2019 (yep it's early) Hall of Fame class

AUinHsv

Way early but the off season is here. Who gets in as a regular player? The senior committee hasn't named their candidate yet and neither has the contributors committee so we are left with the regular players. And as an aside they finally corrected the huge injustice by voting Jerry Kramer in... Next up should be Gil Brandt...

For the regular players the minimum is four and max is eight.  First time candidates that are well known are Tony Gonzalez, Champ Bailey and Ed Reed. others from the 2018 finalists include

Tony Boselli

Isaac Bruce

Brian Dawkins

Alan Faneca

Steve Hutchinson

Joe Jacoby

John Lynch

Kevin Mawae

I think Gonzalez and Reed are locks and probably Bailey. With two DB's that pretty much rules out any others. There is a lot of lineman but not a lot of defensive lineman so I am going with Faneca and Hutchison. Guessing that Bruce might make it just because there are very little offensive skill positions out there. That makes six..

Eh Champ Bailey isn’t a first ballot HOF in my mind. HOF yea but he doesn’t leap out as a player folks will be talking about for years to come. Yea he made the pro bowl 12 times but I also tend to think the CB position was a little weaker in his era (hell Ronde Barber is a 2000s All Decade CB)

13 hours ago, 83Horn said:

I absolutely hate the redskins, but Joe Jacoby belongs in the Hall of Fame.  He was a key part of one of the NFL's most legendary offensive line units.

Definitely. Joe Jacoby is the best player on that list. He was a beast.

I have reservations about some of the other guys on the list. 

19 hours ago, South Austin said:

Vai Sikahema’s omission is a crime of the highest degree.

I went to a Texas high school football school and a high school friend of my older brother moved out to Arizona. When he came back to visit, he would state Arizona high school football was pretty decent and there was football talent in the state. Then when we weren't looking, he would blindside tackle us and yell Vai Sikahema. It was pretty funny watching Vai Sikahema in the pros years later.

13 minutes ago, ousux said:
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, South Austin said:
Vai Sikahema’s omission is a crime of the highest degree.

Higher degree than Tommy Nobis being left out?

Of course.  Sikahema's career kick off return and punt return averages were significantly greater than Nobis's.