Abilene Christian @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

Horny Bull

Nice. Non-consecutive same inning home runs! Grover Cleveland would be proud.

What is the context of this reference?

Didn’t know if he made some a specific baseball reference or you’re simply that adept at adding it to this context.

7 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

What is the context of this reference?

Didn’t know if he made some a specific baseball reference or you’re simply that adept at adding it to this context.

Grover Cleveland is the only President to serve non-consecutive terms so it was just a silly nerdy reference.

I do hope he also hit non-consecutive home runs at some point as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Grover Cleveland is the only President to serve non-consecutive terms so it was just a silly nerdy reference.

Grover was known for his speed. I think it was Chester Arthur who had the higher slugging percentage.

• Haha 1

I like it.

Admittedly at first I was thinking Grover Cleveland Alexander and wondering if I missed some famous quote. If I knew your little fact, I’d forgotten it. So you made at least one person smarter.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Grover was known for his speed. I think it was Chester Arthur who had the higher slugging percentage.

Maybe so, but Woodrow Wilson put up the biggest numbers out of all of 'em. 

Our only series with the Mormons as conference opponents coming up.

I like how we will have shared a conference with Cincinnati for a whole academic year and we will play exactly one game against them in the three major men's sports. A fierce conference rivalry.

20 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Our only series with the Mormons as conference opponents coming up.

I like how we will have shared a conference with Cincinnati for a whole academic year and we will play exactly one game against them in the three major men's sports. A fierce conference rivalry.

Yet we have been sent to play at Houston in literally every sport (volleyball, football, men's basketball, women's basketball, softball, baseball and soccer)

• Rage+1 4

Gasparino is 5 for his last 33. I like some of the adjustments we have made to the lineup but they may need to swap him and Galvan for the time being, although sticking him and Kennedy back to back may not be ideal because neither gets on base a ton. 

• Hook 'Em 1