Texas Women’s Basketball 2023-2024: Handing out ass whoopins and lollipops, and we’re all out of lollipops

Pancho

In the presser Vic was asked about Hadi and he said:

“its safe to say she’s day to day, she was evaluated today and she’ll get evaluated again tomorrow, we do know it’s nothing too serious so I’m hopeful that we will have her back by the weekend."

Sounds like good news, could really use her against UConn.

• Like 1

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

In the presser Vic was asked about Hadi and he said:

“its safe to say she’s day to day, she was evaluated today and she’ll get evaluated again tomorrow, we do know it’s nothing too serious so I’m hopeful that we will have her back by the weekend."

Sounds like good news, could really use her against UConn.

That is good news.  Hoping she'll be back. 

I know Gaston has been cleared but she didn't get any time, not even garbage time, today. 

Not expecting to see her until Long Beach on Dec 6 now. 

Faye's minutes are going to be interesting because it looks like Vic wants to play Moore at the 5. 

You have 80 minutes between Jones, Moore, Booker, Gaston, and Faye. I think ideally against good teams we will want to give Jones and Booker around 30 minutes a game at the 4 and 5. 

That leaves what 20 minutes for other players at the 4 and 5? 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Faye's minutes are going to be interesting because it looks like Vic wants to play Moore at the 5. 

You have 80 minutes between Jones, Moore, Booker, Gaston, and Faye. I think ideally against good teams we will want to give Jones and Booker around 30 minutes a game at the 4 and 5. 

Booker not a 4, did you mean Muhammad?
Jones and Gaston (when she’s healthy) are probably our best 4 and 5 players right now.
But really hard to keep Moore, Muhammad and Faye off the floor. I’m expecting big minutes for Jones
and a lot of rotation for all of the rest depending on their production any given game and an occasional big line-up with Amina at the 3.

We should be dominant inside most nights.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Booker not a 4, did you mean Muhammad?
Jones and Gaston (when she’s healthy) are probably our best 4 and 5 players right now.
But really hard to keep Moore, Muhammad and Faye off the floor. I’m expecting big minutes for Jones
and a lot of rotation for all of the rest depending on their production any given game and an occasional big line-up with Amina at the 3.

We should be dominant inside most nights.

Booker plays on the perimeter but she's definitely playing the 4 in the starting lineup. She's guarding the 4 defensively. Even look at how Texas lists the starters (they view her as a 4 in the starting lineup). 

Muhammad has much more athleticism/quickness/etc to guard wings or guards at the 3. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There will always be foul trouble so the minutes are there. Vic subs regularly due to us trying to make every game a track meet. 

Taking my daughter for her 13th birthday along with 3 of her friends from her school basketball team to the UCon game. We go to plenty of games and always buy reserved seats. First time going with GA tickets. Any advice for GA other than being there at 1 when gates open? Doesn’t seem like there are any bad seats but always appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1

#10/11 Texas (8-0, 0-0 Big 12) vs. #11/12 UConn (4-2, 0-0 Big East)

Sunday, Dec. 3 at 2:00 PM CT
Moody Center | Austin, Texas
Tickets: https://hookem.at/WBBvsUConnTickets
TELEVISION: The game will be televised nationally on ABC. Ryan Ruocco (pxp) and Rebecca Lobo (analyst) will call the action.
*AT&T/DirecTV users may be blocked due to the contract dispute. Maybe go old school antennae.
RADIO: All women's basketball games will air in Austin on 103.1 FM, along with the web streams on TexasSports.com and the Longhorn App. Craig Way (pxp) and Kathy Harston (analyst) will call the action.

The Texas Longhorns (8-0) look to extend an eight-game win streak when they host the UConn Huskies (4-2) at 3:00 PM ET on Sunday, December 3, 2023 at Moody Center.
Texas took down Oral Roberts 112-74 on Wednesday in the team's last action, with Taylor Jones leading the effort by scoring 27 points in the victory.
Paige Bueckers' 22 points helped lead UConn to a 71-63 win against Kansas in the team's last outing on Saturday.

UConn Team Stats
The Huskies average more points per game, 77.2, than the 49.9 Texas gives up. When UConn reaches the 50-point mark, it is 4-2 on the year.
The Huskies are dishing out 15.5 assists against 12.3 turnovers per game this season. When UConn has an assist-to-turnover ratio better than its season mark of 1.26, the Huskies are 1-0.

UConn Players to Watch
Bueckers leads UConn in scoring and averages 20.7 points and 1.7 steals per game. Nika Muhl paces the squad with 4.7 assists and averages 7.0 points, while Aubrey Griffin leads the Huskies with 6.8 rebounds per game and adds 9.2 points.
Bueckers is the top threat for UConn from beyond the arc. She leads the team in made threes per game, making 1.8 treys per contest with a 44 percent shooting percentage from deep.

UConn Regular Season

vs2168.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&locationDayton            W102-58
@152.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=NC State          L92-81
@135.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=Minnesota        W62-44
vs26.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=o2UCLA             L78-67
vs2305.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&locationKansas            W71-63

• Hook 'Em 1

Need to survive these Faye minutes. 

Big difference with her on the court is it's like playing 5 v 4 on offense and we even get an advantage with Jones because teams have to double her. We were getting open looks in that first quarter because UCONN was sagging in the paint on Jones. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed