2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

40 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I was wondering wtf she was talking about with the prosecuting banks

Probably that she secured the largest settlement. Would rather see Mnuchin in jail tho 

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

Kamala needs to show that she's got more than grilling the shit out of someone who is unable to fight back. That's the only situation in which she has ever really impressed, and I don't think that's even really presidential anyway. Then she gets in a one on one situation and there's a lot of "um well um you see...".

Although it would be kind of funny if going forward, whoever curb stomps Biden gets a huge bump in the polls. 

Harris's lack of articulation is stunning.   She issues caveats that do not relate to the question, or her answer.  She starts stammering regularly when she gets to her third sentence.   Her true beliefs have not been intellegently stated 4 months into her campaign.  That is not true of most candidates.

She has only excelled at criticising other people.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Probably that she secured the largest settlement. Would rather see Mnuchin in jail tho 

She signed onto a national settlement agreement that was basically a scam.

---------------------------------------------
The national mortgage settlement only included $5 billion in actual hard dollars: $3.5 billion to the states, and another $1.5 billion in “sorry you illegally lost your home” checks for foreclosure victims. The checks totaled $1,480 each, barely a month’s rent in California. As for the state relief, Harris and her fellow negotiators never mandated that the money go toward helping homeowners. So, like many others, California Gov. Jerry Brown purloined most of the state’s $410 million share to fill holes in the budget. Years later, private litigants sued the state for robbing the settlement fund and won, but the state has yet to return the money, years after it could have done much good.

When Harris talks about how she “won $20 billion” for the state, she isn’t referring to those hard-dollar provisions. She means the consumer relief portion of the settlement, which were credits given to banks for assisting struggling homeowners with their mortgages. The credits were lower than the raw dollar figure, but Harris always highlights the higher number. In addition, banks could modify loans they serviced on behalf of investors, who took the actual hit. This means that banks paid much of their fine with other people’s money.
---------------------------------------------

Kamala had 297k Q2 donors. ($12M - $43/donor)

For reference...

Joe: 252k Q2 donors ($21.6M - $85.71/donor)
Pete: 294k Q2 donors ($24.8M - $84.35/donor)
Bernie: ~1M Q2 donors ($18M - $18/donor)

Need Warren's numbers to round out the Big Kids' Table figures.

42 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Kamala had 297k Q2 donors. ($12M - $43/donor)

For reference...

Joe: 252k Q2 donors ($21.6M - $85.71/donor)
Pete: 294k Q2 donors ($24.8M - $84.35/donor)
Bernie: ~1M Q2 donors ($18M - $18/donor)

Need Warren's numbers to round out the Big Kids' Table figures.

Pete’s money numbers look great but his poll numbers don’t match. Largest disparity between the 2. 

31 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Pete’s money numbers look great but his poll numbers don’t match. Largest disparity between the 2. 

In the business we call that "Big JEB! Energy".

30 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Genius Joe. Genius. Truly big brain smarts. Nobody 15-20 years younger who could sit for 2 decades longer while the older conservative bloc dies? 

Biden is like Trump in that you can't actually satirize him.

"Biden is going to re-nominate Merrick Garland" is like a bitter joke Tweet I would write.

Joe and Donald are too stupid to insult.

My GOD I hate this man.

I think the field might whittle down by the third debates for a more manageable situation for voters to really focus.  Candidates will need to be polling at least 2% in four distinct polls after June 28th to I think August 28, 130k donors, and at least 400 donors in 20 states.  I think both the polling and number of donors might shut out a decent number of people by late August if their traction does not change.

400k donors is a HELL OF a result. Going from $6M raised (Q1) to $19M raised (Q2) is a HELL OF a result.

I'm not sure why you act like Liz's Q2 success is some kind of accomplishment for you personally, my libertarian friend, but it's not. You're still a flaming hot pile of garbage and her high quality and success do not change it.

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

You’ve done the whole “running for President to raise your profile and grift that sweet sweet cash” thing wrong when it only takes one debate before everyone responds with trying to primary you and make you go away forever. 

"Our donors went up but our poll numbers did not." 

CC: Beto, Klobuchar, Booker and the other 20 people who need to GTFO. 

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Swalwell is dropping out because there is a challenge for his seat from the left. lol of course

He raised his profile and didn't wholly embarrass himself.  He has won his last two primaries and election with 70% of the vote and Pelosi will ensure he gets support and money.  He also is young and gives a shit (probably to enrich himself), unlike Joe Crowley who made almost no effort to keep his nomination.  Good luck to Wahab, because she's going to need it.

19 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol Poor Jay

”Which 2020 Democratic candidate would you most like to have sex with?”

http://twitter.com/thefrizzelle/status/1146491152310214656

Hmmm... as a straight, single 48-year-old male who's not above a no-strings-political-attachment, I'd like to point out that there are more options than Kamala, Lizzie, and Kirsten on the board and would be remiss in not pointing out that Tulsi should also be a viable choice.

19 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol Poor Jay

”Which 2020 Democratic candidate would you most like to have sex with?”

http://twitter.com/thefrizzelle/status/1146491152310214656

Hmmm... as a straight, single 48-year-old male who's not above a no-strings-political-attachment, I'd like to point out that there are more options than Kamala, Lizzie, and Kirsten on the board and would be remiss in not pointing out that Tulsi should also be a viable choice.