Taiwain Earthquake.

InkaUtexas

A 7.4 magnitude earthquake struck off Taiwan's east coast on Wednesday, setting off tsunami warnings on the island and neighbouring countries.

The epicentre is located about 18km (11mi) south of Taiwan's Hualien city, according to the US Geological Survey.

Multiple buildings have partially collapsed in Hualien and are shown leaning at precarious angles.

It is Taiwan's strongest earthquake in 25 years, said seismology officials.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68719996

Tsunami warnings in the region.

6 minutes ago, F250 said:

The microchip supply chain about to get fucked up again?

Some sights evacuated. Have not seen damage reports. The Plants and Ports are the ones to watch.

But looks like there was some damage across the country.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Shit

A few thought after watching that video... that crane operator must've been shitting bricks, especially when the counterweight fell off.

They had safety netting and cantilevered fall protection / dropped objects netting, but a ladder still came flying off the side of the building. Crazy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I've woken up to a small earthquake, and it is the weirdest feeling. You're still tired, can't really comprehend what's happening except your bed is moving back and forth. It's a really weird feeling.

By “small earthquake” you mean South Austin’s mom, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Superhero said:

I called my parents and they're safe. They live NW of Taipei so the epicenter was further away.

My mom said it was pretty scary - their highrise apartment building was swaying pretty hard, and the structure was "moaning".  The electricity is still on and and water is still running, so their lives aren't really disrupted. They just need to deal with the after shocks for the next few days.

My dad's a heavy sleeper, and usually wakes up late, but he woke up from the shaking. I've woken up to a small earthquake, and it is the weirdest feeling. You're still tired, can't really comprehend what's happening except your bed is moving back and forth. It's a really weird feeling.

I think I’d have a real hard time staying in a high rise that I just heard the structure moaning. Logically, if it survived the quake, it’s probably built for that, but all I’d be thinking is that there’s a crack someone and the next aftershock will be what breaks the camel’s back so to speak

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Really a roof top water feature now.  And those guys below don't seem to care the earth is shaking and shit is coming apart.  I guess for them this is job security.

• Hook 'Em 1

The pendulum hanging down the center of Taipei 101 is badass.  Ate a lunch on the top floor restaurant and had the physics explained to me… with that said there is no chance that I would want to be up there with a quake at half that magnitude.  Hope the casualties are minimal and they bounce back fast.  Really solid people in Taiwan.