2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

Guest Lobo

I'd go with Williamson.  She has "Down to Clown in PoundTown" written all over her.  And i'm guessing someone that anti-vaxx doesn't give much of a shit about condoms.  

Edited by Lobo

So Team Biden is now running with “Kamala thinks Joe is a racist?” Even Dr. Jill is getting involved  

She prefaced her remarks at the debate twice with “I don’t think you’re racist.” Does she have to scream it louder? Maybe his old ass couldn’t hear her. 

14 hours ago, Message Board User said:

I agree with her point that the attack from the cop lady was disingenuous given that they are both cool with segregation, Biden is just more transparent about his position.  

Saying, "I don't think you're racist, but..." is absolutely one way of calling someone racist and/or planting that idea in peoples' heads. There was no reason for Kamala to lead with that accusation/denial; it was a patently transparent political knife (i.e., it's Kamala Harris).

She wasn't responding to someone else's accusation that Joe is a racist. She purposefully attached that label to him in that moment in front of 18M people.

"Js1, I don't think you molest children, but..."

-------------------------

The New Yorker article about Hunter Biden makes me want to strangle someone.

This guy is an OBVIOUS douchebag but the media elites are so in the tank for these assholes that they try make his child-of-power dilettante existence some kind of hero story. This fucking loser is pathetic.

Reality: Hunter is clearly a spoiled brat who has been drinking and doing coke since high school. He's never done anything that doesn't trade on his dad's fame and power. He made his money lobbying for scumbags. We all know this guy.

The Article: Hunter is a well-intentioned, hard-working victim of mental illness and circumstance. He has had to struggle his entire life

Hunter got the job, then sold the Delaware house for roughly twice what he’d paid for it and moved his family to a rental home in the Tenleytown neighborhood of Washington. Hunter and Kathleen sent Naomi and Finnegan—and later Maisy, who was born in 2000—to Sidwell Friends, one of Washington’s most exclusive and expensive schools. Hunter’s salary barely covered the rent, the school fees, and his family’s living expenses. “I’ve pretty much always lived paycheck to paycheck,” Hunter told me. “I never considered it struggling, but it has always been a high-wire act.”

One year tuition at Sidwell is $40k

This poor man :(

Hunter was concerned about his future as a lobbyist, and his financial worries increased in 2006, when he bought a $1.6-million house in an affluent neighborhood. Without the savings for a down payment, he took out a mortgage for a hundred and ten per cent of the purchase price.

I'm weeping.

Oh, and Joe is an emotional tyrant to his staff.

The former senior White House aide told me that Hunter’s behavior invited questions about whether he “was leveraging access for his benefit, which just wasn’t done in that White House. Optics really mattered, and that seemed to be cutting it pretty close, even if nothing nefarious was going on.” When I asked members of Biden’s staff whether they discussed their concerns with the Vice-President, several of them said that they had been too intimidated to do so. “Everyone who works for him has been screamed at,” a former adviser told me. Others said that they were wary of hurting his feelings. One business associate told me that Biden, during difficult conversations about his family, “got deeply melancholy, which, to me, is more painful than if someone yelled and screamed at me. It’s like you’ve hurt him terribly. That was always my fear, that I would be really touching a very fragile part of him.”

This fucking loser...

A few months later, Hunter received a letter saying that his urinalysis had detected cocaine in his system. Under Navy rules, a positive drug test typically triggers a discharge. Hunter wrote a letter to the Navy Reserve, saying that he didn’t know how the drug had got into his system and suggesting that the cigarettes he’d smoked outside the bar might have been laced with cocaine. 

That summer, Ashley Madison, a dating service for married people—which used the slogan “Life is short. Have an affair”—disclosed that hackers had breached its user data. In late August, Breitbart reported that it had found a “Robert Biden” profile among the leaked files. Hunter denied that the account belonged to him, but Kathleen was deeply embarrassed by the story.

Just a piece of shit.

God, this article makes me sick.

IMAGINE if this fucking piece of shit wasn't a white child of privilege.

Hunter said that, at that point, he had not slept for several days. Driving east on Interstate 10, just beyond Palm Springs, he lost control of his car, which jumped the median and skidded to a stop on the shoulder of the westbound side. He called Hertz, which came to collect the damaged car and gave him a second rental. Later, on a sharp bend on a mountainous road, Hunter recalled, a large barn owl flew over the hood of the car and then seemed to follow him, dropping in front of the headlights. He said that he has no idea whether the owl was real or a hallucination. On the night of October 28th, Hunter dropped the car off at a Hertz office in Prescott, Arizona, and Grace Grove sent a van to pick him up.

Zachary Romfo, who worked at the Hertz office in Prescott, told me that he found a crack pipe in the car and, on one of the consoles, a line of white-powder residue. Beau Biden’s attorney-general badge was on the dashboard. Hertz called the Prescott police department, and officers there filed a “narcotics offense” report, listing the items seized from the car, including a plastic baggie containing a “white powdery substance,” a Secret Service business card, credit cards, and Hunter’s driver’s license. Later, according to a police report, Secret Service agents informed Prescott police that Hunter was “secure/well.” Subsequent test results indicated that the glass pipe contained cocaine residue, but investigators didn’t find any fingerprints on it. Public prosecutors in the county and the city declined to bring a case against Hunter, citing a lack of evidence that the pipe had been used by him.

I lost count of the number of resort retreats and spas Hunter went to for rehab. They seriously must have spent MILLIONS on rehab for this guy.

Throughout the article, you hear basically nothing from his ex-wife or anyone from her side. It is wall-to-wall image management for a pathetic, loser son.

On December 9, 2016, Kathleen filed for divorce, and on February 23, 2017, she filed a motion in D.C. Superior Court seeking to freeze Hunter’s assets, alleging that he “created financial concerns for the family by spending extravagantly on his own interests (including drugs, alcohol, prostitutes, strip clubs, and gifts for women with whom he has sexual relations), while leaving the family with no funds to pay legitimate bills.” The motion was leaked to the New York Post, along with the revelation that Hunter and Hallie were dating.

Kathleen told friends that she felt ostracized by the Biden family. Hunter denied hiring prostitutes, and said that he hadn’t been to a strip club in years. But, he said, the evening the story was published, “I went directly to a strip club. I said, ‘Fuck them.’ ”

This guy is a huge embarrassment.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

This guy is an OBVIOUS douchebag but the media elites are so in the tank for these assholes that they try make his child-of-power dilettante existence some kind of hero story. This fucking loser is pathetic. 

Reality: Hunter is clearly a spoiled brat who has been drinking and doing coke since high school. He's never done anything that doesn't trade on his dad's fame and power. He made his money lobbying for scumbags. We all know this guy.

So if Hunter Biden ran in a few years, he'd be the front runner? 

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Makes sense, thanks for sharing.

Warren and Harris probably don't have enough broad support from moderates and are seen as too far left on issues such as Medicare for All. 

Explain Sanders consistently beating Trump since 2015 polling

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Saying, "I don't think you're racist, but..." is absolutely one way of calling someone racist and/or planting that idea in peoples' heads. There was no reason for Kamala to lead with that accusation/denial; it was a patently transparent political knife (i.e., it's Kamala Harris).

She wasn't responding to someone else's accusation that Joe is a racist. She purposefully attached that label to him in that moment in front of 18M people.

Oh bullshit.

Team Joe is definitely trying to get sympathy by making it seem like he was being called a racist on stage.  It reads "how dare this black woman criticize me, beloved Vice President Joe Biden, and hurt my status as the frontrunner."  Then he goes and skips Essence Fest so he doesn't have to face the music with the most critical voting bloc in the Democratic primary. 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So if Hunter Biden ran in a few years, he'd be the front runner? 

Oh shit, I think I just spoke into existence Hunter Biden versus Donald Trump Jr. in 2028. 🤢

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh bullshit.

Team Joe is definitely trying to get sympathy by making it seem like he was being called a racist on stage.  It reads "how dare this black woman criticize me, beloved Vice President Joe Biden, and hurt my status as the frontrunner."  Then he goes and skips Essence Fest so he doesn't have to face the music with the most critical voting bloc in the Democratic primary. 

Two true statements that do not contradict.

True Statement #1: Kamala Harris is a duplicitous piece of shit who attached "racist" to Joe Biden and knew she was doing that. She's a prosecutor/cop/politician. She doesn't take a shit without thinking through the political implications. Leading with "I don't think you're racist, but" is a very shitty way to start that line of attack and she ABSOLUTELY intended to put "Joe Biden" and "racist" together while maintaining an ability to say, "Oh I didn't say he was racist."

True Statement #2: Joe Biden is an entitled, arrogant, out-of-touch white moron who was happy to work with and praise white supremacists because it suited his goals and lust for power and recognition. He is incapable of seeing his own bullshit and he genuinely believes he's a noble hero when he's actually just a clown.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Two true statements that do not contradict.

True Statement #1: Kamala Harris is a duplicitous piece of shit who attached "racist" to Joe Biden and knew she was doing that. She's a prosecutor/cop/politician. She doesn't take a shit without thinking through the political implications. Leading with "I don't think you're racist, but" is a very shitty way to start that line of attack and she ABSOLUTELY intended to put "Joe Biden" and "racist" together while maintaining an ability to say, "Oh I didn't say he was racist."

True Statement #2: Joe Biden is an entitled, arrogant, out-of-touch white moron who was happy to work with and praise white supremacists because it suited his goals and lust for power and recognition. He is incapable of seeing his own bullshit and he genuinely believes he's a noble hero when he's actually just a clown.

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"Js1, I don't think you molest children, but..."

-------------------------

The New Yorker article about Hunter Biden makes me want to strangle someone.

The Article: Hunter is a well-intentioned, hard-working victim of mental illness and circumstance. He has had to struggle his entire life

One year tuition at Sidwell is $40k

This poor man :(

I'm weeping.

Oh, and Joe is an emotional tyrant to his staff.

This fucking loser...

Just a piece of shit.

God, this article makes me sick.

IMAGINE if this fucking piece of shit wasn't a white child of privilege.

I lost count of the number of resort retreats and spas Hunter went to for rehab. They seriously must have spent MILLIONS on rehab for this guy.

Throughout the article, you hear basically nothing from his ex-wife or anyone from her side. It is wall-to-wall image management for a pathetic, loser son.

This guy is a huge embarrassment.

You left out the best part of the article: 

On the drive back to Washington, Hunter—moved by the outpouring of support for him and his family at the funeral—told Kathleen that he was thinking about running for public office. She pointed out that he had only recently been discharged from the Navy after testing positive for cocaine. They rode the rest of the way home in silence. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You left out the best part of the article: 

On the drive back to Washington, Hunter—moved by the outpouring of support for him and his family at the funeral—told Kathleen that he was thinking about running for public office. She pointed out that he had only recently been discharged from the Navy after testing positive for cocaine. They rode the rest of the way home in silence. 

Hell yes, I love it.

There's just so much of this guy being an amazing failure but ALWAYS turning out OK because he's the son of a powerful white man.

And the Bidens have convinced themselves that it works out because they are just so pure and full of love and goodness.

I hate these fucking people.

41 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Very well put. I don't have the emotional ties to some of the candidates the way some of you do. I haven't put as much time into getting to know them. My compliments.

Harris' attack was, in my opinion, intended to raise the race issue in an underhanded way. Biden opened the door with his clumsy brag about being able to collaborate even with bad people to reach good ends. Harris exploited the gotcha story. Why are the Dems even talking about segregation now?

I think Joe is past it. Harris seems like someone I should really like, but I'm not moved so far. I was bored by her robo-candidate announcement and this issue hasn't raised my regard for her. My opinion could still be changed. 

Full disclosure: I'm liking Warren more and more. I'm not all-in yet, but she continues to impress.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Very well put. I don't have the emotional ties to some of the candidates the way some of you do. I haven't put as much time into getting to know them. My compliments.

Harris' attack was, in my opinion, intended to raise the race issue in an underhanded way. Biden opened the door with his clumsy brag about being able to collaborate even with bad people to reach good ends. Harris exploited the gotcha story. Why are the Dems even talking about segregation now?

I think Joe is past it. Harris seems like someone I should really like, but I'm not moved so far. I was bored by her robo-candidate announcement and this issue hasn't raised my regard for her. My opinion could still be changed. 

Full disclosure: I'm liking Warren more and more. I'm not all-in yet, but she continues to impress.

I like Harris because of some of the technical aspects of her campaign.  It's like that attack--she didn't spill out her attack the week before like Cory Booker.  She held it until the right moment--when she was onstage with Biden.  And then she deployed it.

It's not that it was a good attack.  It was.  But what really impresses is that it was expertly deployed.

I'm a sucker for good campaigners.  A person who runs a good campaign is almost certainly a good organizer and a good strategic thinker.  And generally, those are two of the biggest things you want from a president.

That's not to say that I am going to end of voting for Harris.  I like all of the candidates, with about three exceptions.  But I do really appreciate how Harris and Warren are campaigning thus far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

CNN Debate Panel:  Tapper, Bash, Lemon

Cool cool cool.  Fuck Don Lemon. 

I prefer Lemon to Dana Bash. She is the quintessential inside the beltway reporter who treats her job like a big social game - giddy as fuck to be amongst the DC political class and always puts "access" over conscious reporting.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I like Harris because of some of the technical aspects of her campaign.  It's like that attack--she didn't spill out her attack the week before like Cory Booker.  She held it until the right moment--when she was onstage with Biden.  And then she deployed it.

It's not that it was a good attack.  It was.  But what really impresses is that it was expertly deployed.

I'm a sucker for good campaigners.  A person who runs a good campaign is almost certainly a good organizer and a good strategic thinker.  And generally, those are two of the biggest things you want from a president.

That's not to say that I am going to end of voting for Harris.  I like all of the candidates, with about three exceptions.  But I do really appreciate how Harris and Warren are campaigning thus far.

That was definitely a great individual strategic move, but I have to disagree with any suggestion that she's running a good campaign outside of that one moment.  IMO her campaign has otherwise been extremely lackluster, which is why her Q2 fundraising was last by far among the top 5, even though she should have been a natural at this and does big donor fundraising like Pete and Biden.   The sputtering of her campaign before the debate was actually one of the most puzzling aspects of the primary for me so far.  

Maybe she's in the process of turning it around, but she's already had to backtrack on a couple of things since the debate and has continued to looked shaky to me.  The Biden thing is what I'd expect from a quality prosecutor, and she's shown that same skill in the Kavanaugh hearings and other situations in which she essentially gets to cross-examine people.   But I haven't seen "good organizer" from her yet, or even that her strategic thinking has more broader applicability. 

The only two who have run impressive campaigns, in my mind, are Warren and Pete.  Everyone else is either coasting off the past or struggling, with the exception of Kamala's post-Biden bounce.   If she sustains it, though, she'll certainly make that list too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

That was definitely a great individual strategic move, but I have to disagree with any suggestion that she's running a good campaign outside of that one moment.  IMO her campaign has otherwise been extremely lackluster, which is why her Q2 fundraising was last by far among the top 5, even though she should have been a natural at this and does big donor fundraising like Pete and Biden.   The sputtering of her campaign before the debate was actually one of the most puzzling aspects of the primary for me so far.  

Maybe she's in the process of turning it around, but she's already had to backtrack on a couple of things since the debate and has continued to looked shaky to me.  The Biden thing is what I'd expect from a quality prosecutor, and she's shown that same skill in the Kavanaugh hearings and other situations in which she essentially gets to cross-examine people.   But I haven't seen "good organizer" from her yet, or even that her strategic thinking has more broader applicability. 

Pre-debate she basically avoided the spotlight.  Seemed like she was avoiding doing a lot of media interviews (please correct me if I'm wrong). Strategically that ended up being a smart move as well.

She has a lot to answer for regarding her past record as the DA and AG in California, let alone the flip-flopping and vague answers regarding some issues. At some point she will have to answer questions she's not prepared for, and then her response/reaction will be very telling. I don't expect her to come off well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Obama ran an amazing campaign in 2008 but ended up bringing hardly any of his campaign staff with him to the White House and he spent his entire first term trying to be a bipartisan corporate centrist. I'm with you in that I want to see someone who is a smart campaigner but that's not enough.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 4

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Pre-debate she basically avoided the spotlight.  Seemed like she was avoiding doing a lot of media interviews (please correct me if I'm wrong). Strategically that ended up being a smart move as well.

She has a lot to answer for regarding her past record as the DA and AG in California, let alone the flip-flopping and vague answers regarding some issues. At some point she will have to answer questions she's not prepared for, and then her response/reaction will be very telling. I don't expect her to come off well. 

I agree on most of that, but the right strategic move was to get it all out of the way early so that it's old news by the time you need to sustain upward momentum.   It's what Warren did with all the Native American stuff shortly before launching her campaign.  Everyone said the DNA test and the apologies were an awful move, and I argued that it's better to burn out that issue to the max early on.   It'll always be an attack on her, but now she's building her momentum with the NA stuff baked in to the support.  Kamala should have done that too. 

The only counterargument would be if Kamala were dodging while building up a huge war chest, but she didn't do that either. 

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Obama ran an amazing campaign in 2008 but ended up bringing hardly any of his campaign staff with him to the White House and he spent his entire first term trying to be a bipartisan corporate centrist.

So true and so depressing.

fuck

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Obama ran an amazing campaign in 2008 but ended up bringing hardly any of his campaign staff with him to the White House and he spent his entire first term trying to be a bipartisan corporate centrist. I'm with you in that I want to see someone who is a smart campaigner but that's not enough.

Great point.  And not just the political strategy you mention — he also ran the government poorly from an organizational standpoint (under normal standards, not the new Trump standard of epic fail).   Most notably, the failure of the ACA portal website on launch, even though half of Silicon Valley would have built him an amazing site for free (and pretty much did, to rescue the site).  He washed his hands of all details in running government.   Turned out the campaign was all David Plouffe. 

The question then is, which candidate is for real, or will at least continue to rely on the key people? 

I have a couple of friends who have been working for some of these candidates and the general consensus was that Harris is not running an efficient campaign. Her managers all dragged their feet for whatever reason and then watched as the top talents flocked to Biden/Warren/Bernie, and somehow, Booker. 

I know a lot of campaigns are currently waiting and enjoying that Biden is hogging all the criticism. They just want to be around the top for now and then they'll start being more aggressive. But Harris is either running an exaggerated version of this strategy, or dragging her feet. 

As for the debate, we have to remember that she will shine in that moment due to her background as an AG. It's the rest of the campaign that we have to watch for. I got caught up in Harris excitement after that moment as well, but it doesn't say much about her being able to weather criticism or how she will function once (if?) Biden exits. 

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

I agree on most of that, but the right strategic move was to get it all out of the way early so that it's old news by the time you need to sustain upward momentum.   It's what Warren did with all the Native American stuff shortly before launching her campaign.  Everyone said the DNA test and the apologies were an awful move, and I argued that it's better to burn out that issue to the max early on.   It'll always be an attack on her, but now she's building her momentum with the NA stuff baked in to the support.  Kamala should have done that too. 

The only counterargument would be if Kamala were dodging while building up a huge war chest, but she didn't do that either. 

Fair point, but I'd argue that if the dirty laundry from Kamala's DA & AG past were exposed early, it would have practically disqualified her. Now post-debate she has a lot of people saying she's the best to take on Trump (after going after Biden) and some people might be willing to overlook her negatives. 

Warren's Native American controversy will be nothing compared to Kamala's past as a prosecutor, at least in D voters' minds. 

This is gonna be a fun lead-into the Rice game.  Gonna head to Houston after lunch on Friday for the second debate (I assume by that time, it'll be taking on more marquee status and not a random draw from the pool)...and then stick around the Texas/Rice game.  Should be a fun weekend actually.