Red Ash Austin got my mix tape

Deej

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

I would rather eat Waffle House with an aggy and a sooner before I'm caught dead in a In N Out.

I would eat at a Waffle House with an Aggy and Sooner tonight, no questions asked.  It's that good.  

I don't mind In-n-Out.  Kids like it and it's pretty affordable.  Admittedly, I don't know how that one on the north end of the Drag survives.  That's an expensive plot of land but there's rarely ever more than a handful of cars between the lot and the drive-thru line.  It was insanely packed the first year.  When I do pop by every couple months on campus, I'm maybe 1 of 3 customers there.  The ones on Airport and Lamar are lines out into the road whenever I drive by though, so overall---they're doing just fine.  

One thing I miss about business travel before Covid was getting an easy spot at a "popular" restaurant for a great dinner.  Worked even in Austin.  I'm not waiting two hours for a table to eat by myself. and the bar's probably jam packed.   Wait near the bar, order one drink.  Tip cash to the tune of 50% and ask bartender kindly to let me know if something opens up at the bar so I can sit and eat.  He's keeping track of who is about ready to be seated or just tab out and leave.  Tells those 1 or 2 folks "Take your time, no rush.  I'm gonna put this here for the later crowd" and sets a little "Reserved" tent over one of the spots.  By the time I'm done with my drink, they've left for their table or the next bar and he's already got a place setting for me.  It's the little things you miss after a pandemic, no drinking, and most places going cashless.  Food tastes just as good as it does at the table you gotta book weeks in advance.  Apparently the chef doesn't care where the plate is going after the expediter picks it up.

2 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

I would rather eat Waffle House with an aggy and a sooner before I'm caught dead in a In N Out.

Sweet one less person in line, the last time I was in Texas and ordered a WB, took a few bites and tossed it, was disgusting. Semi warm dry patty and a cold bun, now Ill fuck with some taquitos and most of their breakfast but my burger experience have left A LOT to be desired

1 hour ago, Smax said:

Sweet one less person in line, the last time I was in Texas and ordered a WB, took a few bites and tossed it, was disgusting. Semi warm dry patty and a cold bun, now Ill fuck with some taquitos and most of their breakfast but my burger experience have left A LOT to be desired

Outstanding, In n Out Derka has arrived.

Nobody gives a shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Fuck ME!!!

Finally figured out the Open Table (use your app not computer) hack, and got some reservations after passing two weeks ago. Fuck, fuck, fuck... Was looking forward to going more often again.

I just looked on their website and it said replacing ductwork.  I guess since you could always smell the smoke a little anyhow... 😉

6 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Go on...

For some reason if you are on your computer you look out and there are no reservations in sight.  i believe this is an Open Table software issue related to likely pushing folks into the phone app? Or Google deviousness?  Anyhow my daughter actually found it. But bottom line is you can find open reservations on the phone app when you see nothing on your computer screen.

You still needed to look a month out to get a good time slot if you were particular.  Apparently you can also waitlist somehow.  

I must say it was fucking awesome in the old days when the place first opened to wait at the door, grab a seat at the bar and enjoy some of the finest happy hour discounted food around.  Hell half the entertainment was about 2/3 through munching down, the positioning and posturing of the patrons desperate to get your seats at the bar!  Ahh, the good old days.