Bryce Young 6 feet
Jalen Hurts 6’1
Sam Howell 6’1
Mishew Gardner 6’1
Deshaun Watson 6’2
Geno Smith 6’2
Lamar Jackson 6’2
Jimmy Garappalo 6’2

Every single one of these dudes currently start in the NFL , the trend of short QBs is on the rise with all the spread, so if anything we should be excited, he is targeting athletic guys who are locket passers and that’s what’s excelling in the new league. Sark knows WTF he is doing, now he just needs to coach better in the second half and we have the next great coach. Plus the kids like 15 , it’s probably pretty safe to say he will fill out some and grow another inch or two. 🤘🏽 I hope like hell this kid sticks, if so it will show Texas is for real going in to SEC country and plucking top QBs. Top QBs = Wins, how many top QBs in the NFL were not big time winners in college ?
Edited by MrRogue

33 minutes ago, MrRogue said:

NFL Starting QBs similar to KJ Lacy’s Height/Weight

Kyler Murray
Brick Purdy 6’1
Baker Mayfield 6 feet
Tua Tagovailoa 6 feet
Russel Wilson 5’10
Bryce Young 6 feet
Jalen Hurts 6’1
Sam Howell 6’1
Mishew Gardner 6’1
Deshaun Watson 6’2
Geno Smith 6’2
Lamar Jackson 6’2
Jimmy Garappalo 6’2

Every single one of these dudes currently start in the NFL , the trend of short QBs is on the rise with all the spread, so if anything we should be excited, he is targeting athletic guys who are locket passers and that’s what’s excelling in the new league. Sark knows WTF he is doing, now he just needs to coach better in the second half and we have the next great coach. Plus the kids like 15 , it’s probably pretty safe to say he will fill out some and grow another inch or two. 🤘🏽 I hope like hell this kid sticks, if so it will show Texas is for real going in to SEC country and plucking top QBs. Top QBs = Wins, how many top QBs in the NFL were not big time winners in college ?

But most of those guys suck. The only quality QBs in your list are Jalen Hurts, who may be shorter than average but is built like a linebacker, Russel Wilson who used to be great but sucks now, and Lamar Jackson who used to be great but may or may not suck now. I also don't think 6'2" is too short to be effective. Also, Bryce Young is 5'10"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrRogue said:

NFL Starting QBs similar to KJ Lacy’s Height/Weight

Kyler Murray
Brick Purdy 6’1
Baker Mayfield 6 feet
Tua Tagovailoa 6 feet
Russel Wilson 5’10
Bryce Young 6 feet
Jalen Hurts 6’1
Sam Howell 6’1
Mishew Gardner 6’1
Deshaun Watson 6’2
Geno Smith 6’2
Lamar Jackson 6’2
Jimmy Garappalo 6’2

Kid is a soph. He is 6'1" and has 2 more years before he arrives. Its a bit early to wonder if he is an inch or 2 too short. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Off the top of my head? Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, Justin Herbert, Brock Purdy, Kirk Cousins, ... 

Aaron Rodgers, Purdy, and Cousins all led their schools to the most successful seasons at their respective schools in recent memory. I think they would be considered big winners relative to the colleges they attended. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Off the top of my head? Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, Justin Herbert, Brock Purdy, Kirk Cousins, ... 

they were all on elite offensive teams, yes they played at a bad school that gave up a billion points a game. Otherwise the offense’s were all on point, every single one of them.  

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

But most of those guys suck. The only quality QBs in your list are Jalen Hurts, who may be shorter than average but is built like a linebacker, Russel Wilson who used to be great but sucks now, and Lamar Jackson who used to be great but may or may not suck now. I also don't think 6'2" is too short to be effective. Also, Bryce Young is 5'10"

They are starting QBs in the NFL but they suck? 🤔 

6 minutes ago, MrRogue said:

They are starting QBs in the NFL but they suck? 🤔 

Most of them are shitty starting NFL QBs. Yes. None of those guys on your list are going to win you a championship, except potentially Hurts. Maybe Bryce Young too, but we've never seen him play a down of NFL football.

Yes there is a trend of NFL execs willing to take a chance on QBs who are under 6'2". But the recent data isn't supporting that to be a good decision. Shorter QBs can be amazing in college. We haven't had a lot of shorter QBs be successful in the NFL. Brees, Russell Wilson and Steve Young are the only three guys 6' and under who have won a Super Bowl since at least 1980. While this may be a trend, it's not one that has shown a strong correlation to NFL success. The Browns and the Cardinals are absolutely fucked because they wasted #1 overall picks on Mayfield and Murray. Maybe they suck because they went to OU? But their height ain't helping them. 

That being said I'm bullish on KJ Lacey and think he could be a damn fine college QB for us even if he doesn't grow any taller (although I think he will). 

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Hilariously, this is all with the understanding that Kyle Flood would be damn thrilled to be starting a pair of 6’6 guards (isn’t Stroh 6’7?) in front of Lacey. I’m not concerned, but it’s funny. 

Well he'd start Cyclopes at guard if he could get away with it.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, irishtexan said:

The Browns and the Cardinals are absolutely fucked because they wasted #1 overall picks on Mayfield and Murray. Maybe they suck because they went to OU? But their height ain't helping them. 

That being said I'm bullish on KJ Lacey and think he could be a damn fine college QB for us even if he doesn't grow any taller (although I think he will). 

Ummm…

The Browns are loaded with talent and if Deshaun Watson plays anything like he did in Houston, they are going to give Cincy a run for the division championship and could make it to the Conference Championship game his year. 

Arizona, on the other hand, is fucked. 

I’m only 5’11 and I played quarterback in high school. People said I was too short to play but I was All-district my senior year, led us to a state title, became a 5 star recruit and eventually went on to a 10 year NFL career. It can be done.

• Hook 'Em 2