Texas Women’s Basketball 2023-2024: Handing out ass whoopins and lollipops, and we’re all out of lollipops

Pancho

It seems to me like Vic still needs to land another inside difference maker to be competing for a FF next year. Neg me if you want, but I don't see it in Oldacre. She didn't get starting min at Miami and her stats don't indicate anything more than a replacement for Hadi, and not an equal of Gaston. Not much left to go after though.

And, of course, nobody knows how long it will be before Rori is back in form. I remember it took Lashann 2 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

It seems to me like Vic still needs to land another inside difference maker to be competing for a FF next year. Neg me if you want, but I don't see it in Oldacre. She didn't get starting min at Miami and her stats don't indicate anything more than a replacement for Hadi, and not an equal of Gaston. Not much left to go after though.

And, of course, nobody knows how long it will be before Rori is back in form. I remember it took Lashann 2 years.

Oh I don’t disagree. Oldacre is good depth and maybe she’s starting center in 25-26 depending on what we do in the portal, but we need another inside player. We cannot rely on Carlton to play big minutes, she’s just a freshman. You need someone like Barker who can play the 4 or 5 and be starting 5 next year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Yeah, I think we're all in agreement here. Need to land Barker.

• Hook 'Em 1

Coach Wisdom is now following Cameron Williams and Coach Lovato is following both of Cameron Williams' parents.  She graduated this weekend from Michigan. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Coach Wisdom is now following Cameron Williams and Coach Lovato is following both of Cameron Williams' parents.  She graduated this weekend from Michigan. 

Is Williams enough? I'd have to think Texas stills needs to land Barker.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Is Williams enough? I'd have to think Texas stills needs to land Barker.

I would hope we could still land Barker but our interior depth would be without her: 

6’4 Jones / 6’6 Oldacre / 6’3 Williams

6’1 Moore / 6’2 Carlton 

And no idea where Boutilier slots into that rotation, if at all

My concern would be both Jones and Williams are gone after next year. Barker has 2 more years 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The portal reopens for those players with the coaching change though, right?

Yes, another 30 days.  But still kind of sucks for them, as schools have likely gotten close to completing their rosters for the fall.   Kind of have to hope it's an internal promotion, like Stanford, to keep things in place. 

My favorite part of her announcement was "there's never a good time to retire"

Well, mid-May is a shitty time since the coaching carousel was over and the portal had closed (except now for Iowa players) so if any of them leave, you're kind of SOL in finding quality replacements. 

Edited by Js1

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

OU and aggy on the road and neither at home?? Wtf?

Yeah the SEC did some shit ass WBB scheduling. Hopefully there’s enough complaining by the coaches about it. Zero reason we shouldn’t be playing aggy and OU home and road. 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah the SEC did some shit ass WBB scheduling. Hopefully there’s enough complaining by the coaches about it. Zero reason we shouldn’t be playing aggy and OU home and road. 

It looks like Texas-USC, A&M-Arkansas, OU-Mizzou, Tenn-LSU, Auburn-Miss St, Ole Miss-Vandy, Bama-Florida, and UGA-Kentucky are the home-home "rivalries."  Not sure what the reasoning is other than vaguely matching up the better teams.

Just now, closetojumping said:

So the Texas-SCar matchup is viewed as a bigger ratings driver than LSU-SCar? I can't see any other reason for doubling Texas with SCar than that. Doesn't SCar also bring back damned near everybody? That's some bullshit.

Two preseason top 3-4 teams

Vic and Dawn rivalry renewed (had some good games at Msst against Dawn)

Likely the top 2 teams in the SEC - could see this matchup 3 times at least (2x regular season, SEC champ title game)

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Well I knew the SEC wasn’t going to play nice with their scheduling given we’re the newbies. Well probably be @aggy in just about every sport and have the toughest schedule to boot 

So like the big 12 making us play @UH in every sport 

• Rage+1 1