Gun Control

Heavy 6

26 minutes ago, Mike "Wags" Wagner said:

Liberal playbook, claim everyone is a "ist" that disagrees with your fucking retarded progressive ideals.

Why else would you falsely label someone as an immigrant? Pray tell.

Spouting off bullshit that is provably false isn't "disagreeing", it's just being a moron. And refusing to own up to your "mistake" is something a coward does.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Why else would you falsely label someone as an immigrant? Pray tell.

Spouting off bullshit that is provably false isn't "disagreeing", it's just being a moron. And refusing to own up to your "mistake" is something a coward does.

I would believe you are a woman abuser based on your avatar. 

10 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

Probably because she's wearing a cuban flag on her shirt/jacket.

And the same for people with irish flags or union jack gear of any kind, I'm sure.

And even if we accept the completely ridiculous idea that it's because of her patch that he literally believes she's an immigrant, he is at best a moron.

5 minutes ago, Amobie said:

Yeah.. it's totally that and not your attitude.  

You want the police to lock people up without being convicted of a crime in order to protect gun ownership. Your words, my man, sorry.

Edited by bad_teammate

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

And the same for people with irish flags or union jack gear of any kind, I'm sure.

And even if we accept the completely ridiculous idea that it's because of her patch that he literally believes she's an immigrant, he is at best a moron.

It indicates she has a fondness of her heritage at the very least.  I think it increases the likelihood she's a 1st or 2nd generation immigrant and denotes the "group" she identifies with. 

8 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

It indicates she has a fondness of her heritage at the very least.  I think it increases the likelihood she's a 1st or 2nd generation immigrant and denotes the "group" she identifies with. 

For whom is fondness for heritage a problem, because people like you seem to love the idea of fondness for heritage in... certain... races.

Sorry, bud, but your buddy is racist.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

What does this even mean? She's a natural-born US citizen that is proud of her heritage. Is there something wrong with that?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

Do you even  know what the word immigrant means?  Here's a hint...it's impossible to be a 1st or 2nd generation immigrant. 

Good grief some people are dumb.

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Do you even  know what the word immigrant means?  Here's a hint...it's impossible to be a 1st or 2nd generation immigrant. 

Good grief some people are dumb.

It's not because that's how the census bureau defines them. The terms themselves are stupid. The girl in question is a natural-born citizen and half white. 

16 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

I'm assuming you only read the first sentence in the Wiki article...

The term second-generation immigrant attracts criticism due to it being an oxymoron. Namely, critics say, a "second-generation immigrant" is not an immigrant, since being "second-generation" means that the person is born in the country and the person's parents are the immigrants in question. Generation labeling immigrants is further complicated by the fact that immigrant generations may not correspond to the genealogical generations of a family. For instance, if a family of two parents and their two adult children immigrate to a new country, members in both generations of this family may be considered "first generation" by the former definition, as both parents and children were foreign-born, adult, immigrants. Likewise, if the two parents had a third child later on, this child would be of a different immigrant generation from that of its siblings. For every generation, the factor of mixed-generation marriages further convolutes the issue, as a person may have immigrants at several different levels of his or her ancestry.

Now for the actual definition of "immigrant"

Immigrant

Also, if her family is from Cuba, they would be classified as refugees, not immigrants.

Final note, by the wiki definition, I'm a 1st generation immigrant (Italy) on my father's side and a 2nd generation immigrant (Germany) on my mother's side...no one has EVER referred to me as an immigrant.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's not because that's how the census bureau defines them. The terms themselves are stupid. The girl in question is a natural-born citizen and half white. 

20 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

What does this even mean? She's a natural-born US citizen that is proud of her heritage. Is there something wrong with that?

Heritage isn't something to be proud of like it's a personal accomplishment.   Your ancestors being from one island vs another isn't something to be proud of, it's dumb.  It's just a way to divide people into different groups. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, udaydanceparty said:

Heritage isn't something to be proud of like it's a personal accomplishment.   Your ancestors being from one island vs another isn't something to be proud of, it's dumb.  It's just a way to divide people into different groups. 

Do you feel the same about displays of American patriotism/nationalism?

I don't know what your username was on the Shag, so you can say whatever you want and recreate yourself anew. Use the opportunity wisely.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm assuming you only read the first sentence in the Wiki article...

I know what the term means.  It's a term used to describe how families integrate into communities while still holding onto traditions from their place of origins.  It's a process that happens over several generations. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

I know what the term means.  It's a term used to describe how families integrate into communities while still holding onto traditions from their place of origins.  It's a process that happens over several generations. 

How do define when a child has one parent that is an immigrant/refugee and the other parents who ancestry has been in the US for many generations?   I don’t understand why labels matter so much but I think this is the situation in this case. 

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How do define when a child has one parent that is an immigrant/refugee and the other parents who ancestry has been in the US for many generations?   I don’t understand why labels matter so much but I think this is the situation in this case. 

fuck this has to do with gun control?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Swam@Texas said:

The greatest thing I've seen is (Not A Crisis Actor) David Hogg whining about losing his First Amendment rights by having to have a -- brace yourselves -- clear backpack at school.

He's OK with millions of law-abiding citizens losing their Constitutionally protected right to carry a weapon in self-defense, and can use lots of potty words to criticize politicians -- but for him to have to have to carry his government textbook in a piece of see-through luggage is where, gosh darn it, someone has to draw the line.

Just wait till he finds out George Soros won't fund his march for backpack choice, though. Then maybe he'll realize he's just a pawn being played on the grown-up's chess set.

https://ijr.com/2018/03/1078696-david-hogg-clear-backpacks-parkland/

Yes sir. How dare these idiot kids who saw their classmates and teachers slaughtered with an AR15 by a guy who didn't even go to school there think that making them all carry clear backpacks is stupid. How fucking dare they! If that killer would have been made to carry a clear backpack to a school he didn't attend he would have thought twice! 

Stupid ass kids. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Look at this bad ass, going after the kids again.

It's weak shit, man. You'd think people would exercise some decency when it comes to kids. 

I see no issue with discussing their politics, but clearly that's too high of a goal for some. 

• Like 1

The ones attacking the kids for standing up and speaking out really need to do some soul searching.

Of course we should have seen this coming after they went after a gold star family during the election, and then again when they went after the widow of a fallen green beret.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skyline said:

- Undermining our constitution? The kids are engaging in peaceful protest. Come on. 

- Children as props? Again, it's the kids who are running with it. 

- We've added many amendments, laws and the constitution aren't static. 

- No Dem candidate is running on repealing the 2nd that I can think of. It's hardly in the top 3 issues for liberals. Gun reform, maybe, but I hardly think it's going to be what they run on. 

If you think the children organized that, I have some beachfront property in Montana to sell you. Get real. 

Hold that march on a Saturday and see what happens, nobody wouldve come. It was pushed by liberal adults. Kids just wanted to get out of school. 

Repeal the 2nd amendment and see what happens, I dare you. And good luck getting 3/4ths of the states to agree to that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Calling a 17-18 year old kid Hitler because he is speaking out against your dumbass beliefs is weak, pussy shit. That skinny-armed kid has more balls than you've ever had.

The Constitution is dumbass beliefs. You'd fit right in 1930's Germany.

Edited by Mike "Wags" Wagner
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Weird, because the Constitution grants him the right to peaceful protest, which is what he's doing... and you don't seem to want that... weird...

I am in no way against the protests that happened. First amendment being exercised is fine by me. But the irony in your post is thick.

"Weird, because the Constitution grants him the right to bear arms, which is what gun-owners do... and you don't seem to want that... weird..."

1 hour ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

If you think the children organized that, I have some beachfront property in Montana to sell you. Get real. 

Hold that march on a Saturday and see what happens, nobody wouldve come. It was pushed by liberal adults. Kids just wanted to get out of school. 

Repeal the 2nd amendment and see what happens, I dare you. And good luck getting 3/4ths of the states to agree to that. 

You're severely underestimating the kids. Please, ask yourself what is more likely: that there was a legitimate buildup to this moment after years of gun violence in schools reaching a tipping point, or that these kids are all props for someone's political agenda? MFOL was organized by a variety of people, but it has real roots dating back years and should be viewed as an organic movement. 

The march took place during what is spring break for a lot of kids. You're blind if you think people would organize one of the largest protests ever just to get out of school for one day. There was a lot of hurt in those speeches from the kids, you could trace where it's coming from too. 

I said it on the other site (rip), but I expect nothing meaningful on gun reform to happen in the near future. Also I never advocated for repealing the 2nd, so idk who you're arguing with. There's a significant number of people arguing for some reform, and I think it's wise to listen and to understand where they're coming from. 

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

You're severely underestimating the kids. Please, ask yourself what is more likely: that there was a legitimate buildup to this moment after years of gun violence in schools reaching a tipping point, or that these kids are all props for someone's political agenda? MFOL was organized by a variety of people, but it has real roots dating back years and should be viewed as an organic movement. 

The march took place during what is spring break for a lot of kids. You're blind if you think people would organize one of the largest protests ever just to get out of school for one day. There was a lot of hurt in those speeches from the kids, you could trace where it's coming from too. 

I said it on the other site (rip), but I expect nothing meaningful on gun reform to happen in the near future. Also I never advocated for repealing the 2nd, so idk who you're arguing with. There's a significant number of people arguing for some reform, and I think it's wise to listen and to understand where they're coming from. 

I appreciate your response. I do think they are being propped for a political agenda, but even if they arent, I wont be listening to their cries/protests as they do not really have a firm understanding of the 2nd amendment, its history, and its purpose (they think they do, but they really are far too young to fully grasp it). I do hear their frustrations/fears and I feel for them, it would be heartless to say you do not. However, I will not be manipulated by an emotional argument. If meaningful reform that I actually thought could have an impact on gun violence in schools without infringing on the rights of the citizenry was proposed I would support it. I just dont think the answer is to make kids wear clear backpacks or ban semi-auto rifles. There is a middle ground but that is not it. 

• Like 1

A lot of people worked together to put together marches that involved millions. Some were adults, some were minors.

Right-wingers, I'm sorry no one comes to your parties and that the cool kids ignore you and the only people representing your side are either Nazis or weirdos in camo kilts.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

A lot of people worked together to put together marches that involved millions. Some were adults, some were minors.

Right-wingers, I'm sorry no one comes to your parties and that the cool kids ignore you and the only people representing your side are either Nazis or weirdos in camo kilts.

We dont have anything to organize against because we are in power. LOL. 

You make it too easy. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

I appreciate your response. I do think they are being propped for a political agenda, but even if they arent, I wont be listening to their cries/protests as they do not really have a firm understanding of the 2nd amendment, its history, and its purpose (they think they do, but they really are far too young to fully grasp it). I do hear their frustrations/fears and I feel for them, it would be heartless to say you do not. However, I will not be manipulated by an emotional argument. If meaningful reform that I actually thought could have an impact on gun violence in schools without infringing on the rights of the citizenry was proposed I would support it. I just dont think the answer is to make kids wear clear backpacks or ban semi-auto rifles. There is a middle ground but that is not it. 

The Parkland kids' arguments are emotional and rational to some extent. MFOL as a whole is arguing for some gun reform, hell they'll accept any reform. Not all of it is based on repealing the 2nd. But there needs to be some give and take here. Dismissing the kids as props doesn't help conservatives.