Dave Campbell's is out...

Knoxtnhorn

I think I've purchased every issue since '91; read my father's issues before that.  Not perfect but still worth a buy in the interwebs age.

Roschon is the #1 QB.

My high school - Garland - may still be the worst 6A team in history.

Dumbass aggy on the cover.

I don't subscribe to anything and rarely read mags, but I buy a gotdam DCTF nearly every year..it was pretty cool seeing my name mentioned back in the day, (HS) and dad always bought one and still does afaik.

Don't know if I can stomach the ring bearer on the cover this year though, I could handle an aggy player or two, but not Jimbo Baggins. This may have to be one of my skip years, I'll skim through dad's copy next time I visit the rents..

I'm not sure about the issues being regional.  I always thought there was just one cover - hence the "big" reveal every year.

The front cover does have a fold-in with that badass Houston d lineman, but I'm not sure it would fold over in a way to cover up Baggins.

The mag seems to try to hard to impress every team's fans.

It has an All-Texas team.  North Texas has the top QB.  On defense, SMU has 3 players in the 2-deep.  Texas is tied with Texas State with 2.  Only Boyd and Hager made it.  There's no way Gary Johnson and Malcolm Roach aren't 2 of the best defenders in the state.

13 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

The mag seems to try to hard to impress every team's fans.

It has an All-Texas team.  North Texas has the top QB.  On defense, SMU has 3 players in the 2-deep.  Texas is tied with Texas State with 2.  Only Boyd and Hager made it.  There's no way Gary Johnson and Malcolm Roach aren't 2 of the best defenders in the state.

Yeah, it's pretty laughable.

• Like 1