2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

1 minute ago, RexWilson said:

I’m at the game. Has there been an update on Lively?

Nope, but I’d be shocked if he’s not concussed. That was ugly (knee to back of head)

The refs have been letting Gobert and KAT get away with murder 

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

On replay it looked like a concussion. Took a knee to the back of the head and looked extremely woozy when he got up. 

2 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Nope, but I’d be shocked if he’s not concussed. That was ugly (knee to back of head)

The refs have been letting Gobert and KAT get away with murder 

IMG_3564.gif.239a263ebae78ffcc618f66d20db58f3.gif

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I wanted to blame KAT for that play but it was inadvertent. He was jumping for a rebound and Lively happened to be down on the ground. 

Those were meant to be separate posts. That was an unlucky play and the refs have let them get away with murder.

• Hook 'Em 1

I hope he returns because Dwight Powell is unplayable on both sides of the floor. Also hope DJ is alright, he got hit in the same part of the lower back from last game. We can't have josh green guarding for long periods of time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What is the point of getting in the bonus if the refs swallow whistles like a Kardashian tape? Still, you can’t let Edwards getting hot take you out of what is working. 

Edited by ITHorn

38 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I wanted to blame KAT for that play but it was inadvertent. He was jumping for a rebound and Lively happened to be down on the ground. 

Fuck him. Kidd should put tell Markeith to put an elbow up his nose.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is going to have to be the Luka-Kyrie show. All of a sudden, this game feels extremely important to the outcome of the series. Somehow sneak out a win, I think you can find 1 more without Lively. Lose this, I do not feel great about the rest of the series if we don’t have Lively back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:
Fuck him. Kidd should put tell Markeith to put an elbow up his nose.

KAT knew exactly what he was doing. Fuck him.

It was completely accidental. Lively was falling out of control, no way to predict and execute.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

It was completely accidental. Lively was falling out of control, no way to predict and execute.

It was at least reckless, and the knee in the balls was intentional.  I’ve been watching this game for a long time and I’m 100% sure that if Dick Motta, Jerry Sloan, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Red Auerbach, Bill Russell, Chuck Daly, Doug Moe, George Karl, Lenny Wilkins or any other old school NBA coach was on the Mavs sideline up 2-0 they would put a body on KAT.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Should've been a flagrant on rudy, he didn't play the ball at all and just two arm shoved gafford who was already in the air.

Yup. Didn’t get a second look or a mention though. That’s an 80s playoff foul that they aren’t supposed to allow anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

I thought Ant was that guy a young Kobe. Nah. He shrivels up when it matters most this entire series.

Ehhh I am not here to kill Ant because I am old enough to remember Kobe and MJ coming up small early in their careers.

KAT is the guy who should getting roasted. He brings nothing to the table when it matters.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Ehhh I am not here to kill Ant because I am old enough to remember Kobe and MJ coming up small early in their careers.

KAT is the guy who should getting roasted. He brings nothing to the table when it matters.

Bingo 

Towns and Goober were supposed to carry them

they got washed up Conley out there doing everything