Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

I voted Bernie in 2105/2016 but have been Team Warren since before any candidacies were announced this election.  I've been Team Warren this cycle but just listened to Bernie on Joe Rogan's podcast today and I may be back to feeling the Bern.  This guy has been fighting the war before most of us were smart enough to realize we were in a war.  He's good.  

I just hope one of these two can grab the nomination.

• Like 1

I wish Bernie would have started building his movement 30 years ago.  I don’t hold it against him that he didn’t shoot for the moon earlier but man, this guy was just sitting there in Congress while we went through the Clintons and the Bushs.  Fuck us for not noticing. 

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wish Bernie would have started building his movement 30 years ago.  I don’t hold it against him that he didn’t shoot for the moon earlier but man, this guy was just sitting there in Congress while we went through the Clintons and the Bushs.  Fuck us for not noticing. 

The 1989 Hugo would have been running a Russia fall of the Soviet Union angle on ole Bernie that would make 2019 heads spin. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

We need to build public housing. He is the only candidate (AFAIK, please correct me) proposing this.

Warren talked about it in the past, but her housing policy was all public subsidies to developers who promise to build affordable housing.

Most of the other stuff in that list is pretty boilerplate Dem shit.

Oh the Ro Khanna method. 

On Tuesday evening, New York Rep. Joe Crowley tweeted that he had won the support of progressive Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., in an increasingly heated primary in Queens and the Bronx. By Wednesday morning, following an outpouring of anger at Khanna, the endorsement had become a “dual endorsement” of both Crowley and his opponent, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

17 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

We need to build public housing. He is the only candidate (AFAIK, please correct me) proposing this.

Warren talked about it in the past, but her housing policy was all public subsidies to developers who promise to build affordable housing.

Most of the other stuff in that list is pretty boilerplate Dem shit.

projects don't work, become crime infested ghettos.  Best to move poor people out with good jobs.  In Houston and Dallas, the poor blacks of 40 years ago have moved into middle class areas by the tens of thousands. Upward social mobility by education and jobs , follow the American dream. 

4 hours ago, NowThis said:

projects don't work, become crime infested ghettos.

Love me some unfounded Republican talking points in the Bernie thread.

mmm mmm good

Best to move poor people out with good jobs.  In Houston and Dallas, the poor blacks of 40 years ago have moved into middle class areas by the tens of thousands. Upward social mobility by education and jobs , follow the American dream. 

We have lower economic and social mobility than most of our Western allies. Myths aren't good for policy.

The "good jobs" are the difference. Geographic density isn't the issue.

31 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Love me some unfounded Republican talking points in the Bernie thread.

mmm mmm good

We have lower economic and social mobility than most of our Western allies. Myths aren't good for policy.

The "good jobs" are the difference. Geographic density isn't the issue.

I've spent all my life in the Houston and DFW suburbs and can see the improvement of black folks.  They are indeed movin' on up.  

5 hours ago, NowThis said:

projects don't work, become crime infested ghettos.  Best to move poor people out with good jobs.  In Houston and Dallas, the poor blacks of 40 years ago have moved into middle class areas by the tens of thousands. Upward social mobility by education and jobs , follow the American dream. 

Look at these crime infested ghettos... that these people came from. While following the American Dream you still need somewhere to sleep. How can one accomplish anything without a place to live?

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

hahaha of fucking course you have

unlike anyone else here, including you.  The point was that black folks are a hell of a lot more numerous in places where were almost all white a few decades ago.  And it's not because of housing projects. 

Edited by NowThis

I do not believe anyone here is arguing affordable housing is the cause for anyone moving up in the world. It is simply a way to help ensure people aren’t sleeping in the streets. 

But don’t let me stop you from using phrases like poor blacks, projects, and crime infested ghettos when describing the totality of the situation.

Edited by Dropout

The man is legendary regardless of what happens next. Still think he gets it done in 2020. The Rogan podcast now has close to 7M views in 3 days. Reading the comments is pretty encouraging as well. Many people seeing Bernie for who he is for the first time it seems. Amazing but whatever I’ll take it. I’d love to see Joe Biden go an hour answering unscripted questions. Would qualify for a comedy special.

27 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Weigel posts this tweet and gets a bunch of shit from Berners in replies about crowd size at Iowa State Fair. A fucking pissing contest over how many people attended each of their speeches. 

Then this morning. 

He also refused to acknowledge his declining poll numbers in Iowa.  

Why, this all looks so familiar. 

Scapegoat the immigrants minorities and poors while we have the taxpayers subsidize the employees of the richest families and corporations in the world. Add a few distractions and they’ll never notice. Better yet some will even willfully fight the war.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Weigel posts this tweet and gets a bunch of shit from Berners in replies about crowd size at Iowa State Fair. A fucking pissing contest over how many people attended each of their speeches. 

Then this morning. 

Weigel and Dovere are basically as mature and professional as those who troll them in response. Dovere is the one who attacked David Sirota with an outright lie (saying that Sirota was working for Sanders while Sirota was working for the Guardian, and the Guardian called for a retraction.)

It's a slapfight between blue-checkmark hacks and anonymous Internet-poisoned Bernie bros. No real good looking "side" on this one.

Regarding Nina, go fuck yourself. Talking about having a lot of grassroots enthusiasm is valid and important and comparing a black woman like her to Donald Trump is dismissive, demeaning, belittling bullshit. Fuck you. Go kiss Pete's AR.

Edited by bad_teammate