Ski season 2023-24

jdhorn92

Heading to Breckenridge Week between Christmas and New Years. Wife wants to try CO after many years in Park City and DV.  Any hacks for a first timer to Breck?  We’ve skied all over CO, just never Breckenridge 

We’re staying in a condo off lowest 4 O’clock run.  

Dinner reservations so far at Hearthstone and Blue River Bistro. 

Why?  

It’s an activity that is heavily intertwined with travel. At least half of the discussion on skiing is actually discussion about which places are nice to visit, how to get there, where to stay, where to eat, etc.

The skiing thread was on the Food and Travel board up until a few years ago and still belongs here.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

It’s an activity that is heavily intertwined with travel. At least half of the discussion on skiing is actually discussion about which places are nice to visit, how to get there, where to stay, where to eat, etc.

The skiing thread was on the Food and Travel board up until a few years ago and still belongs here.

Agreed... we had it here and then someone kept moving it to hobbies.  Jump over there - thread is more active.

Best place in town is probably Rootstalk.   Relish is very good.  Ember is very good for shareable plates.  The new Carlin for seafood is pretty good and their downstairs Tavern is great for bar food/drinks.  

Casual for us is Sancho's for tacos, Canteen for burgers, Tin Plate for pizza.  

We do happy hours at Aurum, Hearthstone and Twist. 

For breakfast, we rotate between Columbine Cafe and Blue Moose.

• Hook 'Em 1

Any recs on park/all Mountain skis?  My boy is racing, but also wants a versatile pair that will work in the park and on groomers.  We're in the Midwest, so not having backcountry or deep powder skis is fine. 

Right now we're leaning towards the Armada ARV 88.

Bonus question: Do I need to get the kid a second pair of boots too?  He loves his race boots, but I'm not sure it'll be comfortable on rec skis.  

Edited by TexasHooch

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...