Bo Knows Hiccups.

Beau Vine

Bo Jackson said Wednesday that he is set to undergo a procedure aimed at ridding him of the hiccups, which he said he’s had for approximately 10 months.

In an interview with the “McElroy and Cubelic in the Morning” radio show that also featured new Auburn football coach Hugh Freeze, Jackson was asked about the statue recently unveiled at the school for fellow Auburn great Frank Thomas.

Jackson explained that he “wasn’t there because of dealing with hiccups.”

“I’ve had the hiccups since last July,” said the 60-year-old Alabama native, “and I’m getting a medical procedure done the end of this week, I think, to try to remedy it.

“I’ve been busy sitting at the hospital, sitting with the doctors poking me, shining lights down my throat, probing me every way they can to find out why I’ve got these hiccups. That’s the only reason I wasn’t there.”

Asked if there had been any progress in solving his issue, Jackson exclaimed, “Hell no. I have done everything — scare me, drink water upside down, smell the a-- of a porcupine — it doesn’t work!”

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think I'd rather get water-boarded for 10 months than have the hiccups for 10 months.

This. I can't stand having the hiccups for 10 minutes. Can't imagine the misery of 10 months.

The only superpower I have is the ability to stop the hiccups if I ever get them. Never lasts more than 3 hiccups. I don't know how I do it, but I just decide "okay, quit doing that" and it stops. Drives my wife nuts as she deals with them for 10-20 minutes at a time and sees me do it once or twice and then nothing.

Not sure what costume Stops Hiccuping Man would wear.

36 minutes ago, Modessit said:

The only superpower I have is the ability to stop the hiccups if I ever get them. Never lasts more than 3 hiccups. I don't know how I do it, but I just decide "okay, quit doing that" and it stops. Drives my wife nuts as she deals with them for 10-20 minutes at a time and sees me do it once or twice and then nothing.

Not sure what costume Stops Hiccuping Man would wear.

That's cool, but I haven't had a single hiccup in at least 20 years.

I can get violent hiccups that last evenings, or day or two. When it's bad it usually involves acid reflux and is extremely painful. 10 months of that and I no shit would probably seriously consider suicide. 

How unevolved. Or you’re part fish.

http://www.wired.com/2008/02/evolution-expla/#:~:text=Amphibian%20brain%20stems%20emit%20similar,same%20phenomenon%20as%20gill%20breathing.