Songs you're ashamed to admit you enjoy

Beau Vine

16 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

The bulk of the Grease soundtrack.

I got that album when it came out in '78 - a few years prior to even seeing the movie.  I remember some kids doing Greased Lightening at an elementary talent show when I was in 3rd grade.

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

I remember some kids doing Greased Lightening at an elementary talent show when I was in 3rd grade.

Must have been interesting for the parents to hear 3rd graders sing out "she's a real pussy wagon" 

Saying I "like" the song might be an overstatement.  But I do have a fondness for it, because we were fishing in Port O"Conner for a couple days and we were getting fucking blanked.  And I kept singing the "It's not my name!" hook.  Sort of like I often say, "that's what she said" at inappropriate moments.  But it broke the tension and made my buddy laugh.  Then we got into the fish and became the guys at the dock that everyone was asking where we were and how we were fishing.

Still... "it's not my name!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You people are largely describing well written, well performed songs.  Such shame.

oh yeah?

I feel so trashy when I hear this song, but I do like it...   and it certainly hasn't aged well.  But bad songs can be tied to good memories.

1 hour ago, locodos said:

I feel so trashy when I hear this song, but I do like it...   and it certainly hasn't aged well.  But bad songs can be tied to good memories.

That one was definitely on a heavy rotation back in my second 3rd stint at UT.  It was grad school, but everyone was trying to relive their undergrad lives...

Same singer (Shifty Shellshock) also performed later on a Paul Oakenfold song I like much better.