Texas Rangers 2024: Run It Back

ztejas

7 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

please share. I deleted Twitter a couple years ago (mental health improvement); but always miss that account. 

They have their own website now too.

It's not posted yet but here's one to whet the appetite. This was Saturday's game, where they were just warming up.

I'd be shocked if it's not significantly worse. I'm not usually one to give a shit about umps, and the Rangers definitely lost the game themselves, but blue was nice helping hand for the Astros last night.

• Like 1

They should have implemented the ball/strike challenge system this season. It has worked well in the minors. I’m sure the Umpire Association is vehemently against it to keep the umpires from looking like complete idiots all game.

10 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

I know he's a rookie and is destined to get this treatment, but Wyatt's gotten a lot of really bad pitches called strikes on him this season already. At least 7 I can remember.

The good thing is, he's not extending his strike zone to compensate for it.  He's staying disciplined and accepting the garbage in stride.  That is a sign that this kid is going to be a fucking superstar.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Constant said:

They should have implemented the ball/strike challenge system this season. It has worked well in the minors. I’m sure the Umpire Association is vehemently against it to keep the umpires from looking like complete idiots all game.

They already look like idiots. The bigger idiot is the person not willing to admit it.

As a comparison, I watched the last 5 minutes of the Spurs game last night and NBA replay definitely slows shit down, but they reviewed two questionable plays that were blown calls live but they reversed them and got it right.

2 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

They already look like idiots. The bigger idiot is the person not willing to admit it.

As a comparison, I watched the last 5 minutes of the Spurs game last night and NBA replay definitely slows shit down, but they reviewed two questionable plays that were blown calls live but they reversed them and got it right.

I’m with you. The whole thing loses its legitimacy when Angel Hernandez has been employed this long. 

• Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

I know he's a rookie and is destined to get this treatment, but Wyatt's gotten a lot of really bad pitches called strikes on him this season already. At least 7 I can remember.

• Rage+1 1