For all the times that ou squeaked out a conf championship...

honolulu horn

Kansas still has KState and Texas hasn’t shown it won’t try to lose a game they shouldn’t. OU could still get back to the title game if they win out, and they should win out with WVU, @BYU, TCU. Texas just needs to take care of business. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Kansas still has KState and Texas hasn’t shown it won’t try to lose a game they shouldn’t. OU could still get back to the title game if they win out, and they should win out with WVU, @BYU, TCU. Texas just needs to take care of business. 

They have another loss in them, I can sense it. They've gotten waaaaay too lucky too many times, and it has finally caught up to them. Reminds me of Sark in year 1. It won't be that bad, but I believe they'll drop another one to either WVU or a shitty TCU

I hate to ruin the party, but even if we win out and win the Big 12, there is no way we make the CFP if there are 4 unbeaten teams at the end of the season. If Georgia, Florida State, Washington and the Big Ten Champs are all undefeated, we’re screwed. 

4 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I hate to ruin the party, but even if we win out and win the Big 12, there is no way we make the CFP if there are 4 unbeaten teams at the end of the season. If Georgia, Florida State, Washington and the Big Ten Champs are all undefeated, we’re screwed. 

If Washington loses in the conference title game, they can still lean on the "better loss" argument to get in over us. They have the Oregon win to point to as a marquee win. 

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

Going 12-1 and winning the Big 12 Championship on our way out the door in year 3 of Sark’s tenure = “we’re screwed.”  Got it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

They have another loss in them, I can sense it. They've gotten waaaaay too lucky too many times, and it has finally caught up to them. Reminds me of Sark in year 1. It won't be that bad, but I believe they'll drop another one to either WVU or a shitty TCU

I don’t think losing to WVU is a possibility this year.

3 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

...fuck you sooners, it's our time now. 

Not sure if you have noticed but our dumbfuck coach thinks he is at Oregon and doesn't know how to strategically play football other than thinking he is on a PlayStation. We are capable of losing any of the remaining games even though we should mudhole them all even with Ewers out.

14 minutes ago, MainBldg said:

I don’t think losing to WVU is a possibility this year.

WVU is not an easy out this year. They’re 6-3 and should be 7-2 if it wasn’t for the miracle Hail Mary that Cougar High completed against them.

The only team with an “easy” remaining schedule is Okie State (UCF - UH - BYU). As long as we take care of business, I think they’re the odds on favorite to be our opponent in the championship game.

7 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Look! Another premature ejaculator…

*pulls out the black light* Nope, no orgasms yet. 

My point was that this season so far has played out in reverse of so many other seasons, even those where we've beaten ou and then they go on to the conf championship game. I got so fucking tired of watching them luck into winning games like we did against Houston or K State the past few weeks. OTOH, they have dropped games they shouldn't have -- for so many years that has been our domain. For once we aren't looking up at the rest of conference standings, hoping that ou or someone else will lose so that we can get back into contention for a conference championship. Am I counting on a conference championship, or a playoff spot? Hell no, for too many years we've been really good at finding creative ways to fuck up our season.

But we control our destiny late in the season, and that doesn't happen often. And ou is mired in sadness at the moment, hoping that various pieces fall into place for them. So hell yes, I am enjoying the fuck out of this season so far. If we do wind up winning out, then yeah, there will be a mess to clean up. 

7 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Good.  I'd love to punch ou in the mouth to win the conference.  Or anybody else.  If Quinn is back by then, we're going to fuck somebody up.

• Hook 'Em 2