Missouri is gone and there’s no coming back

Pancho

On 4/9/2023 at 11:35 AM, Chooky said:

If Timothy McVeigh had been able to exercise more delay on appeals he might have had a chance of becoming a Senator. But he definitely would've had a wildly popular podcast. Don't forget to subscribe and smash that like button. Hit up those notifications and check out our Patreon. Use promo code "Go Boom" to get 20% off on a case of Jihad Aloha Juice.

I'm stunned, every fucking day, by the number of people in this state who have no recollection of McVeigh or the Murrah Building or any of that shit. I didn't even live here at the time and I fucking remember it.

Timothy McVeigh would absolutely win the governor race as a Republican in Oklahoma at any point from 2010 onwards.

18 hours ago, YGIFS said:

because of that agitative Missourian, Mark Twain?  

Hey, William S. Burroughs and T.S. Eliot were no slouches.

wow, a literal defunding flex.  Bold move considering it's already one of the 10 dumbest fucking states.  

Eh, #10 on average SAT scores.  It's not all Winter's Bone (but it's getting close).

Yeah, forgot about Burroughs.  He's just as controversial as Twain.  I think Eliot is probably safe.  For now.  

And yes, they have historically been "okay" when it came to education.  But they see hell bent on destroying that.  It's all a contest of one-ups-manship to stupidity and the game is on.  For many states.  And only children will suffer. 

My wife's family is from Kansas and goes back generations from the Volga.  I don't necessarily want to go back there, but we have started to seriously discuss, not just sarcastically (as Lobo is wont to do) about leaving "the South."  If we do it, we have to do it soon because our oldest has some coping and sensory issues and uprooting her will only be more difficult for her the older she gets.  Younger one could move to Nepal tomorrow and be like, "Yeah man, this fucking rocks!"  Wife's skill set would be in demand anywhere in North America as a bilingual speech-therapist.  I can kinda do what I do remotely but would just have to travel a lot more.  But this pissing contest of being the most cruel and stupid is gonna last until the end of the decade, maybe a bit longer.  And on top of that, some bad news is gonna happen to those same disciples when Trump loses again and then again when he dies (not necessarily in that order), and I really don't want to be around for the ensuing bloodbath.  

In the summer of 2020, I said that Trump would get very sick between the convention and the election and possibly die.  And got all kinds of angry replies from his supporters telling me I was an asshole and was wrong.  He ended up getting Covid in that Autumn and almost died.  Then I said I was strongly thinking of taking my family down to my uncle's place in Costa Rice to wait out in the transfer of power in January of 2021 because it would get ugly in a hurry in our country.  And every DT fucker told me I was a drama queen pussy.  And January 6th happened.  

Trump will be in courtrooms a lot in the next year.  But understand, he will never see the inside of a jail cell.  Ever.  But the toll of the cases against him, and the grind of campaigning and grifting.  All of it will cost him the next election and even his own life.  And 25mm will not be able to come to terms with that and every hyperbolic line of bullshit I ever spewed will be visited upon this country ten-fold.  And I don't think I want to be in Texas for it.  Maybe not in the United States at all.  I don't think most people realize the drug these people have been fed.  They're not gonna just quit it cold-turkey, overnight.

"I do know 12 years olds that were married off to adults, and guess what?  They're still married."

(checks notes) Kid is now 16 and legally unable to file for divorce because they can't enter into a contract with a divorce attorney.

Wow, interesting fucking flex Mizzou.  Show Me State going hard to the paint to outpace fuckery in Ohio, Florida, and Texas.  

anybody know the name of the rep. who was the one on the other side of this floor debate?  I'd like to pay him a visit.

"I do know 12 years olds that were married off to adults, and guess what?  They're still married."
(checks notes) Kid is now 16 and legally unable to file for divorce because they can't enter into a contract with a divorce attorney.
Wow, interesting fucking flex Mizzou.  Show Me State going hard to the paint to outpace fuckery in Ohio, Florida, and Texas.  
anybody know the name of the rep. who was the one on the other side of this floor debate?  I'd like to pay him a visit.
“Do you know any kids who have been married at age 12? I do. And guess what? They’re still married,” state Sen. Mike Moon, an Ash Grove Republican, said Tuesday evening in response to questioning by state Rep. Peter Meredith, a St. Louis Democrat."

https://amp.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article274244525.html