Empire of Light. Mendes wins another Oscar.

Parliament

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Canceled in the cancel culture sense. It’s the movie Sam Mendes won an Oscar for directing, but they won’t even use it in his bio.  And I don’t have to endure the pain of accidentally seeing it while I flip channels anymore. 

Are you just watching OTA channels? It's on Netflix and two HBO channels this week. I have IPTV with every movie channel possible and AB is on constantly. One of the UK SkyTV movie channels was running it recently. 

19 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Canceled in the cancel culture sense. It’s the movie Sam Mendes won an Oscar for directing, but they won’t even use it in his bio.  And I don’t have to endure the pain of accidentally seeing it while I flip channels anymore. 

That and it's an overrated movie.

• Hook 'Em 1

road to perdition and revolutionary road are great.  away we go is underrated.  plenty to mention while still avoiding american beauty.  but that movie is also 23 years old so that might be part of it.  maybe they wanted to keep with brit-centric overlap.

Road to Perdition is a masterpiece
  • Like 2