Texas Women’s Basketball 2023-2024: Handing out ass whoopins and lollipops, and we’re all out of lollipops

Pancho

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic is such a damn good coach. I expected us to still be a fringe top-25ish team without Harmon but not this good. 

3 minutes ago, Hondo said:

#50 for KSU just barrels into the scrum for rebounds.  Those are fouls.

I hate how K-State plays. They try to match out physicality by just fouling and they still get away with more than they should. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

This commentator is openly rooting for KSU.

Holle!

In every sport, women's and men's, this has been the year for every announcing crew to not-so-subtly root for our opponent. More than usual, I mean. I'm sure it's been orchestrated by the emasculated commish. 

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

The Big 12 should just be thankful we had no Harmon or we probably wouldn't have lost a game all Big 12 play. 

This team could still get really far, but damn, this was as good of a year as ever with Rori playing.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

I hate how K-State plays. They beg for fouls all game inside for Lee while everyone else on their team fouls the fuck out of players. 

If they actually called fouls on Lee, she’d be DQ by the 3rd Q

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

In hindsight, it benefited us that Booker didn’t play as many minutes as expected today given we play again tomorrow and she’ll be asked to play near 40 mins again assuming no foul trouble 

Yep. Booker only played 26 minutes. 11 for Jones

Poor Shaylee and Shay (40 each) and 35 for Moore. 26 for Gaston 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Out of all the potential 1s, yes.  Want nothing to do with SC (obviously) or Iowa (their 3 point shooting scares me and Clark can go nuclear). Stanford always scares me with their length with Brink and their shooting with Jump and Tara is such a good coach.   And she works the refs when it comes to games with Texas - she hates Vic's physical style of play. 

I actually really want a Booker-JuJu matchup in the Elite 8.  That would be a rating bonanza. 

Now that the game posts are over- I think holle is the X factor against Iowa and Clark.  She can chase her all around and bother her.  I know zero about Iowa but if she has any struggle scoring and playmaking I bet they have a tough time winning. 

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We need Holle to be a bit more aggressive offensively like the end of the game. I know that's not her role but she can score and teams are over helping on Booker now. 

The prime directive is to get it inside so the guards defer to the post players but Holle can fucking score.

Seems pretty clear what Vic's identity is now with this team. 

We are going really big with Booker (who is really a 4) and then two bigs. We aren't shooting many 3s and pounding the ball inside. Defensively we are physical and big but it's going to be interesting how Vic adjusts against a team with a bunch of quick guards. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Now that the game posts are over- I think holle is the X factor against Iowa and Clark.  She can chase her all around and bother her.  I know zero about Iowa but if she has any struggle scoring and playmaking I bet they have a tough time winning. 

I’d actually prefer USC because they do not have elite PG play. Texas’ defense would cause a lot of havoc. And tbh, Gottleib is a so-so X and O coach. Vic would scheme laps around her. 

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We're playing the Hawkeyes?

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

We're playing the Hawkeyes?

Well it’s an extension of which 1 seed’s regional we want to be in

ISU, it’s going to about containing their defensive tackle Crook and not giving up wide open threes because ISU can shoot it