Texas Women’s Basketball 2023-2024: Handing out ass whoopins and lollipops, and we’re all out of lollipops

Pancho

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

4 for 12 from the line. 33% good gawd.

need to get back on D as well

Playing these G5 schools actually gives Texas more issues with the press because they have all these smaller players. 

But it's a losing strategy because trying to run with this Texas team leads to easy baskets off turnovers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Just imagine when Texas gets Gaston and Moore back. Only question is who loses minutes? Faye probably? 

Yeah, I don’t know. Good problem to have I guess. I think Moore will have to earn her place again, she’s been out so long.

Won’t be as worried about foul trouble down low like we have been in the past.

1 minute ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Feels weird not to hate the Baylor coach.

Yeah, I really dislike Gerlich and Fennelly and find myself respecting Collen and Baranczyk. They both speak pretty highly of Vic and Texas when we play - unlike the other 2. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TommysTinyTowels said:

Codio showing some signs! Nice to see, but I cringe seeing all those knee braces out there.

You’ll never see this lineup but we could probably have a Maul-Codio-Shaylee-Moore lineup of knee braces lol

• Haha 1

It's early but:

Rori 50% (5-10) - 56.2% last year, so not much of a difference. Her FT shooting as a freshman was exceptional (73.3%) but she's been steadily going downhill 
Booker 67% (2-3)
Muhammad 50% (6-12) - 44% last year, so she's doing better!
Jones 43.8% (7-16) - 67.1% last year, so she's struggling
Holle 16.7% (1-6) - 61.3% last year, so she's REALLY struggling, but was 46.2% the year before
Faye 75% (3-4) - 69.3% last year, so she's doing better
Jak 50% (2-4) - 69.8% last year, so worse

Team is currently missing Gaston (69% last year and 68.3% the year before) and Moore (71.7% last year in limited time and 67.% as a freshman).  Also Shaylee hasn't shot any FTs yet, she was 86.2% last year.

Moral of the story - get the ball in the hands of Booker, Faye or Shaylee late in close games, and maybe Gaston and Moore once they are back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

It's early but:

Rori 50% (5-10) - 56.2% last year, so not much of a difference. Her FT shooting as a freshman was exceptional (73.3%) but she's been steadily going downhill 
Booker 67% (2-3)
Muhammad 50% (6-12) - 44% last year, so she's doing better!
Jones 43.8% (7-16) - 67.1% last year, so she's struggling
Holle 16.7% (1-6) - 61.3% last year, so she's REALLY struggling, but was 46.2% the year before
Faye 75% (3-4) - 69.3% last year, so she's doing better
Jak 50% (2-4) - 69.8% last year, so worse

Team is currently missing Gaston (69% last year and 68.3% the year before) and Moore (71.7% last year in limited time and 67.% as a freshman).  Also Shaylee hasn't shot any FTs yet, she was 86.2% last year.

Moral of the story - get the ball in the hands of Booker, Faye or Shaylee late in close games, and maybe Gaston and Moore once they are back. 

Thanks for compiling that for us.

I know Vic will have a good gameplan defensively.

Defending them is still going to be hard, but we can match up to them height wise at every position but PG.  Muhl has 5 inches on Rori.  We have a small height advantage on 6'1 Griffin (G/F) with Amina at 6'4.  Jones and Faye have an inch on Edwards in the post.

We somehow only lost @ UConn last year, without Rori, by 7.

Faye and Gaston only played a combined 17 minutes. Jak won't play 22 minutes. And obviously no Sonya Morris (21 points, 5-10 from 3)

• Hook 'Em 1