Movies you're ashamed to admit that you enjoy

Mo Horn

On 3/14/2024 at 8:47 PM, CoTex said:

I enjoy Captain Ron.

Kurt Russel’s schtick.

Martin Short’s overacting and spasticity.

The overly simplistic plot. 

The whole damned thing.

You buried the lede. Nude Mary Kay Place. Been waiting on that since Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.

• 1 month later...

To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar

23735021-B360-4C3C-8C6A-442AD0424144.gif.9631c734baf69e7a0f37ec8ca5736f47.gif

This movie is not good, but it has its moments and was pretty ahead of its time for being released in 1995.

I used to sit and watch this movie with my little gay brother so my dad wouldn’t get pissed that my brother wanted to watch a bunch of drag queens instead of playing football. It also helped that the movie had Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes in it. 

My “approval” of the movie helped my brother get comfortable in his own skin and not be ashamed of being gay. A lot of young people didn’t have that kind of support back then. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Knights Tale (mentioned already)
Starship Troopers (also mentioned I think)
The Replacements
Big Trouble in Little China

Starship Troopers and Big Trouble do not belong on that list because:

1) They have both aged well
2) Directed by geniuses
3) This is Surly and we mostly love those films

now if you admit you love Starship Troopers 2-4, then you’re on to something
  • Hook 'Em 1

You never read the book, did you?

You bookfags. Unless you read 120-page novellas they arent being faithfully adopted into a 2-hour movie.

Regardless, on Surly people arent worried about bookfags snobby opinions.

I guess The Notebook. It’s the Cadillac of Nicholas Sparks films. Jesus Christ, what a sad ending.

Honorable mention: Safe Haven. It takes itself way too seriously. Peak Julianne Hough hotness, and her alcoholic ex-husband is just so hilariously over the top evil.

Spoiler

Cobie Smulders as a ghost encouraging Hough to bang her widowed husband was really funny. 

56 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

You bookfags. Unless you read 120-page novellas they arent being faithfully adopted into a 2-hour movie.

Regardless, on Surly people arent worried about bookfags snobby opinions.

Didn’t think so. 

On 5/4/2024 at 11:15 AM, MrBig said:

To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar

23735021-B360-4C3C-8C6A-442AD0424144.gif.9631c734baf69e7a0f37ec8ca5736f47.gif

This movie is not good, but it has its moments and was pretty ahead of its time for being released in 1995.

I used to sit and watch this movie with my little gay brother so my dad wouldn’t get pissed that my brother wanted to watch a bunch of drag queens instead of playing football. It also helped that the movie had Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes in it. 

My “approval” of the movie helped my brother get comfortable in his own skin and not be ashamed of being gay. A lot of young people didn’t have that kind of support back then. 

CSB they filmed the scene where they drive out on a dead end bridge in a small town I lived in. I was there but they used doubles and not the actual actors.

Edited by Nole-4-Life