeb said yesterday that Creme was going to move us up to a 3 if we won the WV game.  We'll see when his new bracketology comes out.

Winning out would solidify a 3, with the chance at running the table in the Big 12 tournament as well getting us to a 2. 

2/21 Bracketology

Texas is a 3 in Seattle (Stanford) - Tara probably raging in her office in Palo Alto at possibly seeing Vic again in the tournamnet. 

• WV last team in
  • WV and Princeton are among the first 4 participants
  • USC 8 seed
  • ISU 5 seed
  • OSU 9 seed
  • KU 9 seed
  • OU 4 seed and hosting
  • USF 6 seed
  • Baylor 8 seed

Big 12 is a 7 bid league.  Strong league there - 70%. Tech, KSU and TCU out. 

image.thumb.png.b37e07b0ddcf64a91f006cd8c6bea79f.png

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

2/21 Bracketology

Texas is a 3 in Seattle (Stanford) - Tara probably raging in her office in Palo Alto at possibly seeing Vic again in the tournamnet. 

• WV last team in
  • WV and Princeton are among the first 4 participants
  • USC 8 seed
  • ISU 5 seed
  • OSU 9 seed
  • KU 9 seed
  • OU 4 seed and hosting
  • USF 6 seed
  • Baylor 8 seed

Big 12 is a 7 bid league.  Strong league there - 70%. Tech, KSU and TCU out. 

image.thumb.png.b37e07b0ddcf64a91f006cd8c6bea79f.png

Facing Mulkey as the 2 in this scenario. Hate to play her but they may be the most overrated 2, so perhaps not a bad thing. Plenty of games left though.

Tara will probably start bitching about our physical play before the day is done.

2 hours ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Facing Mulkey as the 2 in this scenario. Hate to play her but they may be the most overrated 2, so perhaps not a bad thing. Plenty of games left though.

Tara will probably start bitching about our physical play before the day is done.

NC State would be a tough test for LSU. 

NC State plays in a very competitive conference, unlike LSU.  18th in NET, so I think they'd be quite underseeded at 7.  Not quite what they were last year with Raina Perez and Elisa Cunane but they have a good core and a good coach.  6-8 in Q1 and 7-0 in Q2 with the #4 SOS.  Wins over Iowa, USF, Louisville, ND and UNC. 

ACC is the #2 conference SEC is #3 and Big 12 is #4 but the Big 12 is a 7 bid league with a competitive top of the conference (OU, Texas, ISU) and only 1 or 2 really bad teams (TCU and KSU).  SEC is SC (big gap), LSU, Tenn and then 6 middling teams. Auburn, Florida, Vandy, UK, aggy are all pretty bad.

SEC - 7 in and 2 hosts
Big 12 - 7 in and 2 hosts
ACC - 9 in and 3 hosts
B1G - 7 in and 4 hosts
PAC - 7 in and 3 hosts

I would not pencil in LSU for an auto-berth in the S16 against NC State.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

With 3 games left, who are the frontunners for the Big 12 awards?

POY: Ashley Joens (tied for 1st in scoring in the Big 12 and let's be real, it will be a lifetime achievement award)
FOY:  Littlepage-Buggs (Baylor)
Newcomer of the Year: Shaylee, since Blackwell has been injured, and Morris has missed a few conference games
6th Person of the Year: No idea - I could make an argument for Taylor Jones - 60% FG, 8.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 19 blocks in conference games with no starts

Coach of the Year: Hoyt - OSU was picked to finish 9th! They are tied for 3rd with 3 games to go

I wonder where OU would finish in the Big 12 if the top tier teams were fully healthy? 

Iowa State (Soares)

Texas (Moore and now Morris)

Baylor (Blackwell and Edwards)

My guess is OU would be the 4th best team in the Big 12 and talk about some crazy luck this season. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I wonder where OU would finish in the Big 12 if the top tier teams were fully healthy? 

Iowa State (Soares)

Texas (Moore and now Morris)

Baylor (Blackwell and Edwards)

My guess is OU would be the 4th best team in the Big 12 and talk about some crazy luck this season. 

Honestly, don't forget Ayoka Lee.  94-65 L to KSU with Lee last year.

No. 19/20 Texas (21-7, 12-3 Big 12) at No. 13/11 Oklahoma (22-4, 12-3 Big 12)
Saturday, February 25, 2023 – 1:00 p.m. Central  Game 29
Lloyd Noble Center – Norman, Okla.

TELEVISION: The game will be streamed on ESPN+. Chad McKee (pxp) and Dan Hughes (analyst) will have the call.
RADIO: The game will be carried on 105.3 FM in Austin. Roger Wallace (pxp) and Kathy Harston (analyst) will call the action. The broadcast streamed on TexasSports.Com.

Oklahoma Players to Watch
Madi Williams, Oklahoma's top scorer, is averaging 16.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game. Skylar Vann leads the Sooners with 6.9 rebounds per game and adds 10.9 points, while Nevaeh Tot paces the team with 3.9 assists and averages 8.2 points. Taylor Robertson paces Oklahoma's three-point shooting efforts, hitting 2.7 treys per game while connecting on 44 percent of her shots from beyond the arc.

Oklahoma Schedule:    
@ West Virginia     W98-77     
Vs Baylor     L81-70     
vs Iowa State    W82-79
@ Texas Tech    W89-79     
Vs Kansas    W80-74
@ TCU           W93-66
Vs Oklahoma State  W97-93     

@ Texas    L78-58
@ Iowa State     L86-78

Vs TCU     W101-78     
Vs West Virginia    W93-68     
@ Baylor     W98-92 OT
@ Kansas State    W85-68     
Vs Texas Tech     W84-57
@ Kansas    W86-80     

Vs Texas
Vs Kansas State
@ Oklahoma State  

This will be a tough lift, especially if Sonya can't go.

24 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Lmao Miami I hope the Instagram twins were worth it

17-11, 10-7 in the ACC. Projected last four bye

Haley was worth it. 12.9 ppg. 41% from 3. 4.5 boards. 92% FT. 68 assists and 21 steals. 30 mpg as a starter 

Hannah 3.7 ppg, 26% from 3, 1.5 boards, 44 assists and 14 steals in 17 mpg off the bench