2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

She has a plan for that.

Reuters poll out today (2200+ sampled):

Biden: 22 (-8)
Useless Joke Of A Candidate Who Should Drop Out and Pass the Torch: 16 (+1)
Harris: 10 (+4)
Warren: 9 (+1)
Beto: 3 (-1)
Pete: 3 (-2)
Don't Know: 21 (+8, hahaha Joebots' programming broke and they're wandering the aisles trying to find another segregationist-kisser to support)

(polls aren't very useful at this point)

She has an overpriced, pastel colored tumbler for that, along with a meal delivery service and a prestige tv series.

Beto's trajectory right now is somewhere between "dumpster" and "rock bottom." 
Just bow out, man.  Have some respect for yourself.  You got pumped up by the media for almost knocking off Cruz, but running for POTUS right now isn't for you. 

It's been about as bad as possible. At this point, his presidential campaign failure would be an active detriment to him dropping out and running for senate. Tough spot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Hey... other candidates... let's see those Q2 #s.

Those are about 400x more interesting than all these polls.

If they’re bad, this afternoon would be the optimal time to release them.

If they’re good, save them for Monday morning or a rainy day when you need the boost.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You just want to know how much Williamson raised. 

11 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

Black women will choose the Democratic nominee.

White males with a high school degree, living in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin will choose the President (with the Dems winning anything remotely resembling a split).

- Right now Biden can attract both those groups but he's a gaffe machine and the hard core Left will undermine him.  Forget Biden.

- Black women dislike homosexuals.  Forget Buttigieg.

- Billy Bob despises Liawatha, and I can't see her being the top choice of Black women.  Forget Spouting Bull.

- Sanders is a nut.  Black women know that.  Forget Bernie.

- Black women will overcome their concerns about Harris and go all in.  She's the nominee.  Book it. 

Will Harris be credible with Billy Bob?  Will she have made insane promises of goodies (e.g. open borders, a $2.6T/yr additional medical spending) in the dogfight to become the nominee?  Will trump get even nuttier?  What will have with major events (e.g. the economy, war, Trump fights, Trump legal issues)?  Flip a coin.

This post confirms that you know nothing about Black women. 

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

If the dems nominate the seggie groper, will Tahoe vote democrat?  Tough decision for him.

No.

"He might be an out of touch, racist old groper, but the federal bureaucracy and judicial selections are the most important thing and I don't think Biden would appoint all the amazingly qualified people that Trump has from the GOP pool of applicants, like I said he would." 

30 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Buttigieg $24.8m

Bernie $24m ($18m raised + $6m transferred)

Bennett $2.8m 

Running Q2 total for Dems = $51.6m

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If there any polls that have actual substance right now, it's the Iowa/NH/SC polls where candidates are actively campaigning and have boots on the ground. 

I'm glad Harris has climbed the polls. Time for people to really dive in and look at her as an overall candidate. Still not impressed. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

December -> March -> June/July

Warren - 9 - 8 - 20
Harris 7 - 9 - 18
Biden 30 - 25 - 17 (LOVE THIS TRAJECTORY!)
Sanders 13 - 17 - 12
Pete n/a - 6 - 10

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Buttigieg $24.8m

Bernie $24m ($18m raised + $6m transferred)

Bennett $2.8m 

Biden $21.5m

Hickenlooper $1m

Running Q2 total for Dems = $74.1m ($68.1m without Bernie's Senate account transfer) 

Updated.

"Ooh, Democrats will never catch up to Trump!" - Twitter hot takes. 

51 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

More stupid national polling with wildly different results!!

The importance of the national polls at this point is to measure movement and weed out the jokers.  All the national polls are indicating this is a five person race (Biden, Kamala, Buttigieg, Bernie, and Warren). 

Months ago I was saying some outsider is going to crack into the top five.  It’s now clear that person is Mayor Pete replacing Beto.  I think the current top five is a good diverse field to choose from for the nomination.  It’s now highly unlikely someone outside of those five will win the nomination. 

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The importance of the national polls at this point is to measure movement and weed out the jokers.  All the national polls are indicating this is a five person race (Biden, Kamala, Buttigieg, Bernie, and Warren). 

Months ago I was saying some outsider is going to crack into the top five.  It’s now clear that person is Mayor Pete replacing Beto.  I think the current top five is a good diverse field to choose from for the nomination.  It’s now highly unlikely someone outside of those five will win the nomination. 

i take exception to this.  

by all accounts, joe biden is a first-rate joker.

I think the biggest sticking point for any eventual Dem Presidential nominee in 2020 will be their support for free healthcare for illegals.  

It might be an economically sound proposal, I don't know, but from a sound bite perspective it was a belt high fastball down the middle of the plate for the GOP.

I don't know how they win moderate/former GOPers, moderate Dems, and Independents with that one.  They've got some splainin' to do to make John Q. Public understand why that's a good thing.

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I think the biggest sticking point for any eventual Dem Presidential nominee in 2020 will be their support for free healthcare for illegals.  

It might be an economically sound proposal, I don't know, but from a sound bite perspective it was a belt high fastball down the middle of the plate for the GOP.

I don't know how they win moderate/former GOPers, moderate Dems, and Independents with that one.  They've got some splainin' to do to make John Q. Public understand why that's a good thing.

Trump is giving free healthcare to illegals right now.  In the concentration camps.  That’s big business. 

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Trumpkins insist on providing healthcare for undocumented immigrants in the most expensive way possible.

It's very strange.

If Trump’s supporters only knew how much of their tax dollars are currently going to housing, feeding, and treating undocumented migrants in the detention facilities.  This is a giant immoral and corrupt business operation funded by billions in tax dollars under the guise of “border security”.  

Do you know what the food service and medical bills look like for a jail?  It’s astronomical and all that money is moving from public to private corporate thugs at the cost of needless human misery and cruelty to children. 

239B7FBD-CD5A-4C51-BC0C-0E6DA0CDC4E2_zps

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If Trump’s supporters only knew how much of their tax dollars are currently going to housing, feeding, and treating undocumented migrants in the detention facilities.  This is a giant immoral and corrupt business operation funded by billions in tax dollars under the guise of “border security”.  

Do you know what the food service and medical bills look like for a jail?  It’s astronomical and all that money is moving from public to private corporate thugs at the cost of needless human misery and cruelty to children. 

239B7FBD-CD5A-4C51-BC0C-0E6DA0CDC4E2_zps

That is a hell of an incentive to never solve the problem.

Edited by David Dennison

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She really is a troll candidate

The third debates need a polling and monetary amount raised (not # of donors) threshold.  Its really easy to troll a candidate into the debate based on # of donors.  Make it a minimum threshold ($5m or so and 5%). 

I kind of want to see Yang continue just to see what he’d wear as debates become old hat for him.  I think flip flops and sunglasses indoors could be on the table by debate 4 or 5.
The 6th debate is on a casual Friday. He should bust out the hawaiian shirt.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

The third debates need a polling and monetary amount raised (not # of donors) threshold.  Its really easy to troll a candidate into the debate based on # of donors.  Make it a minimum threshold ($5m or so and 5%). 

my understanding is that after detroit at the end of the month (2nd debate) the thresholds are raised - in both polling and # of donors.

one more will be a circus, then it should start to get serious.